1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix] Dahmer: Monster – The Jeffrey Dahmer Story

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Sep 16, 2022.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

Harden's game fell off ever since he started dating Lil Baby...

Xerobull and RKREBORN like this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Can’t tell if this is a joke or not.

justtxyank likes this.
  3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

[​IMG]

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't usually do dramatizations of stuff I can find actual documentary material, but this looks pretty good, and I think Evan Peters is spot on, and I like Ryan's batshit craziness.

Will give this a try.

Dahmer is a fascinating character by himself, considering how young he was when he 1st killed and how long he got away with it and he was not "violent".

GRENDEL likes this.
  5. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

After I watched the first episode, I questioned whether I should continue watching. My wife convinced me to keep going, but I cringed and squirmed through the rest of the series. I'll admit it was very well done and Evan Peter's did a magnificent job playing Dahmer.

Even though the latter part of the series went into the exploitation of the victim's families by the media / the book by Dahmer's dad, you can't help but think about the re-traumatization this series has on those still alive. If this happened to one of my loved ones and 30 years later have to relive it in a Netflix series, I would be livid and depressed all over again

mikol13 and Salvy like this.
  6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

That has been some of the backlash that's hit this series from family members.....

In the wake of the show’s premiere, Eric Perry – a cousin of one of Dahmer’s victims Errol Lindsey – has taken to social media to voice their disgust with the creative choices in the series. Perry says in a tweet:

“I’m not telling anyone what to watch, I know true crime media is huge rn, but if you’re actually curious about the victims, my family (the Isbell’s) are p—-d about this show. It’s retraumatizing over and over again, and for what? How many movies/shows/documentaries do we need? Like recreating my cousin having an emotional breakdown in court in the face of the man who tortured and murdered her brother is WILD. WIIIIIILD.”

Perry added in a follow-up tweet that because the information is all public record, there was no obligation or requirement on the show’s backers to contact those involved in the story, meaning they learned about the series at the same time as everyone else.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/quietly-released-dahmer-series-slammed/

B-Bob and TMac'n like this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You would watch a TV show about someone you loved getting murdered?

8. TMac'n

I think if one were to come out, I would like to know how they portrayed me or my family. What if you found out what they put out on screen about your family was totally malicious or fabricated? I would sue if that were the case

Rocket River likes this.
  9. Xerobull

If my loved one was brutally butchered by a serial killer, I would absolutely NOT watch any sort of recreation.

10. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Great show!

11. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

12. Buck Turgidson

You are terrible.

RKREBORN likes this.
  13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

14. TMac'n

[​IMG]

jiggyfly, B-Bob and Xerobull like this.
  15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Dahmer in prison;m: “ no ****ed up child hood etc played into my decision, I found pleasure in this stop making excuses”

people obsessed with fetishizing white serial killers “but but his mom was mean to him and his dad worked too much…and nobody accepted him being gay : (“

imagine trying to draw sympathy for a ****wad child molester that dismembered and raped a kid and 16 others

16. Xerobull

Was there any further exploration into the comment in the first episode about his hernia surgery when he was 4, insinuating that anesthesia played a role in his craziness? I found this discussion on Reddit about it before the show came out.

17. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

18. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Twitter is right. If Dahmer was black, he would have been caught much earlier. Amazing how police let Dahmer go time and time again.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's the best thing I have seen in a long time.

I most definitely chuckled.

TMac'n likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Don't really think him being not black has to do with anything, they would have still been homophobe's that ignored the clues right in front of them.