1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is wrong with Herschel Walker?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 29, 2022.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Christian Walker is young, but he is also a fool if he believed that a man with a 50 year track record of not taking responsibility or accountability for anything in his life would suddenly be honest about his transgressions. If Herschel Walker was that type of person he wouldn't have a trail of destruction and poor choices tracking back to the USFL.

mdrowe00, jiggyfly and Andre0087 like this.
  2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Hell, they didn't even find him in GA. They found him in Texas and brought him back to the state he hadn't been living in the last 40 years. That is how far they reached.

mdrowe00, No Worries, IBTL and 2 others like this.
  3. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Yeah I'm confident this will impact at least that many votes. Keep in mind an impacted voter isn't just someone who switches their vote but also actively chooses not to vote. The effect in both cases is the same. Also its not even 100000 votes. A 3% swing is 50000 votes switching or somewhere in between if you assume some of those voters are just not voting in the Senate election. Using the 2012 Missouri election as an example, there were around 32000 voters that skipped that Senate election and Georgia's population in 2012 is something like 40% larger than Missouri's so you'd expect a greater drop off.

There's already tons of evidence of split ticket voting in Georgia by the very fact that Brian Kemp is running way ahead of Walker even before this scandal. I'm sorry but your cynicism isn't actually borne out by any real data other than frustration around the 2016 and 2020 elections. But even in 2016, you have to also imagine a world where Access Hollywood happens but the Comey letter/server "scandal" doesn't happen and then hypothesize a result.

But the idea that only 10000 votes change is preposterous. That's just pure cynicism with no evidence.

jiggyfly and Major like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Crazy.

No Worries and Andre0087 like this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Voters might be suppressed. Overturning Roe is suppressing R voters for some reason this cycle. Luke warm support for Walker might not changed the unmotivated R voters's mind.

We also saw in 2018 that a good lot of Trump voters do not show unless Trump is on the ballot.

jiggyfly and Andre0087 like this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

His other personalities or alters did the bad stuff Herschel's core identity is good and pure of heart.

mdrowe00, jiggyfly, ROCKSS and 2 others like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Correct. Herschel Walker's strategic team has decided to portray Herschel Walker as The Hulk.

Anything wrong like pointing a gun in his wife's face while SWAT is outside will be the fault of liberal tears that turn him into The Hersch

Anything good like, when he remembers what state he is in or mentions Trump is a positive thing and that is Herschel Walker.

[​IMG]

mdrowe00 and ROCKSS like this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Are Georgia republicans into this stuff?

9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

As I've said before, he has CTE. Not sure why they elected him. Then again, the left supports AOC who is as as stupid without brain damage so who knows

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Herschel on some bullshit.

Nook likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Rumor has it that OJ Simpson will run as a Democrat in California for a Senate seat.

King1 and ROCKSS like this.
  12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

As long as he's running around in a sweet Ford Bronco, he's got my vote.

mdrowe00 and Andre0087 like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude the same voters who voted in Warnock and Ossoff are still there.

Do you think they left the state or Walker is a much better candidate.

100'000 people don't have to change their vote they can vote the same way they did when Warnock got elected in the 1st place.

FranchiseBlade and No Worries like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

and they wonder why less and less people are going to church or are religious…

Christianity is basically a get out of jail free card to be close minded, hateful, a bigot, etc these days…it also discourages thinking for yourself and has become increasingly politicized

multiple videos of pastors acting like politicians during sermon…egregious sins overlooked and excused away while having nothing but hate for the “others”

15. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Great point, now we just need for them to show up and vote, candidates like this are a farce but its what the gop does........just align with the party and all your skeletons become invisible even after there made public.

FranchiseBlade and jiggyfly like this.
  16. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Iv`e gone from feeling sorry for him to thinking he is a friggin master manipulator and these so called "Christian" values are a joke.....same crowd that prayed over trump, what a joke

jiggyfly, mdrowe00 and Reeko like this.
  17. King1

King1 Contributing Member

At this point nothing would surprise me. It's embarrassing these are public officials. Guessing Antonio Brown is next

Nook likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

In February, the church welcomed Walker to the stage during Sunday worship to talk with Senior Pastor Anthony George. A key strategy for Walker’s campaign has been speaking during services of megachurches.

George continued his role of helping stump for Walker during Tuesday’s prayer luncheon. In a video shared on Facebook by an attendee, George and Walker are on a stage with Walker campaign signs on either side.

Although George did not explicitly mention the report about Walker paying for an abortion, his comments appeared to reference the news of the day. George said he wasn’t sure how Walker would be today but found Walker and his wife to be “in good spirits today because they know the name of the Lord is a strong tower.” George then read from Psalm 35, which he attributed to King David (though the text doesn’t note authorship).

“O Lord, oppose those who oppose me. Fight those who fight against me. Put on your armor, and take up your shield. Prepare for battle, O God, and come to my aid,” George read. “May those who rejoice at my troubles be humiliated and disgraced. May those who triumph over me be covered with shame and dishonor. But give great joy to those who came to my defense. Let them continually say, ‘Great is the Lord, who delights in my blessing, blessing his servant with peace!’ Then, Lord, I will proclaim your justice, and I will praise you all day long.”

George added, “I want to claim those verses for my friend Herschel Walker.” The crowd, which had said “amen” during the scripture reading, erupted with applause.

Asked by George how people could pray for him, Walker requested prayers for his wife Julie and “all my family that we continue to have the armor of God on and just to fight.”

George then asked those in attendance to gather around Walker and pray for him. Those closest to Walker put their hands on him while others stretched out a hand toward him. As George held the microphone and led a prayer, the crowd frequently shouted “amen” and other statements of agreement.

George started his prayer by thanking God “for allowing us to gather together in this place, in this house of prayer where we can call upon your name.” He said a “storm is raging outside these walls,” but peace comes from God.

“You give us the grace to face any storm that you allow to happen,” George added in his prayer. “And we thank you that before Herschel was born, you knew him by name, you had ordained his life, you had already anointed him to have gifts and talents that would cause him to excel above all others. Your hand of favor has rested upon his life all the days of his life. The good days and the dark and bad days, you have been there.”

George declared in his prayer that Walker “has come back stronger for every setback” and “he’s come back more faithful for every fight that he’s had to face.” He added that Walker “wants to glorify” God, be true to the Bible, and “wants to do what’s right for our country.”

“Lord, we know that this is a battle he’s facing. It’s more vicious than any sports field he’s ever played on. This is the fight of his life, holy God. And we call forth your ministering angels to be his defenders,” George prayed. “And we ask you to rebuke the devil so Satan will not get the victory. And we know whatever the results of this election, Herschel wins because we are more than conquerors through him that loves us. So, we thank you that we can support our fellow conqueror, our brother, our friend, the one that we are praying for today.”

George also prayed for a “protective hedge” around Walker’s wife “as she stands by her man.” And he added that the Walkers had “heard the call and they said, ‘Here I am, Lord. Send me.’”

As George continued praying, he also criticized the media for allegedly “circling this property, trying to sneak into this event just to feed the tabloids and the headlines.” But George added he wasn’t worried about the media because “we are standing on holy ground and you are our defender, you are our shield and buttress.”

In another Facebook video from the event, George mentioned some people present, including religious-political activist Ralph Reed. George then interviewed Walker, highlighting Walker’s personal life. Again alluding to the day’s news, George said, “God knew we would be having this meeting today. God knew exactly what would be going on. God knew exactly what people were going to be talking about. And so today we face an obstacle, but obstacles are no stranger to you.” He then asked Walker to talk about overcoming obstacles in life.

“God has prepared me for a moment like this” Walker said. “Jesus is with me and no weapon formed against me shall prosper.”

The repeated chorus of “amen” throughout the event indicated that those present remained committed in their support for Walker despite the latest allegation. Early comments on social media confirmed this sentiment.

Debbie Dooley, an influential Republican activist who cofounded the Atlanta Tea Party, wrote on Twitter after the luncheon: “I attended the prayer luncheon for the next Senator from Georgia @HerschelWalker. Big crowd and we gave Herschel a standing ovation. The hit piece on Herschel backfired spectacularly. Grassroots across Georgia are more determined than ever to elect Herschel.” She also tweeted a photo of herself and Walker at the event in front of an American flag graphic. In a video recorded after she returned home, Dooley called it “an enormously successful” event.

“I heard Herschel give his personal testimony,” she added. “There were folks at our table that were just so moved by his testimony that they started crying because it was just so emotional in the room.”

Dooley insisted the news story about Walker’s abortion “has backfired spectacularly because we know that Herschel Walker is a devout Christian.” She added, “I have complete faith and confidence in Herschel Walker. He is a good man!”

ROCKSS likes this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s amazing how much Christian forgiveness there is given to politicians with an ‘R’ yet moralization and condemnation of others.

The only value is power and the ends justify the means. Trump was absolutely right that this crowd. Won’t abandon him and can add Walker and etc.. even if they commit crimes openly. They’ll first blame it on the deep state as setting them up and then claim that God has forgiven them.

Nook, Rocket River, jiggyfly and 4 others like this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At this point if OJ Simpson ran as a MAGA candidate I bet he would get a lot of laying of hands on him and support.

Nook, jiggyfly and mdrowe00 like this.