1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabari Smith haters in hiding?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lachard Binkley, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

I hear ya. No one knows how any of them will end up and if someone claims they do they're really high on themselves. We know what their floors are and what their potential is. All 3 of these cats have all the potential in the world. We're just lucky that we landed one. Yes he's the one I always thought fit our team the best, but I was excited as well when it looked like Paolo was a lock. Just because Bari had a good game and Paolo not so much, does not mean ish. They're both going to be good. Chet will be as well if he can get and stay healthy.

In the end, a little bit of back and forth is good. It keeps things entertaining. How boring would it be if we all agreed 100% of the time? How fun was Pleasantville before one of us came along? Enjoy the ride, including the arguments because it's gonna be wild!

MystikArkitect and D-rock like this.
  2. vator

vator Contributing Member

Jabari still has a very raw handle, but these are 4 little simple things he’s already doing. Just has to make the shots. He went 2-4 on these. 2nd clip was shades of a certain player I dare not name.

3. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

That R to L crossover was a thing of beauty. I wish it would have went in.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

That 2 step dribble back from the FT line and quick check to make sure he was past the line for a quick 3... chefs kiss

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

His best game isnt trying to get all the way to the bucket. Nobody has wanted to talk about the play where he tried that and had his shot rejected at the apex near the rim. His threat to shoot will always keep defenders off balance. One dribble pull up shots is where he will cook and will be nearly unstoppable. Nobody should want him to try and do more than that. He is not going to be a guy who self creates and sets the table for others and that is perfectly fine.

vator and Hakeemtheking like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

That was never his game, even when was consensus #1.

vator and Verbal Christ like this.
  7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Agreed. No need to wish for that. This team is showing the ability to morph into whatever is needed from them which is awesome. Same would have happened with Paolo or Chet for the record and "that aint hatin'" ;)

[​IMG]

vator and D-rock like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

We get it.

You enjoy being wrong.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sorry, got all the haters mixed up.

I'll do better. :D

vator and Verbal Christ like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Key word is "most".

There were some die hard Paolo fans from jump street.

That Alves guy and Jiggy were literally Banchero zealots.

Xopher likes this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I like Jabari Smith!! There I said it as plain as I could!

Im fine that he sucks at dribbling a basketball! His game doesnt need it! When his shot doesnt fall we have other scorers and he will still be a + on defense.

Just remember my Paolo love died on draft night. I have rarely said a word on him and its only because there are guys running around needing pats on the back that these conversations become convoluted and distorted.

You loved Chet I loved Paolo and Jabari was an awesome consolation prize. Its ROX Nation not some dumb need for likes or clicks.

You the man!

BonziWellsGOAT and D-rock like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just say you were a Jabari hater without saying you a Jabari hater.

FYI, I have zero inkling if you a Jabari hater or not, I know you from adam.

But thou dost protest too much.

VickMackey likes this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Where in that is hate?

Wiggins is a top tier NBA player and I have always taken up for Wiggins before he got to G.S.

Thanks for illustrating his point perfectly, I'm a hater because I compared him to Wiggins?

Smith has a lot to improve to get on Wiggins level, but I guess that's hating, right.:rolleyes:

You are more ignorant than I thought.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Can you explain how that is a bad post.

Wiggins is what we hope Smith to be but without a dribble drive he cannot be that, so again what was bad about that post?

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wiggins has not been a high usage inefficient player in a while.

And he certainly does not have the majority of his value on the offensive side, you really don't have a clue when it comes to actually evaluating player, do you?

Wiggins is a much better playmaker as well, but for some reason you were offended by my comparing them?

So now a mid range shot can be efficient?

LOL, you are just all over the place.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I just think the comparison is off when Wiggins only developed a serviceable 3pter in the last two seasons and also shoots it in more open situations than Jabari, so the percentages don't compare well.

Plus Jabari is much taller with a potential to defend 1-5, so he'd be more versatile in the NBA.

Agree that Wiggins atm has a much better driving game, but ceiling for Jabari is much higher if he develops a good one.

17. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

“Extremely divisive” like this isn’t just an internet chat who gives a **** :D

D-rock likes this.
  18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Because that black or white bs is what has turned the garm into a kiddie pool of garbage posts&threads in the last years.
    Go to twitter if you want divisive sh** takes where no one wants to actually reply to what the other person said.

19. vator

vator Contributing Member

I intentionally did not include that one VC lol! I know the exact play you're talking about too. I left it on the cutting room floor. The move to the basket actually looked good, but the way it ended meant that there was no way I could try to spin that. He did however make a similar move a couple times against Paolo in the summer league. I know he scored once and was rejected once.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just say you wanna write generic nonsense without saying you wanna write generic nonsense.

dmoneybangbang likes this.