1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Concerts have you attended this year?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by white lightning, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I’m going to the Saturday show at Freaky Deaky this year in October. I can’t do two day festivals anymore.

[​IMG]

2. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

saw them in Dallas back in May - amazing show as always.

I stood right beside the guy who shot this video. When Andrew McClusky points at 35sec in, he's pointing to my daughter. She had a blast that night too.

3. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

This year I have seen:

Tool
    Slightly Stoopid

Upcoming:
    Korn w/ Evanescence - might break out the old JNCOs and roll up to Cynthia Woods with my chain wallet

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

On GOD.

SAME

5. Xerobull

I don’t see them on the lineup.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Who is Camping?

7. Xerobull

Zoomer term for ritualistically shaving your testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I suggest you try it

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It was worth waiting 20+ years to see Pavement! Met Malkmus the morning after the show. The band stayed at the same hotel I was in. Surreal.

Blake and DCkid like this.
  9. Xerobull

Went to the Smashing Pumpkins/Janes Addiction/Poppy show last night. Great show!
    • Poppy had limited set time and her show budget was equally as limited. Still, I love her music, really enjoyed it. She came on at 6:30 and the floor seats where I was were about 1/3 full. That didn't affect her show but I felt a little bad for her and the band. I was singing along to the songs and she looked over at me a few times (we were 4th row), I think grateful that there were a few fans in the crowd.
    • Janes Addiction played all of their classics, over an hour. The band was ****ing awesome, and grandpa Perry can still bring it; he came out chugging a magnum of some champagne, and my wife joked that it was probably prune juice. They had scantily clad dancing girls, sometimes with just G-strings and tape over their nipples which enhanced the viewing entertainment. IMO they were the best part of the show but I'm biased because I was a big Jane's fan back in the day.
    • Smashing Pumpkins put on an amazing show and played some of their new stuff. Billy Corrigan is a great frontman and entertainer. The drum kit was insane. I'm more of a fan now than I have ever been.
    On the down-side, the seating was all assigned, meaning there were floor seats. Tiny seats meant for small people. Most of the time everyone was standing so it really cramped everything. I think the seating and price point really attracted a less enthusiastic crowd for the floor. I really felt the aging of my generational cohort of Gen-Xers. A b****y couple in front of us had drinks spilled on them a couple of times and the second time the wife poured water on the lady who spilled a drink on her. It was a rock concert and these people obviously had never been to a real one. Security got on any women who tried to get on shoulders which was pretty lame. I personally would have rather had open seating and had a mosh pit and just stood wherever. I guess I just haven't aged into the 'sit and watch rock bands' crowd yet.

But the show overall was amazing, and totally worth the money. I don't think I will pay to go see Janes or SP again but I'd love to see Poppy in a smaller venue where I can stretch my legs and the energy is a little more frenetic. The whole thing sort of woke that concert-going spirt in me again. Since my kids are getting a little older and our oldest can babysit, I'm looking at seeing more shows in the future. My wife loves live music and says it's the closest thing to church she gets so we will definitely be seeing more soon.

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I didn't know SP was touring. I saw them with Soundgarden once and they were TERRIBLE. Glad to hear that isn't the norm. Iha back on guitar? Was the new stuff coo?

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Who wants to go to Snail Mail in h-tine with me? I'm scaredt of the zoomers.

12. Xerobull

I don't know if they've honed their craft or the band is better or whatever but it was a great show. I didn't expect much; one of the reasons I never saw SP live was because I saw videos of the live show that agreed with your assessment. Billy's vocals aren't pitch perfect live compared to their studio recordings but he gets a lot out of what he has.

I think what you should really be scared of with this mellow band is the show starting too late and falling asleep because it's past your bedtime.

Ziggy likes this.
  13. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have seen the following bands this year:

The Deer at the Mucky Duck - a great folky, Americana group out of Austin - https://www.thedeermusic.com/home

King Buffalo at White Oak Music Hall - psych/stoner rock out of Rochester - https://kingbuffalo.com/

and just last night - Andrew Bird and Iron & Wine at White Oak Music Hall - wife is a big fan of Andrew Bird and after last night, so am I - https://www.andrewbird.net/

Xerobull likes this.
  14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I was watching the Iron Maiden concert from late Sep 2022 in Anaheim, CA on youtube. A few songs into the show...Bruce Dickinson chastised the fans on the floor for smoking too much weed and impacting not only him but the bassist who hates weed. He basically told those guys smoking to f*** off out of here to go smoke elsewhere because they weren't putting up with it. He was serious about it but it was pretty funny.

Bono and Killatron 2000 like this.
  15. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Me and some friends made a road trip to see Lagwagon and Strung Out in Austin last weekend. Pretty good show. Reminded me of my teenage years in the mid nineties. I think it was the first show I went to that I didn't play in like 10 years.

TimDuncanDonaut and Xerobull like this.
  16. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Just got back from Blues Traveller...the lead singer is way smaller.

FrontRunner and Xerobull like this.
  17. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

I saw Roger Waters last night. My takeaways:
    a) It was very loud - which also might mean I'm getting old..
    b) I knew he was political, he started the concert by saying if you don't want to hear his politics then tough - but even I was surprised about how political he was
    c) Moody center drinks are overpriced
    d) I'm surprised he played for that long given his age
    e) Good mix of the original Floyd material and his songs

I'm continuing my old band tour by seeing Pet Shop/New Order tomorrow.....I wish I saw Smashing Pumpkins on Wed, but next time or next pandemic.

Xerobull and FrontRunner like this.
  18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

You met him? That’s incredible. How was the show?

BMoney likes this.
  19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Show was 10/10, no lie. If they sucked I would admit it. They were on point and the reviews say pretty much the same. They are being both professional AND actually enjoying what they're doing this time.

And I've been monitoring their setlists because each show is fairly different. I genuinely think I lucked into the best possible setlist they've done (considering MY tastes).

Also saw some celebs in the crowd but that seemed pretty normal, same thing happens in Austin. Or it used to.

Blake likes this.
  20. Xerobull

Gearing up to go to Freaky Deaky tomorrow

Wife grabbed us floor seats for Incubus in February.