1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is wrong with Herschel Walker?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 29, 2022.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I was watching something about this and they buried the lead, the most damning thing is him saying they had to continue to keep running from his violence.

Makes me wonder why the change since he introduced him at a fundraiser makes me think the son is not getting what he was promised but its still a major blow to Walker.

Andre0087 and ROCKSS like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

This **** is disrespectful as **** to black people.

Republicans literally just grabbing any black celebrity and running them in Georgia.

They have done the same thing a number of other times.

Herschel Walker isn't fit to be a Senator.

His ex- wife says that Walker had SWAT called on him because he had a gun pointed at her and threatened to kill her.

His own son says that they had to run and hide from Walker because of his domestic violence.

He lied about having a degree, he lied about working for the police, he lied about having a baseball team of children with other women.

He lied about his businesses, he lied about how much money he has, he lied about abortions.

He claims he has multiple personalities and some of them are not nice.

He clearly had severe mental problems.

This is the BEST candidate that the Republican party could find in Georgia? This is the best black candidate they could find in Georgia?

There is no way in hell this is the best they could get.

This is shameful, and these types of candidates will destroy our government and standing in the world.

Herschel Walker couldn't get a job in the NFL because of his background, but he can be a Senator? **** that noise.

3. Xopher

Xopher Member

So you're telling me the alt-right of the GOP now believes in a black Jesus?

CCorn, ROCKSS and Nook like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's even funnier knowing Warnock is literally the exact figure Hershel is claiming to be.

Xopher, LondonCalling, CCorn and 4 others like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

The GOP thinks that black people are as stupid as the evangelical wing of the party, and will "take what they will get."

Rocket River, ROCKSS and Xopher like this.
  6. Major

Major Member

If you believe the son - and I know nothing about him - he says that he was told Walker would make all of this public and get ahead of it once the campaign started. He said he was willing to let it go if Hershel essentially repented from his past and admitted his mistakes and showed growth, etc. But it's turned out not to be the case, thus he went public. But really, I have no idea if that's legit or not.

jiggyfly, ROCKSS and Andre0087 like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

ROCKSS likes this.
  8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

That poor kid. He has some serious psyche issues.

That being said, I don't think any of this is going to hurt Walker.

It would have killed him in a primary, but in a general it's meaningless.

9. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Its definitely not meaningless. At the very least it'll result in some undervotes. Maybe that doesn't change anything and we still end up in a run off but Georgia's college educated population still votes overwhelmingly Republican so even a minor shift in that electorate can be the difference between a win and a loss.

And if it does go to a runoff, any loss in enthusiasm for Walker sinks his chances there. Yeah its not like the old days when a scandal like this would basically ensure a gigantic loss but I think we've swung too far in the other direction and are now convinced that nothing matters.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

How many percentage points do you think this swings things? And how close to you expect this race to be?

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

if this doesn’t encompass the complete lack of morals and integrity within the republican party, Idk what does

no morals…they stand for nothing

complete hypocrites through and through

just offer some useless prayers and then cast your vote for an abuser, cheater, and liar…that’s the Christian way…that’s the republican way

No Worries, ROCKSS and Andre0087 like this.
  12. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Maybe a few of points (2-4%) and that might be all Warnock needs to win. It's Georgia so its just a hyper polarized state but any undervoting and some minor vote switching among college educated voters might be all he needs. Warnock is averaging at around 47 percent right now so it doesn't take that much to clear 50%.

And remember because of Georgia's runoff system undervotes lower the total number required to hit 50%. Ten years ago, a scandal this might have swung the race by 20 points (like Missouri and Indiana in 2012). But even if the swing is only say 3 points now, that's still enough to get a win outright.

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. CCorn

CCorn Member

Considering republicans don’t give a **** about a platform anymore, they just want you to say you support Trump and have an R next to your name, a bunch of libs should just start running as republicans in primaries. You can literally say whatever you want and they’ll eat it up. Just end it with “save this country from those evil democrats”.

I’m going to see if I can get a friend to do this in a local election. My social media history is too tainted with trolling.

Rocket River and ROCKSS like this.
  14. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

This is pathetic, the gop stands for nothing..............how can anyone vote for this dude after his son (who needs some help it appears) finally tells the truth about his dad................they don't see a candidate, they just see the letter R and that's all they need to know. When trump said he could kill someone on 5th avenue and the base wouldn't care, was he foreshadowing what was coming for the entire party? I am at a loss for words, I do not believe one thing these crazies say anymore

jiggyfly, Andre0087 and Reeko like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Christian Walker once said that although he’s only attracted to men, he is not gay…he clearly has some repressed feelings and trauma

Why Herschel’s secret abortion was the last straw, Idk.

Andre0087 and ROCKSS like this.
  16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This one is quite strange and interesting. I have not seen it in politics.

He was diagnosed with multiple personalities (by a controversial doctor that specializes in that field). He has shown great awareness of his mental illness through his book and has talked about it publicly for years. Yet with that awareness, he continues to lie like eating candy and behave badly, almost like he's using it to his advantage, as a convenient excuse for his behaviors. I find it very troublesome. He might be extremely mentally sick or he might be very cunning.

This also shows the political power of Trump and where today's Republican party is at. Walker probably wouldn't stand a chance pre-Trump. I think Trump saw someone with strong name recognition that can behave badly without political fallout due to this well-known mental illness and his god talks. Today Republicans, while not surprising, sadly have no problem voting for him with an easy excuse for his bad behaviors and a strong desire for a government based on their Christian values. Even more than Trump, Walker can probably literally shoot someone and won't lose any social conservative voters.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

You seriously think 100,000+ people are going to change their vote over this? Really?

I think you're looking at maybe, on a good day, sub 10K votes being altered because of this (less than half a percent).

If the race comes down to a couple thousand votes, fair enough, but I think odds of that are extremely low.

ROCKSS likes this.
  18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I really hope someone does this. Are there any real repercussions for lying during the campaign and then flip flopping once elected?

Andre0087 likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

There is a good chance he is a sociopath (which isn't THAT rare), but it would explain the lying, lack of accountability and lack of responsibility or remorse.

Also I remember hearing Walker speak decades ago and he was far more engaged and responsive, even though he was still a liar.

The speaking issue doesn't denote a lack of intelligence, as others like Trump and Biden and even Bush had similar issues. Also, for some men it can start in their late 40's and not be an indicator or a lack of intelligence.

I don't think the man is as dumb as a lot of people thing, but I do think that he is in way over his head and has never had to be accountable since college, so it is impossible to ask him to be so now. He also largely has never given fore though to his actions.

People like Connell and Graham want to win so that they can push their parties views and policy and make it law, and Trump has helped that tremendously and any long term harm or damage they will worry about down the line.

ROCKSS likes this.
  20. CCorn

CCorn Member

MAGA army might kill you.