1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Nwaba appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Salute.

KJ Martin should be rejoicing. He may actually make the team now.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nwaba needs to be on Sixers or Bucks. Would have been an even bigger fan favorite if he played for D'Antoni and with Harden.

The Luc comparison is a good one.

His defensive intensity was only surpassed by his professionalism.

xiki and burlesk like this.
  3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Well said JW! I loved Nwaba's relentless effort. He was like a shark on the court, always moving, looking for an opportunity to strike. Good luck David!!

ElPigto, xiki, burlesk and 1 other person like this.
  4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Nwaba always plays hard when he gets minutes. Martin has all the physical talents but too many times I've seen him sulk or play lethargic when he finally gets minutes. I really want to like KJ since his dunks are pretty awesome for show but his attitude is concerning at times.

Rokman likes this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

wish him the very best, especially when playing the rox cus this team needs to tank for wemby's mama.

@hakeem94 pls confirm

burlesk and D-rock like this.
  6. Rokman

Rokman Member

I really like Nwaba. It's a shame we couldn't have made his time here better. I hate that he was playing for such a crappy team in his prime years and relegated to the bench behind a bunch of rookies. I get why it was done and it's best for the long haul of the team obviously but he's a good dude and I would have liked to have seen him had a successful time here.

xiki, burlesk and D-rock like this.
  7. Rokman

Rokman Member

I agree I want to like him and see his talent flourish but I think he's a cancer and needs to go at this point. He's acting like Parsons in that he's pushy about what he wants but was a second round pick not a top draft pick. He needs to chill.

8. a time to chill

FrontRunner likes this.
  9. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I really liked the dude. He deserves to be on a better team. He didn’t make sense here, but he’d be good bench depth for a more veteran team. Wish him well!