1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Las Vegas Shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Trump declared an election fraudulent and that he was the actual winner (not saying he would just speaking in the hypothetical) - what would be the recourse? Presumably it would go to the courts and the courts would likely shoot him down. So his other option would be to declare some kind of martial law to control for rioting which would put him at ods with congressional powers.

The other way he could subvert democracy is actually manipulate the election results. One through legislative means such as voter id laws, or ensuring states make it difficult to vote for liberals more than conservative. Another would be to disrupt the voting process on election day.

Both of these seem unlikely. Given the states run the election, I don't think he has many options here to become a dictator. Not without the U.S being fully engaged in a war - he needs some context to declare martial law and use the military which presumably won't challenge the Commander in Chief.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Has anyone ever figured out why this guy did what he did? It seems really weird that no one seems to know his motive.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

We have better things to worry about than this guys motives ... like Trumps tweets and RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I mean yes?

The stuff the President of the most powerful nation does is usually more important than one mass murderer and his motive but then again your premise was just stupid anyways. I don't think Trump news is slowing down the process of investigators trying to find a motive.

5. Space Ghost

The Trump obsession has ruined this forum. Nuff said.

6. fchowd0311

You know those comedy movies where someone grossly over their head is suddenly placed in a position of power and authority?

Well that's what is happening at literally the highest level possible and you don't think that will generate massive news coverage?

Rashmon likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

More than just that honestly, Trump Derangement Syndrome has gotten completely ridiculous and caused so many people to lose whatever credibility they had.....and I say that as an original "Never Trump" person.

8. fchowd0311

Why are like 90% of your comments always about some vague notion about you expecting more from posters you debate with but then you magically realize they are dumb?

It's like you are a bot. In the past year you've essentially related this line 100 times:

"I should have understood that you can't understand my logic."

You are showing early signs of dementia dude.

9. Space Ghost

The difference is you have trouble sleeping at night with the thought of Trump being POTUS.

I sleep easy because I realize he is just another egotistical puppet, just like all the politicians in office currently and previous politicians. I don't have irrational fears of waking up to a thermonuclear war with N Korea or to Russians parachuting down on American cities lead by Trump and Putin. We are 1 year into the Trump presidency and everything is just as it as a year ago.

10. fchowd0311

Why would you post such a stupid comment about my sleep patterns when you know I can easily refute it with "no"?

No, my last couple of semesters and my capstone project are what keeps me up from time to time.

Now does that mean we shouldn't be rationally concerned about having a grossly incompetent man commanding the world's largest military? Of course not.

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

12. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

If you hadn't been facetious, one could say you called that perfectly...

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Typical example of why gun laws need reform. Nobody needs 24 firearms.

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

So, what is the conspiracy people think happened? Curious to hear....

Just that it was a false flag to initiate gun control? Or that it didn't happen, and everyone was crisis actors, or what?

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Explain it to me. What's he saying/insinuating?

16. Buck Turgidson

I see commodore is channeling his inner Alex Jones in several threads today.

17. Commodore

that much about the LV mass shooting is unexplained

18. bobrek

OK...and what does that insinuate?

19. Commodore

that the feds know more than they've share publicly

20. bobrek

And who is Myles Suter?