1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wake up too early- Happen to anyone?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ROXRAN, Sep 30, 2022.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

So I wake up at 5:45am to pee, normally have to work at 7:30am - this is the worst - it’s dark no light outside- I want to go back to sleep but can’t coupled with knowing 7:30 is going to get here before too long…got to love those mornings so I am just wondering if anyone else experienced this awesome phenomenon

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Sometimes. I’ve developed that sleep at all costs for just a few minutes more mentality over the years. I also sleep with earplugs so that helps. Essentially if it’s more than 15 minutes before I need to wake up I get up.

I did have a bad dream last week that got me up about an hour early but I was feeling rested so it was all good.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Happens all the time to me. Once the clock has a 6 (sometimes a 5) as the first digit, I'm awake regardless of how long I've slept.

Meanwhile my wife has the ability to fall asleep or re-fall asleep when her head hits the pillow after starting sleep or going back to sleep.

jiggyfly, Ubiquitin and ROXRAN like this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

mom knows not to wake me up before sunrise. wish my parents allow me to lock my room so they won’t bother my mornings on weekends

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Yup, happens all the time to me as well. Usually can go back to sleep but sometimes I just get up- the worse is when you wake up to use the bathroom and you are supposed to get up in less than an hour- you might as well get up at that point because going back to sleep is going to make you more tired when the alarm goes off. Fortunately today is Friday and we have no classes so I can sleep in which I am going to do right now….zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

When mom wakes you up but doesn't close the door on her way out, so the draft in the room makes the door bang continuously and you can't go back to sleep.
    You're doing this on purpose, mom!!! :mad:

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

yo this af fr fr. and she always yells from downstairs for me to help with some bullschitte every saturday early mornings. dad tho, prolly doesn’t know i exist

Yung-T likes this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I can always fall back asleep in that scenario but it sometimes leaves me groggy - can be BETTER for your day to just stay up.

Buck Turgidson and Yung-T like this.
  9. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Yeah. Sure.

[​IMG]

Jontro and FrontRunner like this.
  10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Sleep inertia. I get that a lot when I take naps. Which is why I don't take many naps.

Yung-T likes this.
  11. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm one of those lucky people who can sleep just by shutting my eyes. Lately I've had some lower back pain and I'll wake up about 5 am and hit the head then retire to the recliner, turn on my heating pad, pull up a blanket and go back to sleep there.

I feel for those of you who have trouble going to sleep or staying asleep.

CrazyJoeDavola likes this.
  12. Juxtaposed Jolt

I feel like everyone has experienced this, at least once in their lives.

The worst part is waking up with like 30 minutes left to go before your alarm goes off. At that point, you might as well start making your breakfast and getting the coffee/tea ready.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Happens all the time I very rarely wake up when my alarm is actually set.

Going through a ruff bought of it now, I am waking after 4 hrs and tossing and turning the rest of the time.

And this is even with me taking Ambien FML.:(

Anybody taking that new sleep medication that came out?

Dayvigo?

14. Manny Ramirez

I was taking Trazodone for awhile as a sleep aid. I was going through a rough patch in my life and my sleep was poor. My GP put me on that and it does help but you will feel really groggy the next day. As soon as I was able to sleep normally, I quit taking the Trazodone.

Nook likes this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

This has started hitting me here in my mid 30s, can no longer sleep a straight 7-8 hours. Either I have to take a piss at 6am or just wake up at 6am and it's impossible to turn the mind off again with the impending 7:45am alarm clock.

16. Manny Ramirez

Wait til you get close to 50 - it will get even worse - I usually average getting up about 4 times a night to go to the bathroom

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

I used to have the same problem until I got my Kamala Harris waifu Pillow... Perfect night sleep every night....

[​IMG]

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Woke up last night just covered in sweat. Sheets soaked. Freaked me out. Never experienced it before. Don't like it.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

By any chance do you write for Business Insider?

20. Buck Turgidson

It's happened to me every couple of weeks or so for a bit. No rhyme or reason (diet/exercise/heat/alcohol/etc) I can determine.

Sucks, but it's a great motivator to change and wash the bedsheets and pillows though, whether they needed it before or not.

#20 Buck Turgidson, Sep 30, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
    donkeypunch likes this.