1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mystery heart attacks- Happen to anyone?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Sep 29, 2022.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You have to have a pretty convincing q wave, the majority of people can’t discern it

2. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

@Xerobull ...c'mon man. We can't have this. Get that ish straightened out. We need you here for decades more.

Sacrificing a pigeon to Jobu for future Xero health.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Blood pressure is great, never smoked even once (and only drink on very rare occasions, nothing since 2019) no diabetes, no family history. BMI is misidentified, I’m 6”1 and swing between 220 and 230 (literally in a day at times), but I’m a big solid guy and at 210 I have a six pack and am under 10% body fat.

I’ll definitely check out the link.

Manny Ramirez and Yung-T like this.
  4. Xerobull

My long term plan is immortality so we’re good clutchbruh

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My dad had a heart attack when he was 54. He was always in good shape and it happened while he was swimming laps. The life guard saw him struggling and jumped in and pulled him out and started CPR which probably saved his life. Am exact cause for why he had that has never been determined but most likely an infection.

Since then I’ve been very careful about 5 years ago I woke up with chest pain and pressure. I didn’t take the chance and my GF drove me to the ER. They determined I didn’t have Amherst attack and that it was most likely something in my chest muscles.

Hope you get things figured out about your heart and take care.

B-Bob, Andre0087, boomboom and 3 others like this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

glad you ok breh. you our honorary avenger

Nook, Xerobull and Yung-T like this.
  7. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

My Grandfather died of a HA @ 57. My Dad died of a HA @ 50. I'm 53 and having chicken fried steak for lunch and updating my will this weekend. If I'm ever gone from Clutchfans you'll all know why. I'm enjoying everyday.

8. Xerobull

Get it, son!

[​IMG]

B-Bob, jiggyfly, Yung-T and 1 other person like this.
  9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

In late February my brother-in-law got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and collapsed. My sister heard him fall and found his body. He had died from a sudden, massive heart attack. In the days that followed I learned that his uncle and two of his brothers had passed the same way. He worked as a long haul truck driver for over 40 years and the stress of the job plus the bad diet caused by that occupation finally caught up with him.

Nook, jiggyfly and Yung-T like this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

DUDE!

I am happy you caught this early, I have had a mini stroke, but I knew when that happened that's how I found out I had AFIB.

Just goes to show, no matter how we try to be preventative, **** still happens.

What kind of pain did you have?

Yung-T, Nook, Andre0087 and 1 other person like this.
  11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I wish i could help but i cant!

Only thing i can say for certain is if you're healthy and under a certain age, ENJOY IT!

The key to life is happiness. One of the keys to happiness is healthiness, imo.

Xerobull likes this.
  12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, if you're in your 40's you should start being pro-active and be looking into stuff like this before it becomes a concern. Get your heart, kidneys, etc. checked out. Things like calcium build-up, cholesterol, eGFR, creatinine levels, Bun B levels (just kidding... BUN levels), etc. should all be looked at. Then when you get them, actually investigate the numbers. Don't just rely on the doctor to say "yup... your levels are high". Some of this stuff you may be able to catch as trending towards bad before it gets bad. If you wait until the readings are bad, it may be too late. By that I mean, if you're measuring something that should be between 1 and 5 and yours is 2... then 1 year later it's 3... then another year later it's 4... hey, you're still "ok", but ... surprise... next year when it's 6 and you find out you have a major issue as a result. No, you should've suspected something was possibly going squirrely a year or two ago. Compare results over time even if everything is normal and ask questions.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Should the doctors also check for SCAD? It's rare, but...

14. Xerobull

Almost no pain. Like if you poked me in the chest. In fact, I think it was just mild soreness from a workout.

I'll ask. Cardiologist appointment is Monday at 8am.

Wise words.

Andre0087 likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm up to a baker's dozen now

16. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

lol...hope you're throwing in a few beers and cigarettes with that meal.

VooDooPope and Xerobull like this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

18. Nook

Nook Member

You need to be careful.

I lost my great uncle to a heart attack at 93 years ol.

Xerobull likes this.
  19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

jiggyfly, Buck Turgidson and Nook like this.
  20. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Ummmmmm... MI can absolutely happen while you are sleeping. It might wake you up though.

This was the most concerning part of your post, is that your physician didn't know that.

Should probably get a CT coronary angiogram, check if you have any blockages. Not sure of your age but insurance could be stingy about it. If you can afford a helicopter fleet then you can spring for an angio.

Also, depends on certain risk factors you may or may not have. HLD, DM1/2, HTN, smoking, family hx... I have an aunt that demanded her cardiologist run a test a few years back despite no obvious risk factors outside of DM1. Found that she had a major blockage in her LAD. It's called the widowmaker for a reason. Get that **** checked out.

#40 STR8Thugg, Oct 1, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    Yung-T, jiggyfly and Xerobull like this.