1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Training Camp

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yetti, Sep 11, 2022.

1. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

It’s interesting how Eason was listed in “Group 3,” but he’s also playing in a 3-on-3 scrimmage with the other starters? Hopefully that means he’ll be one of the first off the bench with the chance to earn a starting spot.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I would argue that EG is better than anyone right now in the 1st unit, and Bari and Tari are our best defenders by a long shot. Not really a surprise Green, KPj and Sengun can't score on them.

I think starting line up this year should be, Green, KPJ, Tari, Bari, Sengun, EG 6th man but also play starter minutes

3. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Yikes!
    The Rockets will be as good as Jabari is it makes sense he is a two way player.

4. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah NBA teams do lose a quarter 37-13, I think you would agree it's a bad sign for the team that scored 13. Those guys are our starters, they're the guys with experience, and they're the ones with offensive talent, yet they're struggling to score against rookies. I'm not saying this means the rockets are going to go 0-82, I'm just saying that it's a bad thing.

Little Bit likes this.
  5. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

This team is so much fun to watch. We're gonna be running around everywhere, pissing opposing vets off with hyperactive defense, putting up a ton of shots. If I didn't have prior engagements, I'd 100% be flying over to see that opener vs Ja. Gonna be a ton of running in that game.

6. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

KPJ was lazy getting back on Def needs to be coached into him this season.

7. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Overreaction to a practice score lol of course

8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Kinda alarmin for kpj green and sengun to get dumpstered by Eason Tari and gordon.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I mean KPJ was the dude that took the shot. JG needs to be the other guard that gets back as the shots going up... he's not shooting, cutting, rebounding, etc... needs to get back first.

AroundTheWorld, CXbby, fattz and 2 others like this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Doesn't EG have the most experience/offensive talent. Both Sengun and Green are second year players.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

that would be my starting lineup as well…then eventually trade EG and put JC as our 6th man

AroundTheWorld and KingSamJack like this.
  12. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Did many forget how good Eric Gordon is on D?

Tari Bari EGo vs KPJ Jalen Sengun? I could see how the score ended the way it did. That’s not a knock on anyone, just that one side has 3 guys known for good defense.

Moe, RocketWalta, bumbum09 and 4 others like this.
  13. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Also think KPJ should had passed it to green he was open.

cheke64 likes this.
  14. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah he does, I don't see what that changes though. I expect a team of 3 offensive players to be able to score the ball. It's bad if they can't. Jalen is supposed to be our guy, KPJ and Jalen want to be "the best backcourt in the league." It's not a big deal, it's one small session from one single practice. It's possible/probable that it means nothing at all. I'm just saying that, as a single data point, it's not a good one. To put it another way - if this score isn't an anomaly, then we have a problem.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

we need to have a fans only meeting stat.

i3artow i3aller and Reeko like this.
  16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

It’s a bad sign if it happens consistently. If it happens once it is pretty much completely meaningless. It’s a practice. Feel free to overreact to it though.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think it just shows you how green (no pun intended) that "first unit" trio is. They are also the less disciplined bunch, more free wheeling style, compared to Gordon, Smith, and Eason.

harold bingo likes this.
  18. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

we just need to get Victor and I think we will have a very hard team to score on.

i3artow i3aller and Easy like this.
  19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We need to see the whole footage. I need to see how many bad reads the backcourt did.

20. maj21

maj21 Member

Bari, Tari, and EG is a tough trio to score on. Y’all can’t sleep on that lol