1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Commodore a GOP Propaganda Bot?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Xerobull, Sep 26, 2022.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Well, duh.

It's important to note that lot of the polling about this was conducted before Roe v Wade was overturned.

Abortion is basically the moralizer issue for Republicans and so things may have swung significantly since.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

lol and speak of the devil, there's a Roe reference

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Ignore the data at your own peril.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

Huh? We have had bomb threats at a children's hospital my brother attends and that has nothing to do with abortions. We've had entire bills passed at the state level at multiple states just to harras and demonize like 2 kids in the entire state (transgender teens playing in female sports).

6. fchowd0311

Ohh data. Nice.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I'm saying that public attitudes toward the parties' level of preachy/moralizing nonsense may have shifted in favor of Democrats since RvW was overturned.

8. fchowd0311

Okay and in saying there wasn't some magical inflection point right after Roe was passed. The right has always been the moral high horse police. It is in their very core nature due to their core belief system in regards to having a culturally "Christian nation"

There are so many issues you aren't even considering. I can find you examples that happened in the past week of things like School age children being harassed because they didn't stand up for the pledge of allegiance.

9. LondonCalling

LondonCalling Member

I just think it's rather tame to think someone choosing to not associate with you because of how you come across is worse than say a law that will very likely put women into prison, and then say the former are the real moral police. It doesn't seem to gel is all.

[​IMG]

SCOTUS NEWS
    Divided court rejects death-row prisoner’s attempt to gather neurological evidence

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just think a person that chooses to not associate with you is less of a big deal than people in power who write and interpret law. A person that doesn't talk to you anymore is just a person and there are billions out there. But a judge or congressman or member of law enforcement has a lot of more sway than your typical citizen and it's typically their morality that has the biggest impacts on other people's lives. Regardless of data or interpretation, I personally am more concerned with who is enacting their morality into law onto others, than I am searching for a person making a fool of themself online through some social media medium.

#109 LondonCalling, Sep 28, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
  10. LondonCalling

LondonCalling Member

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Agreed. We use morality police in different ways, and I'd argue the tactics both sides use has become wholly American.

Traditionally, Cons pushed their morality from the top through Authority (law and order, religious decrees), while Libs pushed their morality through bottom-up grassroots plays through Influence (broadcast media, labor, celebrities).

Cons saw the losing tide from the media and I think they were blindsided by the courts from the 80s onward despite Reagan. With Republicans diminishing in number, there was stagnation with their authority that made them feel like they were being pushed around in the identity/culture wars to the point of prosecution or even White Genocide(!).

I think what people have to realize is that their leaders aren't all ideological purists. If they can use one tactic the other side uses to maintain power or accomplish some self-serving deal without people noticing, they'll ****ing do it. A lot of these "dumb things" incumbents pull off while Rome Burns seem to not make any sense when the most senseless doesn't even realize that Rome is Burning from their mediocre apathy.

Rileydog likes this.
  12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

No worries at all. I definitely have never posted anything about QAnon or Project Veritas. I also apologize if I was harsh in my response. The post just caught me off guard.

We are completely cool

Rileydog likes this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's your experience and so that may be true to you. My own view is that those on the Right are that they go far more frequently to horrible accusations such as that you're killing babies and grooming children.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I agree it's unseemly to single out a poster like that.

16. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Nook & @rocketsjudoka 2024.

Who is with me?

17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I will give the same answer that I did when the local Judo Organization tried to name me President of the organization. My first act will be to impeach myself. If that doesn't work I will lead an insurrection against my administration.

Rileydog likes this.
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It also shows their popularity and relevance
    They always make threads about the 99ers

19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

That would be an improvement. PayPal ready.

20. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Which party constantly says that the voters for the other major party are too stupid to realize they are voting against their own best interest and that they are brainwashed by a major cable news network?