1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Disney+ TV] Star Wars: Andor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, May 26, 2022.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I don't think Palpatine will be at the table, so no sith.
    It will have one of his main advisors though who is force sensitive and will probably be super interesting.
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sly_Moore

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Just wanted to say the Reckoning episode was great. The tension of the Blues and the music they played during the climax was really on point.

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Same, I think I tried twice, then sat down and said "no distractions, you're watching this" and watched the first 2 b2b.

Then did the same with 3 & 4 today, they're really good. It definitely picks up, Stellan Skarsgard is a boss.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Would you recommend this Star Wars show and/or another one?

5. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

This and Mandalorian are fantastic. BoBF and Obi-Wan Kenobi I liked, but not as much. Visions is an anime take on Star Wars that is just one shots.

KingCheetah and Yung-T like this.
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yep all of those, plus the Bad Batch and Clone Wars (Rebels I was not liking that much in comparison).

Mandalorian and Andor definitely stand out from writing and budget perspective when it comes to the non-animated shows.

KingCheetah likes this.
  7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Felt the same way, it's really giving you that on the groundswell that turns into the rebellion. I'm enjoying the more serious approach and grounded approach...

8. Buck Turgidson

Yes, I would recommend this show and/or another one.

KingCheetah likes this.
  9. Beezy

Beezy Member

Damn, this is really good. Definitely watch until the end of the 3rd episode before giving up on it.

It's crazy how much better it looks than the other Star Wars shows, with the real sets being used. The acting is on point too.

don grahamleone and Yung-T like this.
  10. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been very pleasantly surprised so far. Everything feels very well thought out and put together, especially compared to some of the sloppiness of the Obi-Wan show. Skaargard, Luna and really the entire cast are great so far. Plus we got a waif sighting (GoT fans will know)! I couldn't remember where I had seen her before until my wife walked by and mentioned it. She has such a continuous angry face, but that works perfect for someone that's been living in fear of her oppressors but also working against them for a long period.

I also really appreciate that the show seems to be giving dimension to everyone, even the villains. I'm excited for where it goes and I already have a lot more faith in Tony Gilroy than I do Kathleen Kennedy. If this finishes as solidly as it has started, they need to hand the reins of the Star Wars universe over to him.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

These episodes keep getting better and better. Best one yet!

I imagine as they get to the 12th episode, I'm going to be blown away like I was by Rogue One. I think I am already. That was tense like Game of Thrones: The Long Night.

Beezy likes this.
  12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Don't forget that there will be a second season with 12 episodes as well. :cool:

don grahamleone likes this.
  13. Beezy

Beezy Member

Latest episode was an absolute banger.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

cassian ded

15. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man, what a great series this has been. I almost didn't bother watching because on paper a story about the pilot dude from Rogue One just didn't sound that appealing. But then I remembered that on paper the Rogue One movie didn't sound that great either and it is one of the best (if not THE best) of the newer Star Wars movies. So I gave it a shot and I'm so glad I did.

mikol13 likes this.
  16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Feel like that's a better recipe atm, no focus on already known heroes or characters, so they gotta excel with writing instead of cheap gimmicks or playing with emotions of fans.

This way Disney is forced to actually come up with a deep and coherent story and can't just lazy ass it with known characters or throwing in a funny robot.

mikol13 likes this.
  17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Btw the new animated show Tales of the Jedi was released in full yesterday (six ~15-18min episodes) and is amazing, includes Ahsoka, Dooku, Qui-Gon and Yaddle.
    Especially the Dooku part really shows better why he left the Jedi, which wasn't shown well in episode 2.

mikol13 likes this.
  18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

This series has been consistently impressive, really has a different feel than most of SW stuff outside of Rogue One which I really enjoyed.

Its probably the first time I've seen the empire shown as menacing and threatening.....

Yung-T likes this.
  19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

The Empire in this show is basically the CCP.

The whole prison concept was very well done. Will be interesting to see how he gets out.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Lucas has stated the Empire is actually based on a mix of Nazi Germany (treatment of minorities, slave labour, war, one man's rise to power etc) and Nixon (subverting the senate and starting the Vietnam war).