1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Commodore a GOP Propaganda Bot?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Xerobull, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Similar to mainstream media, the left has more voices here and think their opinions and morals are more righteous than those on the right. I think both sides here recite the media talking points and need a bit more self awareness to realize that they do. Not that these media driven talking points are necessarily a bad thing, because it drives the discussion.

Overall, this place is a cess pool but we are entertained.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

The moralizing is definitely a leftwing problem. It's extremely odd because that used to be the exclusive province of the right. Sometime in the last 15 years that flipped and now all the holier than thou judgey preachy types are all liberals.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I reread your post and was thrown off as it looks like you initially put the period in the wrong spot. As far as the dogpiling, yes there is dog piling at times wont't deny that but even if people get dog piled on what matters is still the substance of the post. As @Rileydog mentioned above there are several incidences of a poster posting something that is shown to be substantially wrong yet continues to persist in posting that. Is multiple posters point out that is wrong a dog pile?

For that matter there is frequently where a "conservative" poster will make a post and then other "conservatives" will rally to their defense is that then a reverse dog pile?

Sweet Lou 4 2, Nook and Andre0087 like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

hmm interesting. I personally don't see it. The conservative right is still the moral high horse king. I mean they they are accusing teachers of being pedophiles now for disagreeing with them.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  5. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

If there is etiquette to tag all posters mentioned, then my bad. I haven’t seen that or observed that myself. I have tagged and replied to plenty of folks that I put in the “sea of stupid”, particularly Salvy, Raining Threes, the General thade and his numerous personas, etc. Whether I do so in a given moment is probably haphazard and random. But since you are bothered by me not tagging you, I promise I will tag you whenever I mention you.

I will note that it is entirely possible that I placed you in the sea of stupid erroneously.

My memory isn’t perfect and is sometimes bad, but I thought that I had seen Project Veritas/q anon level stuff from you. If not, I gladly retract and say my bad. Salvy and raining threes were clear in my mind. You less so.

If I’m in error, I get that you wouldn’t want to be lumped in with those two dipsh-ts, so I’ll assume I’m off and say my bad. Perhaps I have you confused with someone else.

(edit - I think I did get you confused with someone else. I looked back briefly and saw that our only interaction in days/weeks was me liking your post about Dusty baker being an idiot, with which I wholly agree. So yeah, my bad).

#85 Rileydog, Sep 28, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    King1 likes this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I'm curious. How do you see that with the posters who moralize that life begins at conception so there should be no abortion exceptions for rape and incest, that "the Left" is abusing children by making them wear masks, or that "the Left" is tolerating or even encouraging pedophilia?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

The left is now the blue bloods, especially after the tech boom. The majority of exclusive schools and the majority of the brightest students are from the left. Exclusivity used to be based purely on social construct and family money at places like Yale, Harvard and Princeton and Stanford. That is no longer the case. If you look at the Obama administration it is an excellent example of that. You have people from diverse backgrounds hand picked for upper crust social status. Someone like Barrack Obama would never have been able to break into that group years ago, now he not only is in that group, but he is at the forefront and helping others.

The arrogance once reserved for the wealthy, white men from families like the Bush's and Kennedy's are now held by the super intellectual and hand chosen.

Further, because of student loans, and a push in the 1990's for a strong college educated populous, we now have a split amongst white people. There are the well educated whites in the suburbs and cities that see the world one way and there are the blue collar whites that are in more rural areas that cannot in anyway associate with the well educated whites. Couple that with society in the West recognizing the patriarchy, and that white men have had an enormous advantage, has left poor and rural whites behind as women, blacks, Hispanics and other traditionally marginalized groups like LGBTQ+ become the priority.

While I agree with the left on a number of social issues, we are seeing the very establishment start to shift to the left. Even on issues of labor it isn't so simple. A lot of blue collar voters do not like the Democrats position on immigration because they believe that it causes competition for their jobs. A lot of lower income and some immigrant voters do not like the far side of the left concerned over gender pronouns or redefining women. They think their pay and safety is more important. They view the party as catering to a very small number of LGBTQ+ people but ignoring decaying towns and huge numbers of diabetics and other issues.

We are even seeing some fracturing in traditional voting blocs for the Democrats, like black voters and Hispanic voters. I think that this split will only get worse. A lot of black and Hispanics are in that lower to mid middle class and their concerns are not in line with what the Democratic party is becoming. As rights increase, and as we see the influence of the white male patriarchy fade, sticking to the Democratic party because of civil rights issues becomes less of an issue. Especially with the number of bi-racial children coming of age.

That isn't to say that the Democrats are doomed. They are doing well with a lot of women and they are picking up affluent white and minority voters that align with their social agenda. Also, economically the Democrats are in some ways far more sophisticated than Republicans that are falling back on older and in some ways discredited economic beliefs like tariffs, etc.

Rileydog likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

The "Right" is guilty of moralizing. It all comes down to which brand you prefer. I have heard some people say for example that "DeSantis is on the side of freedom", well not really. Yeah you don't have to wear a mask and he opened things up quicker, but he is also stringently controlling the school curriculum, he is hiring and firing as he pleases and he had teachers afraid to have pictures of their children or spouses on their desk. He doesn't believe a woman should be able to have an abortion and he also doesn't really protect the old in his state well.

Sometimes morals or freedoms clash and you have to pick which type you prefer.

Rileydog and rocketsjudoka like this.
  9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Interesting enough I'm actually defending DeSantis in another thread regarding his disaster response but yes it's moralizing how it's all about freedom when he is limiting the ability of private businesses and individuals to act in their own interests certainly isn't freedom.

Rileydog and Nook like this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nah, he just loves defending his party, regardless of how it's spit on democracy and truth. This Russia loving right winger is the real GOP propaganda bot....

11. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Here is my general experience.

Disagree with a conservative? You're more likely to get called stupid, weak, etc.

Disagree with a liberal? You're more likely to get called evil (this includes racist, misogynist, transphobe, etc.)

I don't think I'm alone in this take either.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-preachy-judgmental-focused-culture-wars.html

JumpMan, AroundTheWorld, Nook and 2 others like this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think this is something. A lot of the harassment conservative get is because many post obvious falsehoods and stick to it despite being proven it was false. Unfortunately that spreads across some of them that had nothing to do with it at times.

I don't think conservatives are victims on this BBS. That said, we could all be more civil to one another. As much as I find commodore to have an agenda, I think having threads calling out posters is distasteful.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

Hmm what about unAmerican? Or pedophile? Or Muslim terrorist sympathizer? Or raghead? Or pinko commies? Or soy boy cucks? Or welfare queens? Or thugs? Or how about Feminazi? Heretics? Devil worshipers? Satanists? Gay child groomers?

#93 fchowd0311, Sep 28, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    rocketsjudoka and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I've had a conservative say I was on the side of "evil" but what about being called a pedophile or a groomer?

Yes liberals can be preachy and throw out the race and misogyny card but is that worse than being accused of being a pedophile or groomer?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I agree. THis view that Conservatives are victims of liberal dogpiling is somewhat overblown given that they also appear to fight back. More than that though it's also ironic given how often they talk about being tough, being a man etc.

16. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Again, "more likely". I was speaking in generalities/percentages. Not implying there are no moralizers on the right.

The distinction of what constitutes "moralizing" is fuzzy, but the way I see it the line is somewhere between when you go from "you are wrong" to "you are irredeemably horrible and I will not associate with you".

I get a lot more liberals reflecting the latter at me than the former.

Nook likes this.
  17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Which conservatives are claiming to be victims here? I did skip a page of this thread and missed some posts.

Salvy likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

I think we are disagreeing with you in regards to "more likely"

19. fchowd0311

You can see the motivations of why the extremes of both sides coalesce towards particular candidates and why. The right coalesces behind Trump because they tell us that they have been insulted online and by the media too long and therefore will support someone who does nothing besides trash their opponents. That's their motivation to chose Trump. The motivation to vote for Bernie regardless of how naive people think his policy desires are is based on policy desires not Bernie "owning the right".

I would say Fetterman is the most "Trump" like left leaning candidate as I see some liberals liking him because of his "owning the right" nature. I hope that sentiment doesn't become the standard for why the left votes for who they vote for.

Sweet Lou 4 2 and rocketsjudoka like this.
  20. LondonCalling

LondonCalling Member

Roe is over. Prison sentences are on the way.
    Women are being incarcerated for their family planning decisions, and the floodgates on new punishments are about to open.