1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Commodore a GOP Propaganda Bot?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Xerobull, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

I've gone woke, rings of power and she hulk have changed my mind about everything....

tinman likes this.
  2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

It is all that by people who aren't Democrats or similar that gets clowned on. When it is done by the majority tribe, it is perfectly acceptable. People posting that Kyle Rittenhouse is a murderer or Brianna Taylor was killed in her bed for being black is cheered on. There is no reason to pretend that the board is totally rational with the exception of a few right wing trolls. There is just more support for the Dems.
    I've seen every episode of both so far. RoP is fine as a generic fantasy show. It is gorgeous and the acting is mostly fine (outside of Galadriel - who my friend says has three facial expressions: disdainful, disgusted, and I want to speak to your manager). As long as you don't worry about the connection to the Tolkien books (which this has no power to change), you can easily enjoy it for what it is. She-Hulk has been okay, but would be better if the writers didn't so obviously hate men. I couldn't imagine Disney putting out a show that was this toxic toward women. It definitely has a bitter feminist tumblr vibe.

JumpMan, rocketsjudoka and tinman like this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you saying that the only totally rational are a few right wing trolls here?
    Liked for the bolded. I hadn't thought about her acting that way but that is on point.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

ha, the amount of trolling, fake behavior, disinformation, and hypocrisy from the Dems on here pales in comparison to the handful of right wing posters

a group of 80% trolls wondering why there’s so much clowning on here…I mean, c’mon…

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Claims of Rittenhouse being a murderer and Brianna Taylor being murdered because she's black aren't troll sentiments. They are just strong opinions, possibly premature opinions, but not bad faith opinions.

I personally believe from my biased observation that the right wing in general engaged in trollism bad faith arguments and behavior and most of their modern politics is centered around combating the left rather than pushing policy positions.

I think this can be seen by the extreme elements and who they vote for.

The right wants Trump. Why? Many conservatives and right wingers have explicitly stated it themselves: They believe their ideas, culture etc are made fun of by the liberal media and want someone who punches back. Their feelings are hurt and want an attack dog.

The left for the past couple of election cycles want Bernie. You can make fun of how naive you think their policy desires are or how misguided they are but they are not based in a hatred of other people, besides the billionaire class. They aren't voting for Bernie because he "owns" conservatives. They want him because of his policy desires.

It's a two completely different motivations for why each extreme chooses who they want to vote for.

mdrowe00 and Rileydog like this.
  6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Your opinion of me is about as valuable as your Rockets takes

7. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Speaking for myself, I struggle to identify many thoughtful posters who are today Republican (the “today” is short form to exclude people who are either moderate, right leaning and/or previously Republican but do not support the current Republican Party leadership, like me or Bobrek for example).

I’ve had normal and nuanced discussion with you and @StupidMoniker. I might be missing someone, but I think that’s it. I learn from those discussions and enjoy them. And it’s totally fine to disagree. I wish there were more. I’d include

Beyond that, it is a sea of stupid …

Salvy, Raining Threes and King1 are the worst I think. I’m guessing there are a couple more but my memory of names stinks. I don’t fault anyone for their opinions or beliefs, them included. It is the open disdain for basic facts, or even the concept of factual discussion that I find to be extraordinary. I literally have never met people this dumb in my life (perhaps I’m just lucky).

Example - I can’t recall which of those idiots was recently citing Project Veritas as evidentiary support for something. Then when someone (I think Nook) goes to the trouble of posting actual information, articles and authorities showing how the Project Veritas item cited was debunked as total fraud, the idiot either ignores it and continues to cite it as gospel, or does the equivalent of sticking his fingers in his ears like a 2 year old.

Basso recently posted a 10 minute video compilation that supposedly showed Biden saying the 2016 election was stolen, and I watched the whole damn thing and of course it wasn’t there (I was pretty sure, but I figured I’d watch it to learn something).
    Basso does post some interesting stuff on the Ukraine situation, so I won’t lump him in with the idiots above.

Lastly, about Commodore - I actually thanked him for posting what he does because I don’t frequent right wing echo chamber/loony bin sites, and I learn from his posts. I don’t learn much by way of facts, but I do get a glimpse of the level of nonsense that bounces around those places.

#67 Rileydog, Sep 27, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    Yung-T and Andre0087 like this.
  8. Salvy

Salvy Member

Lmao, Lib tards aren't clowning anyone... I don't take any of them serious... They think they clowning but this is all I see...

[​IMG]

9. StupidMoniker

The only totally rational one is me. ;) There are plenty of reasonably rational people on both sides of most arguments. My point was that there is not a bipartisan attack on stupidity and irrationality, the dogpiling is reserved for those that don't go along with the Dem narrative.
    Unfortunately, I cannot be part of your list, as I am also not a current Republican (and haven't been for more than a decade), I am a libertarian.

Rileydog likes this.
  10. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

That might be the most racist and ignorant post ever if it didn't come from a poor dreamer who is only here because of the kindness of MY COUNTRY. LOL. Mostly though, I feel sorry for you.

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Ok....

thegary likes this.
  12. LondonCalling

LondonCalling Member

There are posters here I assume are conservative I respect. Off the top of my head, I'd assume JuanValdez, Kim, bobrek and BuckTurgidson are more conservative leaning, at least pre-Trump if not pre-Bush/Cheney. There are others in the early 2000s, whose names I forget I thought were sincere and presented themselves with some solid takes like Refman.

I believe StupidMoniker is a libertarian lawyer for the people of California if memory serves correctly. His hot takes are wanting to repeal the Civil Rights Act, that the Civil War could have been avoided if the North would just allow slavery to persist for a few more decades until the Industrialization proved more efficient than slave labor and thinks everything should be paid via tolls instead of taxes if memory serves correctly. I can trust he sincerely believes what he posts. I do not agree with many of his positions, but do believe his takes are his alone and not from a Twitter bot.

13. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

yeah, I knew that and forgot. But my point about having nuanced discussion with you stands.

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Don't insult @Salvy parents they are the special ones because only they can enter into the US illegally bc they were impacted by a special war. The immigrants nowadays could b criminals and we need more laws to decide who we let in. /S

Andre0087 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. StupidMoniker

You do.
    I would also accept the court finding it unconstitutional as applied to private entities.
    Or if the union allowed the CSA to have whatever laws they chose, whether or not that resulted in decades of slavery, because there was nothing in the Constitution that said a state could not secede. Self-determination should be the default.
    I use the term use fees vs tolls, as tolls generally connote roads and bridges, where I am talking about that in addition to things like parks, parking, libraries, schools, courts, etc. The military should be paid for with tariffs. Fines for illegal activity would also be a source of income, providing the bulk of police funding.

16. King1

@Rileydog next time tag me, coward.

That said, I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you could recognize a sea of stupid as you witness it anytime your family gets together

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Love that this thread about a member, who rarely starts beef or even responded, turn into a beef among other members.

Andre0087 and King1 like this.
  18. King1

I don't have beef with @Rileydog. I honestly don't know who he is but apparently I hurt his feelings. I just think it's beyond weak to talk trash and not tag the posters. You don't have to do it every time but at least once.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

My take is that if you've replied in the thread, then @ you isn't necessary.

It's different if someone's calling you out left field from a different thread.

Not singling you out though. Plenty of beef stew going on in a thread about @Commodore

King1 likes this.
  20. King1

That's reasonable but I don't read every post in every thread (I'm sure nobody does). That was his first comment towards me as well. Had we been engaged in a conversation before then I would understand that perspective more. Also, like I said, I have absolutely no clue who he is.

No worries. I didn't feel like you were singling me out at all

Invisible Fan likes this.