1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fainting - happen to anyone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JayZ750, Sep 25, 2022.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have had episodes like this and come to find out it was afib, I never actually went out but the sweating and naseua ring a bell.

Also, the heat could be a factor.

Do you have any heart conditions or high blood pressure?

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

my heart and bp is usually solid. i have never had a high pulse though... my pulse has always been very "calm" - like resting pulse 55 to 60...

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

93693087-BAA3-4252-82E0-599E4425344B.gif

LondonCalling and Deckard like this.
  4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I get light headed and have passed out a few times from standing up too fast after lying down or sitting for a while. I think they call it postural hypotension. It's way more pronounced if I drink or smoke though. That being said, doesn't weed have a shelf life of like 6-12 months?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If you ignore the waking up part, now you know what dying feels like

That's pretty neat?

I fainted from standing up too fast once. I wouldn't have known what happened, I woke up on the floor in the living room (carpet luckily) feeling super refreshed and a little confused on why I fell asleep on the floor. I went to the bathroom and when I looked in the mirror and saw a gash on my forehead. I started thinking and it started coming back to me. I traced my steps, stood up from the couch, projected my body as if I fell straight forward, my gash linked up perfectly with a jewelry box on a shelf in front of me, and then I apparently bounced off that and fell straight backward in a likely hilarious cartoonish fashion to end up where I woke, my legs had to be stiff the whole time.

#25 ThatBoyNick, Sep 26, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

this is why the dare officer from my social studies class said drugs are bad

Invisible Fan likes this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

AFIB is not high blood pressure or high pulse, it's a misfire.

I could be totally wrong and it could be a one-off, but better safe than sorry.

The heart's upper chambers (atria) beat out of coordination with the lower chambers (ventricles).
    This condition may have no symptoms, but when symptoms do appear they include palpitations, shortness of breath, and fatigue.
    Treatments include drugs, electrical shock (cardioversion), and minimally invasive surgery (ablation).

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

The whole mg stuff is usually bs, don't buy into any of the stuff on packages that claim some 100mg+ etc per dose. The redflags are usually the ones advertising some silly high amount per dose/package.

This goes back to the Dr on regulation, some of these rec shops will just sell whatever since it's still a grey area even in legal states. I'm not saying they're all lying but I know friends who buy/use edibles in a legal state that they live in and it seems to come down to other factors (strain etc and many other things seem to play a more important role). We can thank it being a schedule 1 for the lack of good research/info in the US.

Obviously this isn't always the case but I think you're more likely to see the ones with a high mg count not work as expected.

Your approach is ideal though, take the smallest amount possible, wait a few hours etc., and then take a little more if no results. Also, once you find the one with the results you want (if it's a legit company/place) you will continue to get the same results (maybe taking more over time if you use it a lot, but it's not going to suddenly change after each purchase).

Lastly, if you do smoke again... don't smoke stuff that's old (6 months-1 year max). And only a year if stored perfectly. While it's not likely to cause you to be super ill, mold from it can make you feel sick and it will also lose how strong it is, the older it is.

I hope you feel better! I don't use mj but have discussed it with friends/family in the past. I think it's a good thing for some, especially if they're in chronic pain or have some other medical condition that it helps with.

#28 CCity Zero, Sep 27, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
  9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Thank you, will make a cardio appointment.

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Generally when your BP drops, your pulse rockets up because your heart is facing less resistance and goes wild, at least in the short term.

"Racing pulse" is a common side effect for a number of blood pressure medications.

11. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Old weed is higher in CBN, a cannabinoid similar to CBD, and can be useful for certain medical conditions.

CCity Zero likes this.
  12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, good point too, I think CBN is pretty interesting on the potential for helping different conditions. My time frame of 6 months - year (above) was more on if mold forms, obviously if it's not moldy, can probably use some really old stuff. I was definitely a bit too strict on my timeframe.

jiggyfly and FrontRunner like this.
  13. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

You brought up a really good point. Mold is definitely not something to mess with.

You're right about the MGs varying greatly in edibles too, at least in my experience. And the places making this stuff...

I'm not sure what the answer is at this point.

CCity Zero likes this.
  14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

"Kids, don't do drugs."

FrontRunner likes this.
  15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I've felt fainting and confusion when I've done extreme dieting.

16. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Just once -- in the delivery room for my first born. It was a bad scene, man, with foreceps, vacuums, etc. Still gives me the heeby-jeebies just thinking about it.

CCity Zero likes this.
  17. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

[​IMG]
    "40 years I have had to ask permission to take a piss...

18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I've never fully fainted but have had a coughing spell where the room started to go red and I knew I was close to fainting. Really scary when driving. Anyone have any experience with that?

#38 VooDooPope, Sep 28, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    jiggyfly likes this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have, but never driving that **** would be scary.

CCity Zero and VooDooPope like this.
  20. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

In all seriousness, I have had muscles pulsating which I don't know if that is a good thing or normal or not but it doesn't cause any pain. This past summer, I was dealing with side effects of antidepressants and kept feeling my neurons and/or nerves firing. That really sucked but thankfully that went away. However, I read that nerves firing is a symptom of anxiety issues.

Xerobull likes this.