1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Orioles

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

Can we bring Meyers up for the playoffs? I assume not

marks0223 likes this.
  2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Astros could. Meyers is on the 40 man roster. The roster can be changed each round of the playoffs or due to injury (player can be replaced, but cannot comeback that series).

Yordan The Great likes this.
  3. CinematicFusion

Question would also be ….how is his throwing arm?

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Lol… I don’t listen to the CF reactions to judge how good (or not good) the pitchers are.

Framber has had ace-like stuff since 2020. And has continued to get more consistent year after year. People still forget that Garcia went straight from A ball to the majors. He’s got a pennant clinching epic game already under his belt. He’s probably the odd man out this year but has all the tools (and body type) to get better and be an upper echelon starter.

I agree that offense tends to carry teams during the regular season… and its rarer for pitching to carry a team like it did this year’s Astros (and the 2005 Astros). But I’ve seen dominant offenses go silent in the playoffs way too often. Of course, if they played 162 playoff games, it would all even out…

5. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

I'm starting to think Click will add Meyers to the Postseason roster and leave Dubon off. We know Click is a Meyers fan. Need to get Meyers on the ML roster and start a few games before the season is over.

Stephen66 likes this.
  6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I suppose, at least part of it, depends on your personality.

When the team is down, under performing, whatever, I get worked up a bit. I want it fixed yesterday. I want to see what others think is wrong with the team and debate how to weigh things. At the the same, I joke a lot and insert a lot of sarcasm.

When the team is playing well and/or to their potential, I like to kick back and relax. Enjoy the moment. I don't feel as reactive as when were are going badly. I don't have much to vent about. In addition, I am just not much of a cheerleader. Thus, I just don't have as much to post about.

7. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

The team can choose any 26 players off of the 40 man roster that were on the 40 man as of Sept 1st. and in the organization prior to the trade deadline to be on the playoff roster.

There is a 13 pitcher limit for the playoff roster but no minimum.

If the team has a player/players on the 60 day IL and eligible to return ( on 60+ days) then the team can ask the commissioner for a waiver allowing a player in the organization prior to the trade deadline but mot on the 40 man before Sept 1st as a replacement.

This is how Hunter Brown could be selected.

No Worries and Wulaw Horn like this.
  8. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

No. I know it was. I just found it amusing that’s all. Wasn’t accusing thr media of anything.

9. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

Just noticed Springer only has 23 HRs

Squirtle and Tomstro like this.
  10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

LIke I said…. Human nature to b**** and complain more than extol and show gratitude!

11. Willy92683

Willy92683 Member

Yankees lose.... magic number reduced to 2 now.

12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I think he’s missed some time

Stephen66 and Rock Block like this.
  13. Qan

Qan Member

Let's get it done tomorrow, so everyone can chill and wait.

Springer will help the Astros out.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They still need to lock up the 2nd best record in MLB. The magic number for that is 4 for both the Mets and Braves. Luckily they play each other late this week in a 3-game series.

J_Hunter_1977 and Wulaw Horn like this.
  15. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

He’s played in 127 of their 154 games this year

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Don't explain yourself. It's not like you burned anything in effigy. The gotcha of that person's post wasn't as devastating as he probably thought it was. b****ing about sports is a national birthright.

Tomstro likes this.
  17. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Don’t forget about the Mets and Braves. They’re 4-5 games behind us and I’d like to have home field if we’re fortunate enough to get to the WS.

18. Qan

Qan Member

I don't even care for home field in WS. It hasn't done sht for the Astros the last few WS they've been in. Been nothing but disappointments. The only time they won a WS was when they didn't have home field.

Stephen66 likes this.
  19. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I guess he is a little behind his normal pace after all.

Rock Block likes this.
  20. Yordan The Great

Quick, what is the home run average per season for George Springer?

And yes I removed the covid shortened season when doing the calculation.

As epic as some of his bombs have been, he's just not a consistent a home run hitter as he could be, and I think it's because he's always trying to hit a home run. If that dude ever settled for just making solid contact, he'd be a special hitter.

Stephen66 likes this.