1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My mom knows famous people...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 25, 2006.

1. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I have fathered lots of kids with Lana Rhoads and Larsa Pippen has been stalking me.

Xerobull likes this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

...gross

Pretty interesting how our concept of famous has changed....or rather, the mediums from which people can get famous.

jiggyfly and Manny Ramirez like this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just realized this thread was from 2006. I hope the post Iliked for the poster who was friends with Willie Nelson is still on this forum.

4. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

With these Necro Bump threads sad seeing a lot of names that dont' post here anymore.

As a politics nerd I've met several Minnesota politicians including Jesse Ventura, Amy Klobuchar, and Paul Wellstone a few months before he died. At the time I had invited both Paul Wellstone and Jesse Ventura to visit U of MN Judo, not at the same time. Jesse said he wasn't going to do it and at that point was out of office and spending most of his time in Mexico. Wellstone said he liked Judo but had hurt his back so wouldn't work out. He did say he would come and visit. I don't know if he was serious and never found out because he was dead not too long after that conversation.

Playing Irish music I've met and more importantly drank, with several Irish musicians. The guy some might recognize is Pat Murphy the lead singer of Gaelic Storm who I hung with out several times and he's even looked for me a few times when they've played in MN. My band also technically opened fo Flogging Molly back in 2017. We were way down on the bill and not even on the same stage that they played at. Unfortunately I didn't get to meet any of the members but heard that some of them were in the audience when we played.

My best rock star story was in 2013 I got to go to an afterparty following a Gogol Bordello show in Minneapolis. The party was at a bar near First Ave (The nightclub in Purple Rain). I got to talk to some of the members including lead singer Eugene Hutz. They all seemed like good guys and very down to earth. That is until a waiter walked by with some food and Eugene Hutz just reached out and grabbed some of the food and started eating it even though it wasn't going to them. I thought, "Oh yeah you are Rock Stars".

Some other people I've met that most might know is met Garrison Keilor after a Prairie Home Companion show. The main impression I had was that he was a really big guy but very out of shape. I remember shaking his hand it is was like squeezing a marshmallow.

Shared a bottle of Kristol with Josh Hartnett. It was the night of the 2004 election and I had volunteered with an Asian American GOTV group so got to go to the MN Democrats election party. Someone told me Josh Hartnett was behind me so I turned around and said hello. He had a bottle of Kristol and asked me if I would like to drink it with him so I did.

In Houston one of my early guitar teachers was Billy Gibbon's guitar teacher. Houston related in 2018 after game three of Rockets Timberwolves at a bar accross the street from the Target Center I met former Rocket and T-Wolves color commentator Jim Petersen. He had walked into the bar and was shaking hands and making small talk with everyone he encountered. When he came to me he shook my hand but then saw I had a Rocket's Jersey on. He said "Rockets?! Really" and then moved on. I yelled at him "What no love for the team that drafted you?"

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Hung out with Matisyahu a few weeks ago after his show in Spring.

Pre-concert Jameson shots with Reverend Horton Heat (friend's cousin was their drummer pre-COVID).

One of my friends went to UCONN with former Celtic/Laker Travis Knight. Hung out at his house on Lake Conroe a couple of times years ago.

That's about it.

jiggyfly, FrontRunner and Nook like this.
  6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

ive been getting into irish music since i went back in june. have you heard of joe burke or joe cooley? ive gotten into both these guys a bit.

i stayed at an airbnb in dublin and the first morning i woke up my host was in the kitchen with a friend of his. he introduced us and after chatting for a bit said "she has a famous sibling". i jokingly asked "oh, are you bonos sister" and she laughed and said "no, but hes a friend". my host said she was enyas sister. i did not know this, but their father was a really famous irish bandleader and enyas siblings have a band thats actually more famous than her in ireland. she is obviously more famous internationally, but i get the impression she is seen as the black sheep of the family b/c she broke away from the family band.

Deckard likes this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I've heard of those guys but the music I play is on the other end of the spectrum from those for Irish music. The music we play is called "Celtic Punk" and the band we're most similar to is Dropkick Murphys.

jo mama likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

I am afraid that Lana may be cheating on you brah.

I don't want to get to graphic but I am pretty sure I saw the New York Knicks rail her anus.

9. Buck Turgidson

Does she know a lot of Santas?

Xerobull likes this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I love the intense look of the crowd listening to Joe Burke, his wife Anne, and Michael Cooney, the faces of many of them as they begin to break into smiles and grins. Fantastic music. Great story about your stay in Dublin. I'm jealous.

jo mama likes this.
  11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I went bowling with this lady named Stephanie Beecham who was visiting my uncle from Australia. Apparently she was on that show Dynasty. I’m basically a celebrity :p

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You all know someone famous.