1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Identifying the Rockets core

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 9, 2022.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Excited about Garuba and Gary Bird

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Garuba is definitely the forgotten man from last year's draft haul. It was extremely unfortunate for us and him that his injury kept him from valuable PT (whether here or at RGV) but he has shown flashes of why he was so highly touted as a swiss army knife of sorts coming out of Spain.

Hope he can come in and show us how to add grit to our defense and provide a bit of spot up shooting from the corner ala PJ from year's past. Obviously not on the same level but hopefully at some point....

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

4. verysimplejason

I just hope that he'll develop more his jump shot and 3pt shot and use less those dunks. He'll have a better and longer career that way. He can also conserve some of his energy for defense as he got a potential to be an excellent defender. Dunks and drives are good but makes you more prone to injuries especially for smaller guys like Green (compared to forwards/centers).

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. i3artow i3aller

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

and Sengun
    and Tari
    @Clutch

burlesk likes this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Shocker, Aruba likes Garuba

Believe It!, Easy, maj21 and 2 others like this.
  8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Core = Green and Smith

That's it. Everyone else is expendable to get that 3rd star if a deal comes up.

MultipleSauces likes this.
  9. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Remember we can;t forget that SENGUN will be playing more mins this upcoming season.
    Last season he scored only 9.6 point/ 30.19 mins/game, so we are hoping foran improvement
    this season.
    Rockets core players are :-
    PORTER
    GREEN
    EASON
    SMITH
    CHRISTOPHER
    SENGUN

MultipleSauces likes this.
  10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Sengun played 20 min a game last season. Not 30

Corrosion likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

True, if he stops reaching and getting all those cheap fouls called on him.

DD

12. maj21

maj21 Member

Yeah idk where 30 min per game is coming from lol. I’m expecting 13/9/4 from Sengun this season. That’s pretty good for him imo

13. DaDakota

Right now....Jalen and Jabari - but honestly, if you take a step back.

NO ONE has secured a core position yet.....not a single one, we have promising players, but we don't have a DUDE yet.

DD

Corrosion and maj21 like this.
  14. maj21

maj21 Member

I agree! I still don’t think we have a true superstar type on our team yet. I think Jalen is similar to Zach LaVine who has averaged 28 ppg, but still isn’t considered a superstar. We’re definitely way ahead of schedule in this rebuild, so I’m happy

15. i3artow i3aller

:confused::rolleyes:

This another of DD's alts?

King1 likes this.
  16. DaDakota

I have no alts......other than " i3artow i3aller " I am just pretending to call out others so they don't suspect it.

BB

17. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Of course. He spends all day on the internet and half of it likely talking to himself

18. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Yep, a defensive rotation with him, Jabari, Tari and Jae'Sean could be deadly.

19. hakeemthagreat

There is no guarantee Sengun will be playing anything if he doesn't defend better. Also his rebounding needs improvement as a bigman

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I gotta agree with you for once ..... none of these dudes have proven that they are part of the future success of the franchise.

Even Green, as well as he scored down the stretch last season, they lost 8 of 10 and those two wins came against a Portland team that suited up a squad that wouldn't win a game at your local YMCA.

Great, he scored 30 and they lost those 8 games by (68) an average of 8.5 ..... Yes, that was an improvement on earlier on the season but there's a long way to go for him & this team.

Now what sucks is either Stone hits at least two stars out this three year window of draft picks starting with Green last year and ending with next years draft picks ..... or we spend the next 3 years making the Thunder a dynasty because of the "I know what we need to do" trade.

Easy likes this.