1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New York State AG Leticia James has filed a civil fraud lawsuit against Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by No Worries, Sep 21, 2022.

1. LondonCalling

LondonCalling Member

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have no animosity debating you on controversial issues like the role of government and free speech but being a Yankee fan on a HOUSTON SPORTS BOARD calls out for the highest level of scorn and approbation!:mad::rolleyes:;)

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We know exactly the types of classified documents.

SCI doesn't happen to "Christmas cards".

There have already been links posted that explain what types documents get SCI classification.

It is by definition items that relate to national security that would be compromised if seen by someone without clearance. Christmas cards, magazines, personal correspondence, newspaper clippings, and scrapbooks don't fall into that category.

We know for a fact Trump had those documents.

There is no "if" about either of those things.

Andre0087, mdrowe00 and deb4rockets like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

well . . .

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

First...why do you say the documents are outdated? The TS DoD project I was involved with was years long. The documents were never "outdated" until the project was complete and "released" and even then the documents weren't "outdated" to a nefarious entity. Anyone having access to that project Day 1 or Day 3000 would have had insight into a TS project.

Second....Trump possessing these document means they are out of the control of who SHOULD have them and Trump could conceivably show them or sell or give them to entities that aren't entitled to them. How people cannot see that is remarkable.

6. lpbman

lpbman Member

I don't know who you are corresponding with, but I'm pretty sure they fall under 3 categories.

Idiot: Finds facts to fit want they want to believe, cannot tell a good argument from a poor one, etc...

A$$hole: Knows own arguments are false, but receive some personal benefit from MAGA world.... "owning the libs" counts as benefit for most of these people.

Troll: Doesn't care what is true, just wants to disrupt and dissuade the adults in the room from speaking amongst themselves by flinging bs garbage into every conversation.

There is significant overlap between the three I'm sure.

I don't know why you continue to engage. There were conservatives to have arguments with in the before times... people who had differences of opinion on foreign/domestic/monetary policy who just saw things differently. You could have a beer and a long talk and you end up thinking you aren't so far apart and the two of you could find compromise.

Someone defending 45 after five plus years of stupid, outrageous, treasonous behavior... What do you have to talk about... What is you doin? Sharpening your arguments for your own satisfaction?

I don't get it.

Andre0087 likes this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'm with you on the government classifying too much. It is almost always because of embarrassing things. We know this because of what happens when they are eventually declassified.

Even still, that isn't always the case.

With SCI classification, it has specific criteria. We know the criteria. And trivial cards, clippings and scrap book stuff doesn't fit into that.

It is absolutely a stretch, shot in the dark, grasp at straws to suggest that's the case.

mdrowe00 and rocketsjudoka like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

related

Aaron Judge Could Make History Friday Night but It Won’t Be on Broadcast TV
    The Yankees slugger is chasing his 61st home run of the season in a game that will only be streamed on Apple TV+

https://www.wsj.com/articles/aaron-...on-broadcast-tv-11663955404?mod=hp_listc_pos1

excerpt:

New York Attorney General Letitia James on Friday urged Major League Baseball and Apple to play the game on the YES Network.

“History is in the making as Aaron Judge electrifies Yankees fans, and everyone who loves baseball,” Ms. James said. “To deny millions of New Yorkers, and fans around the nation, the opportunity to watch as Aaron Judge steps up to the plate, is wrong and unfair. New Yorkers paid their cable bills expecting to see live sports programming.”
    more at the link

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You see this forum as a "playground" where you amuse yourself and a handful of members who enjoy your shtick. You don't respond to serious posts. You deliberately ignore discussing what you very well know is the effort of the Republican Party, and trump, to subvert our democracy, making "jokes" about it, playing the fool. Apparently you simply don't care that women's rights are being trampled, that the GOP is actively attempting to turn our system of government into something akin to that of Hungary's.

You attitude towards what is happening, right now, in the United States is perverse. It's like you have caught the "sickness" that is allowing an extreme minority to warp our government into something unrecognizable and you simply don't care.

thegary, Andre0087 and havoc1 like this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I put those middle school bully circle jerk punks on ignore. They get off on that kind of posting.

11. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All this trolling just because you aren’t allowed to use racial slurs and other forms of hate speech without consequence.

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Trump (and a bunch of other people) knows what they are. I'm waiting for him to say they are a bunch of "classified" Christmas cards. Let it be.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I have my doubts Trump really knows what they are. He might know what some of them pertain to, but he doesn't really read or understand what he's reading especially if it's related to the operation of government.

No Worries likes this.
  14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Damn, the WSJ EB and OS never heard of Michael Cohen's testimony in Congress.

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Agree. But one thing he loves very much is personal Christmas cards and love letters. I think he got all of them memorized. It's too bad that they are all highly classified and can't be shared with the public.

Invisible Fan and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. adoo

adoo Member

but Trump has been steadfastly claiming that he had declassified all the documents, indicating that
    Orange hair knows that they're classified

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just to rub it in I have Apple TV and didn’t event watch the game.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

the good news is the Yankees won the game, I know everyone here must be pretty happy about that

fchowd0311 likes this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm all for reforming how things are classified with a goal towards more transparency. Post-9/11 left us with a sprawling spook industrial complex that seems Sisyphusean to roll over.

Trump stealing a bunch of classified boxes to the point where less than a handful of people has the authority to review them is NOT the catalyst we're looking for.

mdrowe00, rocketsjudoka and Amiga like this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

lol nevermind I just realized I said wake off in Yankee stadium which doesn't make sense.