1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you collect anything?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jiggyfly, Jul 29, 2022.

1. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I also forgot to mention that I started a little video game collection built on the games I still had from when I was a kid. I repurchased some games that I had lost over the years. I also purchased every US licensed Legend of Zelda release from every system. I didn’t bother to buy big $ copies that are sealed but tried to get the box and paper work when possible. The cool thing is I’ve played through several of them including some I had never played through on the 3DS.

DaDakota likes this.
  2. Supermac34

jiggyfly and Xerobull like this.
  3. VanityHalfBlack

panties and victoria secret catalogs.

[​IMG]

4. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

For about 15 years I collected anything Dan Marino ever signed and I had a hella man cave with his jerseys, footballs and all the little figurines and posters I could find......I was obsessed and then one day I just lost interest, that was a sad day because I invested quite a bit of time and money into it. I slowly gave away my best stuff to my brother who was a fan and sold some (which was a pain) and now I have nothing, and I am just fine with that

Jontro, clos4life, jiggyfly and 3 others like this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

The president of my new company has a complete collection of Marvel Silver age comics. Fantastic Four #1, Spider-Man #1, Avengers #1, etc.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dude, that is solid.

I have been collecting GameCubes - have about 6 of them right now...lol.

DD

Jontro, Supermac34 and ROCKSS like this.
  7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

If you ask my wife, I'm a hoarder...

I've been collecting books since I was 12, and retain nearly every book ever purchased, stolen (Abbie Hoffman's "Steal This Book"), or found in dumpsters at the end of college semesters. Thousands.

I had to frame out my attic for overflow that I rotate through my bookshelves every couple of years. Some are valuable collector's items (e.g. Easton Press, Franklin Library, etc.), some are rare & vintage (circa 1800's), and some are worthless textbooks.

I still read at least a book a week, but primarily, biographies, history, science, and other ephemera.

Other stuff I collect runs to old board games, chess sets, radios, vinyl, cd's...

Jontro, Timbro, clos4life and 4 others like this.
  8. Xerobull

In a meeting with the president of my company where he's talking about upgrading his collection from 8.0 to 9.0 copies. He was telling me about getting Avengers #1 9.0. $50k value.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Is this where he phoned you from?

[​IMG]

Jontro, clos4life and Xerobull like this.
  10. Xerobull

Nah, from his house in Massachusetts. He usually wears pretty ratty t-shirts. Real wealthy people give two ****s about other people's opinions.

11. Timbro

Timbro Member

Old board games actually sounds like a fun thing to collect(from different eras and countries).

Buck Turgidson and Rashmon like this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

i used to collect stamps and it actually grew to several albums. ok someone in my fam collected it, not me, but i get a claim to it too.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  13. Timbro

Timbro Member

My father used to(and still does) collect old ammo boxes. Used to help him while I was living back in my hometown. It's always exciting to share a hobby with your folks!

jiggyfly and Jontro like this.
  14. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Evidently, I'm collecting backpacks now from the conferences I've been going to this year since my new job in May lol.

jiggyfly, Jontro and Xerobull like this.
  15. Xerobull

When I was chatting with my company president it came out that he has a COMPLETE Marvel collection starting from Fantastic Four #1 1961, then including every other comic (not just FF) through 2012 when he decided to cap his collection.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

A tidbit. In June, James Beckett was at a card show rummaging through the bargain bins, said he was looking for Geno Smith cards, and I thought to myself what an idiot. He's gotten too old for the hobby. Well, I was wrong. Dude was smarter than me. I still don't think the Geno Smith cards will amount to anything, but the dude was onto something that nobody else would have even considered.

17. Supermac34

That is amazing.

18. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

1987 Schwinn Predator Free Form EX - currently in rebuild mode[​IMG]

1987 Schwinn Predator Free Form - Rebuilt for my daughter
    [​IMG]

1987 Schwinn Predator Free Form - Rebuilt for my younger daughter
    [​IMG]

1990 GT Aggressor - Rebuilt for me to ride[​IMG]

Jontro, Os Trigonum, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  19. Xerobull

Rad.

Blake and jiggyfly like this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

A friend of mine collects vintage BMX and it's some the craziest rare bikes you'll see outside a museum -- dozens of frames/ forks and around 15 completed setups. I'd never seen or even heard of some of them - my favorite is a weird aluminum frame with no paint can't remember the name.

jiggyfly and DFWRocket like this.