1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is even the point of Garuba?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by my time to shine, Aug 22, 2022.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

#261 D-rock, Sep 17, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
    Believe It! likes this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Y u ask? Here is your thoughts on g league.

Could b out context but if u thought that why can't this logic b applied to garuba?

Corrosion, Mathloom and fckbandwagons like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I do think the Gleague is not all that great, but in Garuba's case it is better than sitting all year on the bench.

DD

fattz likes this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Garuba should back up Sengun and should be used situationally. When we want to put the clamps on, have Jabari, Tari, Garuba in there at the same time. And maybe Bonban as well, if we are struggling with the ooposing center's size. lol

PeterKingX likes this.
  5. anchel

anchel Member

Garuba just won the Eurobasket Championship, being a key piece off the bench.
    You need guys who have experienced what it takes and what it means winning at elite level.
    At his age, he is already used to compete and winning a lot of big tournaments.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Spain wins Eurobasket. Excellent tournament for Garuba. Certainly means more to win it all than not, especially as the first big off the bench behind NBA calibre rotation players. Incredible defense in his 16 minutes as usual and 4 assists in 16 minutes.

I told y'all in April Garuba is going to be a good passer, to which one particularly stubborn poster replied there's no evidence to show he might be a good passer in the future.

Did a great Draymond impression with Hernangomez playing the Curry role. Pin point passes off movement and picks. Here's a few.

The guy's NBA future is very clear if he can get motivated off the court. I have never seen him unmotivated on the court for a single second, I don't know what some other people are pulling out of their a$$. Just needs to get fit and work on his 3pt shot.

I'm definitely less pessimistic about his future after this tournament. It was a very good way to start the summer for him, hopefully will give him and his team confidence going into training camp.

7. Mathloom

Supporting Member

France's 3 big men combined for just 14 points.

Believe It! likes this.
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Garuba really is looking like Luc Mbah a Moute. The way he impacts games without scoring is pretty impressive.

9. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

Juancho Hernangomez didn’t play today. It was Bo Cruz. Amazing… 7/9 in 3 pointers

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If he sits on the bench all year, it's not bc he's a scrub like u painted him as but bc silas ain't willing to give him mins.

Garuba just won the eurobasket by contributing as a player and it wasn't bc he was just along for the ride.

I don't think garuba will b a star but he does the little things that will take the team to the next level.

11. Mathloom

Supporting Member

That movie is going to change that guy's life. The power of acting out a more successful version of yourself is underrated. Everyone should try it.

Believe It!, CarlosGM and Easy like this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why aren't we have Hernangomez already, Stone?

catarax05 likes this.
  13. DaDakota

Guys like that are a dime a dozen you can find them all over - we are looking for the guys to BUILD AROUND right now, not the guys that fill in around those players.

I think Garuba has a place in the league, but with like 13 players developing some are not going to get that time, and to me that is GARUBA - he is bottom of the development ladder, IMHO.

It is why I think he will be working on his game in the Gleague.

DD

14. cdastros

cdastros Member

Who will be the backup center for the Rockets?

15. fattz

fattz Member

Garuba is a NBA player, he is a great addition to an already functional team type that may make a difference if his skills are lacking on said team. We could have used a player like him in the Harden era. IDK, if there is a fit here now with the last draft. He is young and definitely worth the time to develop.

16. j@amc

j@amc Member

If you can't win with a contributor like Garuba, you shouldn't coach in the NBA.

Mathloom and AroundTheWorld like this.
  17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Got to develop the talent and give him some burn against nba players to up his trade value. At worst if silas can't find mins to play him we can trade garuba.

Kid is talented enough to not b sent to g league

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Stats being what they are, I find it difficult to diminish Donkey as a player .... Dude is very unique and pretty special.
    He's the connective tissue that holds that team together .... His impact is greater than the statistics alone and when you combine him with Steph they are the anchors of that dynasty. All they do is win .... change the rest of the cast and they find a way back to the finals.

He hasn't been in the league 12 years - he was drafted in 2012 making it 10.

In those 10 seasons he's been to the finals 6 times ....

D-rock likes this.
  19. Newlin

Newlin Member

Maybe he can be like a modern day Mr. Mean.

20. DaDakota

Probably going small, or perhaps it is Jabari.....

DD