1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Solving Illegal Immigration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thumbs, Jun 15, 2018.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is another contrast in the two sides of the political divide.

Republican side -
    1. (laughing like naughty mischievous school children) We've got a great idea. Let's think of most wealthy elitist place that is full of liberals that think they can tell us what to do. Then we'll send these dirty brown people there and see how they like it. They are going to freak out having 50 gross immigrants there. And the greatest thing is we won't tell them the immigrants are coming so they won't be prepared.
    2. We'll tell the immigrants they are getting work and housing. That way when they get there and don't get it, they will lash out at the liberals.
    3. We need to also make sure we screw with their forms so they will end up being illegal and nobody will ever know.
    4. Also this can distract from Trump's crimes and Lindsey putting forward national abortion legislation.
    5. Boy when the liberals freak out and expose how hypocritical they are, it will be great. We'll send a videographer on the plane to make sure it's all captured. I can't wait.
    What actually happened. -
    1. Immigrants arrived
    2. Community started organizing and Volunteers showed up in large numbers to help immigrants
    3. Community reached out and secured a safe place for the immigrants in Cape Cod where they would have access to services.
    4. The Massachusetts volunteers and Progressives were happy and felt a stronger sense of community having risen to the occasion.

Republican Post Script -
    1. (not paying attention) We did it! We showed how they are freaking out when it happened in their community!
    2. (confused when it didn't happen the way they thought) Let's just keep acting like they freaked out and couldn't stand it.

#1301 FranchiseBlade, Sep 18, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
    Newlin, cheke64 and Ottomaton like this.
  2. body slam

body slam Member

where? I saw comments from people involved in organization that help but nothing from political leaders. I could have very easily over looked it. If you could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

3. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

No problem.

You must have overlooked it. I will gladly help you out this time.

https://www1.nyc.gov/office-of-the-...nter-support-newly-arrived-individuals-and#/0

You should read the whole article. It's pretty cool. They have set up a one stop shop where the immigrants can access legal services, information about shelter, medical services, etc.

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, the guy who lives in his car and works two jobs who was handing out candy to them is clearly an old-money New England Liberal elitist! HA HA!

Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

and then you woke up

6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I wish some people would wake up.

7. body slam

body slam Member

Thanks

I assumed you where talking about the article from post #'s 1295 & 1296.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Nimbys believe in the sanctity of private property rights. That is their number on philosophy. They believe they have a right to their property not being devalued for societal and community needs.

That is the core essence of libertarianism. The individual's property rights override community and sociatal needs.

Nook, subtomic and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Your original question was if any political leaders had said the immigrants were a benefit.

That was before the article.

I then quoted the article believing that some of the people with those organizations were also political leaders.

But I then provided another article that did have political leaders talking about the benefit of the immigrants.

10. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The big difference, which I already pointed out, is that libertarians don't believe that what you do with your property (even if it lowers property values in the area) is any of our business. If you directly infringe on our property (like by trespassing or blocking access) that will be opposed, but if you want to run your weed dispensary next door, go for it. The fact that both believe in private property doesn't make them the same thing.

11. fchowd0311

Nope. A libertarian would believe that a community socialized project like urban housing near their property lowering its value is infringing on the property owner's rights to maximize their return on investment.

Again, libertarian will always value the well being of the individual property owner over the collective well being of a community.

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You read some stuff, misunderstand it, then try to explain your wrong understanding to others. Same as with the Weimar stuff you read.

I applaud you for trying to educate yourself, though.

14. Salvy

Salvy Member

Exactly, its a shame The President and current government does not care or is not competent enough to fix the current border crisis. For two years Texas has been asking for help. For two years The White House has downplayed it and lied to the country. What else is Texas and Florida supposed to do? What Biden and co would want is for Texas to stfu and deal with the crisis... I mean, its perfect for them. Texas starts becoming into a forced sanctuary state with more homelessness, crime, human and drug trafficking....The fact that Texas and Florida have decided that its not just their problem but the whole countries is absolutely 100% correct. They should deal with the problems they are causing.

Maybe they start paying attention to the problem once it starts reaching their neighborhoods. If not, keep sending them over.... I don't care.... This is the only way they will deal with it. Trump had the border secure and was called racist for it, Biden will rather have a crisis and take advantage of it to ruin his opponents states than to secure the borders.....

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

This isn't what kicking people out looks like.

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For one the Biden administration is doing something about it. As other have note they actually are moving migrants out of border states to other states. Biden for fiscal 2023 has requested an additional $1.5 billion more to immigration and border enforcement.
    https://immigrationimpact.com/2022/04/08/biden-immigration-budget-2023/

DeSantis is spending money moving people from one state to another neither of which are Florida meanwhile Florida continues to have issues with infrastructure, health care and it’s the middle of hurricane season with a good possibility of a storm hitting Florida. This move by DeSantis will it change border enforcement. That money though could make a difference to the residents of Florida now.

Also Trump didn’t secure the border. There were record border crossings while Trump was president pre COVID. The “caravans” wouldn’t be an issue of Trump actually had secured the border.

TheFreak likes this.
  17. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yeah totally not getting kicked out lol... Man you sure do fall for the spins...

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If the people of Massachusetts really wanted to kick them out the residents of Marthas Vineyard or the state of MA could’ve easily charted a plane and sent them back to Texas or to Tallahassee for that matter. Instead they sheltered and fed them using private donations on Marthas Vinyard and they are meow being cared for in Cape Cod being paid for by the state of MA.

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

Its not about moving illegal immigrants out of border states, its about stopping them from crossing the borders.... This is like being in a sinking ship and the captain coming out on deck and telling the people on board that there's good news because he just payed for a bunch of buckets that will help redistribute the water...

Close the damn border, stop running your mouth telling people to come over.... Trump had this situation way way way more under control and what did he get? AOC and Dems crying at the border.....Look, you like Biden... We get it. You don't have to defend everything he does... The man is a disaster.

blue_eyed_devil likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

I don't applaud your matter of fact statements with no explanation beyond "you're wrong".

Your comment means nothing. Explain why or else don't bother posting.