1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas A&M football thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Ramu3, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The vids

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

@tinman - will you admit UT has been sucking ass lately?

I can admit TAMU should be LAUGHED AT after last week.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I get it, I don't deny the Aggie's can bring a lot of ridicule on themselves I don't deny that but what I don't understand is how some people feel they are worse than longhorns who come off as some of the most entitled people around and are way louder about it than Aggie's.

I still laugh at the military aspect of A&M and the yell leaders and practice is cringeworthy, but I just don't understand why that makes so many people have so much vitriol for the school and the area.

That overt military angle is not as prevalent any more from what I can see.

B-Bob likes this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who was trying to hide the vids?

Must be something happening I don't know about.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

B-Bob and jiggyfly like this.
  6. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Because haters gonna hate. They seldom have a reason...that's what makes them haters.

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Yell practice one of the cooler traditions at A&M. Tens of thousands of people showing up before the game, for a rally. Even on away games. What other school has anything remotely close to that? If you don't get it, that's on you, and just shows your hate.

8. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Because most of what was going wrong had nothing to do with the QB (until last couple of passes, too late then). He's by far the best rushing QB they have, and pass blocking was very questionable. Why would changing QB's have helped?

Reality is, and this is why the loss felt so bad, is Aggies were dominated on both lines of scrimmage. HTH did that happen? App State does have a very good O line, who are all seniors. So, that was clearly a factor. Not sure if similar on their D-Line. Play calling part of it. Achane w/ 6.6 ypc, and only 10 carries? Mistakes had a lot to do with that...Aggies kept backing themselves up.

As the post game show (TheZone) was saying after the game...this was a total team loss. The O played bad, the D played bad, and special teams played bad (that last kick was maybe the uglies FG try I've ever seen). D only gave up 17 pts, but could not get off the field. O couldn't do much with it when they had it...not helping the D.

Hopefully similar to how Ags looked last year, prior to Alabama game. But man, tons of improvement needed everywhere. App State is a good team...not a patsy. But not as good as many of the other teams A&M is going to play, either. Aggies are young, not enough people factored that into this years expectations. But they clearly need to grow up fast.

B-Bob likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Everybody got jokes.:D

Ziggy likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The QB play was bad as well it was just not pass blocking and sometimes you have to make a play, just look at what Bryce Young did.

This was the 2nd game in a row King has not looked good, it's time to get Wiegman in and start getting him reps in the hopes this is the year before the year.

I think this is a young team that read to many of their press clippings, I think Jimbo will turn it around but if he hopes to actually be a contender he needs to have a special QB and King is not that guy.

11. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Midnight yell practices in overalls alongside a fake military regiment are definitely an A&M-specific thing.

Nobody is jealous of College Station except, perhaps, those stuck in Lubbock.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok.

mtbrays likes this.
  13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

He looked ok in first game. Needs to clean up on the interceptions, but thinking Weigmann will be better at that is wishful thinking.

But, this IS the year before the year. Always was. Freshmen need some time to grow. Will be a lot better by end of year than they are now.

Hearing some of the quotes from the players themselves, this seems to be the case. Indications not everyone was bought in...buying in meaning treating every practice as if it were a game, and every play in practice that same way. Those freshmen need to understand they ain't all that, and never will be if they don't work hard.

With Miami coming to town, they have about 2 days to get their mind right.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He has just looked ok the entire time, I think if A&M is going to take that next step they need a 1st round type of QB and thats why I want to see what Weigman has.

I trust Jimbo but he seems to like the safe QB but he has had his best teams with a guy like Jamison as a QB.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

Miami is far, far better than Ap State. Aggies season could be over early.

17. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Johnson would likely have been the safest choice.

Jimbo isn't playing for next step right now. He's trying to win games. I'm ok with that. Plus, seems like King outplayed the others in spring ball, etc....no reason to assume either of them would be doing any better.

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

will know a lot more after Sat nights game. hopefully. App State was so bad all around, hard to make any judgements on ... anything.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Max Johnson will start vs. Miami

20. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Wish granted! Sort of... Johnson to start against LSU
    Probably a lot better option, at this point, than Weigman.

jiggyfly likes this.