1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Show] House Of The Dragon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Oct 5, 2021.

1. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

im sure it will pick up, but also GOT was about several different people from different families and countries vying for control. HOTD is specifically about the targareyans.

its not as good as the first few seasons of GOT, but thats an unfair bar to meet. im really enjoying it and im into all the political intrigue going on.

i guess this can be the princesses new theme song...

Yung-T, B-Bob, GRENDEL and 3 others like this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Setup has been a slow boil, but still interesting to me.

So the question is who that boy spy was really working for. I imagine it was the ho rather than the han. Seems like Daemon and his ho wife aren't entirely in lockstep with that hangover scene, but it would make Daemon look clever if he knew he was getting spied upon to break the trust between the king and the hand. It would also make sense why Daemon broke off that incest because he didn't want to use her niece like that despite pretending the worst with his brother. Not sure if he's totally attracted to the princess, but seems lije he also prioritizes family and the meaning of his name over wins or games, for now.

Show is trying hard to not make the king look like a fool even though his downfall is likely to be overwhelmed by schemers around him.

Daughter can be both extremely smart and dumb at the same time. I get her acting out like Daemon, but her political rebellions without purpose hint she's not ready to play.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  3. Roscoe Arbuckle

The last season of Thrones turned me off so much I have zero interest in watching this. Zero.

4. dmoneybangbang

I’m enjoying it but it’s not GOT.

Im guessing
    the princess doesn’t take the abortion tea and she ends up having a child (her “princess guard knight’s” child) which screws up the arranged marriage to the Sea Snake’s son.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  5. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Daemon is definitely scheming and knew their tryst would be reported because he made a point of taking off Rhaenyra's cap and letting her easily recognizable Targaryen hair flow. Daemon wasn't able to follow through because he has a history of ED as we've seen with his w**** wife. However, Daemon's attempt was heavy-handed and the outcome is that Rhaenyra uses her budding political skills to divert attention to the Hand and get him removed thus weakening her one-time friend but now step-mom and Queen--which also means the Queen's son is weakened. Both Daemon (for himself) and the Hand (for his grandson) tried to use this incident to undercut Rhaenyra but she is now stronger than before in the eyes of the King. Also, Rhaenyra should be pissed at her father and the Meister--she could have been having sex all along if she had known about the tea.

GRENDEL and Invisible Fan like this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Just catching up. Cant believe yall wanted a 4-episode backstory on the crab dude. Lulz.

Jontro and GRENDEL like this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

But more than zero interest in talking about it on the internet.

Andre0087, J Sizzle, YOLO and 2 others like this.
  8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

It's just another "look at me (I'm too cool for HOTD)"

I'm enjoying HOTD despite the horrible last season of GOT. I feel like it's slowing building into something that could be a must watch.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't want to totally over-analyze like I did with Better Call Saul. It took away from my enjoyment of the series. I'm really enjoying this series so far. Kind of cool to get in at the beginning instead of being late to the party like I was with GoT.

Ziggy likes this.
  10. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

It's like watching a Shakespearean family drama with the character development and subplots, enjoying it so far.

Invisible Fan and GRENDEL like this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

No more Milly Alcock. good. that Doctor Who relationship was ultra creepy. Still waiting to feel something for this show. Im ready for the time skip. but now we have to get to know all these new characters.. Its like we are going to have to start from scratch..

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am loving the LOTR show - about the birth of Sauron, but man, this GOT House of Dragons stuff is just better.

DD

Invisible Fan and GRENDEL like this.
  13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Same here, I personally enjoy the slow build here in the first half but I'm ready for the time jump because I think we'll start seeing payoffs for what's been set up thus far......

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I'm beginning to think Daemon might be a little toxic.

15. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This past episode FELT like a Game of Thrones episode. Really, really good. Hopefully I don't end up hating one or both of the replacement actresses as we jump in time next week. Seems like such a risky thing to do when they could have just easily aged up the younger actresses with some makeup or something.

16. Buck Turgidson

17. i3artow i3aller

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The small forgotten details are resolved better and add tension to future conflicts. You get the sense the characters you're investing time in evolve with purpose.

The other show uses typical stream bait gimmicks where most of the tension that serves as action early episodes are manufactured and largely forgotten by episode 8.

I could breakdown the last LOTR episode to 4-5 brief plot points and callbacks for people who slept through it whereas this episode would take more ink to fully describe with many missed details.

Both eps would be considered turning points for their respective series.

#158 Invisible Fan, Sep 19, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Really confused at the ending of episode 5. Hopefully someone can fill me in, because it seemed to me like they put in that death just for shock value / because there hasn't been much action for two whole episodes.

I don't really understand why Ser Criston killed Joffrey, at the end of episode 5. Seems unprompted when all that happened was a little goading / mutually assured destruction by Joffery.

iirc, Joffrey even said something along the lines of how both he and Criston should continue to date Laenor and Rhaenyra in the shadows, to preserve the union.

And then Criston just walks away without being apprehended? And then tries to commit suicide? Huh???

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Joffrey tried to play a game of mutually assured destruction with secrets and Criston was having none of it