1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans hire Lovie Smith

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by justtxyank, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm probably as good at it as anyone else, I'm just using his decisions to affirm my belief that he was a terrible hire, and I'm not afraid to knee jerk in here. I've said it before, but I like seeing dialogue on here. It's a smaller community, but I feel like it's a good community of posters in the Texans forum. I don't need anyone to convince me that Lovie is going to suddenly become some great coach. I know he went to the Super Bowl, but even Bears fans didn't have a great opinion of him, at the time, from what I've heard.

I used to be like most, and look at everything this franchise did with rose colored glasses. I quit that when they handed O'Brien the keys to everything.

houstonstime and TheFreak like this.
  2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You tell me a coach that won at Illinois? Why didn't you b**** about the 4th and 3 when the Texans were up 20-3? That was more of a problem. It would have been a 53 yard FG. That is the one you should be b****ing about.

So, you have become a whining b****.....like the others?

3. Buck Turgidson

Lovie is a great coach to oversee this rebuild. Lovie will not be the coach when we're contenders. He should have a place somewhere in the org for as long as he wants one, though

CrazyJoeDavola and cmoak1982 like this.
  4. Two Sandwiches

I want happy about that either. He's a more conservative Kubiak.

5. Two Sandwiches

Don't disagree with his personality being good for the team. His coaching decisions are not great for any team though. I do value him as a leader of men though.