1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Do you know who you're talking to?

2. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

Is that you Boban?

3. j@amc

j@amc Member

From FIBA:

While indeed there was a timekeeping operations error during the 4th quarter of the Game, the TBF failed to establish in their protest, as per the Official Basketball Rules, that had it not been for the timekeeping operations error, a different result would have certainly materialized. In consequence, TBF’s protest, objecting the result of the game, was dismissed.
    So let me get this straight in my mind: FIBA admits that 22 seconds came off the clock in a game that was decided by one basket until protests and free throw shooting took over in the last 10 seconds. But the Turkish basketball federation has failed to establish that timekeeping affected the outcome. How does this even possibly make sense?

It's self-evident that if both teams have 2 or 3 more possessions, that game would have been different. If there was ever a game to line up and play the last four minutes again (without a crowd to throw things on the court), this was it.

FIBA doesn't deserve to have NBA players on their teams. They're unethical and won't clean up their game. The NBA owners should cease doing business with them ASAP.

By the way, here's a link to the Georgian Federation's official response to the Turkish coach and the reported altercation in the locker room.

#3043 j@amc, Sep 5, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
  4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Alpy is going nuts through 3 quarters vs Belgium. 17/5/5 buddy even worked in a Dirk fadeaway! LOL

5. BelgianRocketsFan

Sengun dominated Belgium in every possible way. Just unstoppable.

People who think he'll just be a 'good role player' in the NBA have to open their eyes.
    The difference of impact with other NBA players in the Turkish national team (Korkmaz, Osman: who are actual role players) is huge.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

pump fake is such a great weapon!

Ankara1923 likes this.
  8. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

grateful for the Georgian Police's sake.

my man Al would have wrecked shop

aaquaa, Deckard, clos4life and 2 others like this.
  9. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This was a very encouraging game, the best he's played so far in this summer tournament. We saw some of this midrange stuff last year and I really hope he continues to improve in that area and become more consistent. I don't remember off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure the percentage on 2 point jumpers was really bad last year. I think it's really important for post players to be able to hit those shots.

This was another dominant game against a team without any NBA players, though, so we're still in that "can he do it in the NBA" territory.

Rashmon, Deckard, clos4life and 4 others like this.
  10. conquistador#11

Since Sengun now has a Gucci and Valentino collaboration bag on offense, the talk is strictly 'he is not a rim protector'. What do you need rim protectors for?

To protect the paint from the little guy going in. what if I told you that Jabari and Eason will disrupt and prevent those guys from even getting into the paint.
    In reality, even with elite rim protectors the elite guard/sf will still get theirs. It's what they do.
    I think his ability to put guys like Giannis in the popcorn machine, along with his elite vision and hustle D will negate him not having the wingspan of a Pterosaurs. And we have the whole year to see it to fruition

11. Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin Member

Monster game by Sengun!

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

And his wingspan isn’t even bad for a 6’9/6’10 player

14. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

It seems like the midrange shot is there to stay. Last year he was good in the paint(40.4% in the paint(non-ra) on 1.6 attempts per game), and bad outside the paint on very low number of attempts (23.5% on .2 attempts per game). The main problem was not he was shooting bad, he was passing up open shots because he did not have confidence. Even when he took the shot, it wasn't a smooth, decisive body mechanics.

I am guessing his 1 midrange shot in 5 games last year will increase to 1 midrange per game.

* I don't know what the non-ra means above in the paint stats. Anyone have an idea?

aaquaa and Easy like this.
  15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Non restricted area, in the semi-circle

aaquaa and AlperenSengun like this.
  16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, he shot very little midrange, and the percentage was terrible (sub-40%). He really needs to do better.

17. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

I've seen this take mentioned by several here and I'm not hating, but he never schooled Giannis. In either of the games. I don't think he scored on him once. He frustrated Cousins to the point they sat him if my memory serves me correctly. Portis couldn't stop him either. But he didn't match up with the freak.

harold bingo likes this.
  18. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

This is an understatement, Boggy Cousins got straight up abused

aaquaa and harold bingo like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol he already proved he can do it in nba to us insightful ones... and no he cant do it when silas plays him 6 minutes a night...or make him stand on the perimeter instead of running the offense tru him...not even lebron would be able to do it

Rashmon, aaquaa and clos4life like this.
  20. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Yeah he was all bent. They sat his...

aaquaa likes this.