1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022-23 Houston Rockets -- will they be over/under 24.5 wins?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 10, 2022.

?

Will the Rockets win over or under 24.5 games in 2022-23?

1. OVER 24.5 wins

188 vote(s)
    70.4%
  2. UNDER 24.5 wins

79 vote(s)
    29.6%
  1. jsb

jsb Contributing Member

They'll be a lot more fun to watch this year but I don't think it it'll translate into many more wins, so I'll go with 24,

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  2. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Now that Wood is gone, with expected improvement of the core (including Tate's 3 ball :eek:), the addition of Jabari, Tari and what appears to be a better coaching staff, I'm betting the over.

The real question is.. will the commander's release the reins and let the coaches and kids do their thing.

We shall soon see.

DaDakota likes this.
  3. sydmill

sydmill Member

Given the race to the bottom that exists for next season with SA, Utah, OKC and, to a lesser degree, Orlando and Detroit all looking like teams that are intentionally or organically going to be really bad there is very little reason for the Rockets to expect anything higher than a top 10 pick. There is therefore little reason not to push for as many wins as possible in the hopes of instilling winning habits. I am going with the over. 27-55

4. conquistador#11

I agree that winning does more for growth which is why I wanted an average schedule. 5-18 can be mentally frustrating to start off and spiral into darkness quickly affecting team morale, while 9-14 keeps everyone focassed.

[​IMG]

5. dmoneybangbang

I think the talent is there but a bunch of rookies and sophomores playing team basketball will be an issue this year.

Corrosion and i3artow i3aller like this.
  6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I dunno. Last year we won 24.4% of our games. On average our record over a 25 game span was 6-19.

I don’t see a big difference. We’re going to struggle regardless just like last year and I don’t think last year anyone spun out of control because of it. There was pretty clear improvement shown by the young guys even with all the losing.

7. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Less than 33 wins, Stone&Silas should go.

8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Yah except when you’ve got a bunch of literal 20 year olds whether the schedule starts easy or hard, they’re having to play more experienced nba teams and they’re just babies out there. I’d rather take the licks early.

i3artow i3aller and Corrosion like this.
  9. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I'm guessing over only because of all the teams tanking. This season we'll play a number of teams more motivated to lose than us.

10. MultipleSauces

Over . We’re going 83-0

11. Rochut

Rochut Member

Silas has to increase wins to save his job. He won't be a willing tank commander this season. 27-28 wins save his a$$.

12. conquistador#11

Last year was a tough schedule too to begin the season.
    You don't remember Wood throwing tantrums? one because of the vax, which was his own personal thing no biggie. But the other one were he wouldn't shoot the ball? Then there was the soup incident. Someone then called out Wood in the locker room, we all took our best guesses.

I would say that was the breaking point in the 1st week of January. But tension had been brewing way before that, KPJ not wanting to be helped up. We would later find out that a vet called out Wood (another time) for not being approachable to the youngstas. I think Wood would have gone harder with a less horrid record. 4 games can make all the difference. Babies or not, this team has a Sengun that has played against men. KPJ still needs to learn how to navigate the half court offense but he's seen everything thrown at him. Tate could be 30 for all we know. Jabari is like a braniac Battier out there. I'm not even including the kid, Eric Gordon or Green whose talent overshadows age.
    This team should and will easily compete against 7th seeds and under. The only ones that don't what that are fans that want to have the worst record.
    All I'm saying is I would want my gauntlet in the middle of the season. Even those gaunlets should never be 20+ games against the best.

13. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

this Team really reminds of the current Rocket team’s potential.

[​IMG]

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

15. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with this.

While I expect a defensive improvement, I also think the organization wants one more lottery run and would rather it be a top 5-6 pick in a really strong draft.

I know for a fact that the organization is concerned about their lack of assets going forward. So a high lottery pick is crucial.

yixiixiy and Deuce like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets will likely get a top 10 pick.

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

No team is more motivated to lose than the Rockets.

They are the only team who won't control their own draft picks after this next draft until 2027.

No one has more incentive to acquire a premium talent in this draft than the team who won't be in position to do so again until 2027 .... without lucking into it via Brooklyn being bad.

18. CXbby

CXbby Member

The Rockets are going to have 6 or more 19-21 year olds in the rotation, so a top 10 pick is likely assured, you won’t need to “tank” to get it. However if the team can’t even win a measly 4 more games than last year then they have bigger problems than another unproven rookie can solve. Because it will mean that they have bombed their prior picks and neither of Green, Sengun, KPJ etc have shown much improvement to add even 4 more wins.

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

Also if they weren’t even intent on winning 4 more games, why in the world would they waste the effort to hire a whole new assistant coaching staff? Why not wait until next year for that?

I think they will push 30 wins this year, which will be feel good for the organization and players, and due to the flattening of lottery odds you will find that the chances at a top 4 pick won’t be much less than winning 20-24 games.

DaDakota likes this.
  20. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Utah and the Thunder seem to be starting the season in late-season tank form. Not sure we can compete with that.