1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green Needs to be Benched

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wizkid83, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I legit had concerns that if he didn't develop, that's what we'd have. Kind of like some had concerns that Chet could be the next Sam Bowie/Greg Oden.

Those concerns can ONLY be had before we find out what is going to happen.... which is why the "too soon" talk was always dumb. You don't discuss potential concerns after the thing happens.... and whining about listed potential concerns after the fact is moronic.

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Not gonna lie, nowadays u seem to like to paint yourself as just the avid worrier with real concern about green development. Then I am remind of how knee jerk your reaction with constant negative posts about green throughout the season like this.

November by the way.
    U could paint yourself as an avid worrier and whatever bs but folks r calling u out for how much of a hypocrite u are for preaching patience for kpj when u couldn't do the same for Green. And how negative u were on green so early into the season without waiting and seeing the potential.

What's the difference between too soon talks and being patience?

#362 DatRocketFan, Aug 30, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Word for word, this is what you said.

Your post clearly states that because he was terrible for more than half of the season, it confirms your statements to be true. You even said, categorically, "fortunately he was showing signs of development towards the end of the season", further implying that you are saying categorically that your "proof to your statement" is Green being bad for more than half of the season.

All I did was show that your supposed "proof to your statement" is inaccurate. This is not pedantry, I'm responding to what you stated.

i3artow i3aller and King1 like this.
  4. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Big difference is that the concern with chet was that he would get hurt and then he may miss the entire first year without playing a game. That is a legit concern manifesting itself and even though he has not played a game, we can accurately describe his first year in the league
    That is different from basing a career performance on less than half a season of game action

King1 likes this.
  5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Correct me if I am wrong.
    Booby stance is that there r no such thing as knee jerk reactions, basically no?

Example.
    Sees a rookie do well.

If he keeps this up he can b the next Kobe byrant 5 games in (obvious knee jerk).

Rookie plays extraordinary well until halfway into his rookie season and ends up sucking.

Folks call u out for the knee jerk.

Well we all saw how awesome he was for more than half the season that pretty much confirmed what I said was true.

UnFortunately, he sucked hence the initial reaction and everybody btching about how much knee jerk reaction it was is moot and irrevlant.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He was benched for 10 games so he could get a better jump shot, and watch from the bench with Lucas on how to be better and he came back much better.

Whether people like it or not, he was benched.

;)

Both sides can claim victory......though, the benching is a bit of a reach......

DD

#366 DaDakota, Aug 30, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
  7. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

R.J Barret (#3 pick) got a $120 million contract. I hope they can make the best out of JG's talents and compete before it's time renew his contract.

Jontro likes this.
  8. 34to11

34to11 Member

TRUTH!!!

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

DD and Bobby still can't admit they were wrong. Pretty sad

Funny thing is DD is white knighting KPJ. Hypocrisy knows no bounds

10. DaDakota

So, which is it then?

Did him getting benched for 10 games as he worked with Lucas and "Ehem" nursed an injury help him get better?

Or did him playing through his mistakes help him get better?

Or both?

HMMMMM???

;)

Thread title should be "Jalen Green was benched"

DD

#370 DaDakota, Aug 31, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
  11. i3artow i3aller

12. King1

Can we bench DD? I get it would take the biggest bench ever for fat boy

13. King1

Go to sleep, fat boy

Why are all the dumbest posters on the board overweight? Rhetorical question

14. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Or he sat out 10 games simply because of his injury? You’re reaching too hard. But I’m not surprised.

15. DaDakota

Am I though? He was working out during those 10 games off with Lucas - on his shot.

You do know that my posts here are tongue in cheek, thus the winky guy ;)

DD

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Remember that time Jalen Green was on fire had as good a stretch as he’s had all season out in 11 on 4-5 shooting with 2 boards an assist and no turnovers in 10 minutes of the first quarter and then he was immediately benched!!!!!