1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I've been saying all along that Sengun is a nice player BUT personally, I don't think he is a starter in this league. I think he's a very good bench player and this yr will show it. I think he will struggle against starting caliber centers.

I watched some of the game today and the areas where I think he's deficient is where he struggles the most, athleticism and shooting. He's a great passer but so is Ricky Rubio.

Since he doesn't have athleticism, I wish he were taller, similar to Jokovich but it is what it is. I hope I'm wrong but we'll see.

ashleyem and maj21 like this.
  2. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

He played 48 mins per game last year, not 30. Be realistic please.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I think you might have to rethink about what you just said!!!!!!!!! You are saying that he played the whole game !
    Actually My numbers are from The Houston Rockets Stats and are correct. Y

4. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

At this point in his career I'm not worried about it, it's basically just cardio for him now. The game experience is good for him, too. As he gets older his body will need more rest, and he'll hopefully have a bigger presence on the team, more responsibility, and be looking at huge contracts...all that stuff will probably change his priorities. But if it continues later in his career it definitely could become an issue.

clos4life likes this.
  5. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

You increased his playing time 50%, I increased your figure 60%. Should say 45 mpg to be on par with you. Sorry for the additional 10%.

#2785 Ankara1923, Aug 19, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
    hakeem94 and CarlosGM like this.
  6. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

He is not Yao of Turkey. We even don't know who would be starting center if Omer Faruk Yurt7 of Miami Heat did not leave the camp.

Today's game might be the first he started. He came from the bench generally.

We also don't know who will start in the future? Alpi or 19 years old Adem?

If someone is going to overplayed this team might be Shane Larkin,Cedi Osman or Furkan Korkmaz.

Yao was one off for China.Alpi is a talented NBA player at the moment.

Yao's time might be the most entertaining time for China. This Turkish team is not that level yet. That title goes to 2010 World Championship Finalist team (eventually lost to Durant-led USA). That team had Omer Asik,Hedo Tukoglu,Ersan Ilyasova,.. type of stars.

Hope Alpi surprass Hedo's, Memo's (Mehmet Okur) successes in NBA but he is not there yet.Won't be overplayed.

aaquaa and hakeem94 like this.
  7. maj21

maj21 Member

That’s my concern too. He’s not very athletic and he’s undersized. Bad combo!! I still have high hopes for him though. If had a choice, I’d want a Capela type at the 5. Sengun a beast at what he does so we’ll see

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Really? Only one?

What's his name, Bammondola Jokibaygreen?

Richie_Rich and hakeem94 like this.
  9. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I think it could be an issue. I just watched the old Kevin Pelton draft scouting video of Sengun and his game looks pretty much the same today as it did before he got into the league when they were using his Euro video. I think part of what makes him special is his feel and he still has that BUT part of what holds him back is some core fundamentals and those fundamentals I don’t really see improving at this point and they HAVE TO if he is to reach his ceiling. I mean, I’m not super worried, but I am concerned that maybe he enjoys leaning into working on what he does best(feel) over covering his weaknesses(poor defensive positioning, not boxing out consistently, etc…

cmlmel77 and AlperenSengun like this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kid is going to be monster.

D-rock, hakeem94 and clos4life like this.
  11. clos4life

clos4life Member

Just turned 20, about to head into sophomore season. Give him time, just like JG.

D-rock and glimmertwins like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

oh he defintely gonna be a starter...just wait until gsw lay their hands on him...of course he cant start on rockets(or sacramento kings eg, that type of teams with superb coaching) because we had danuel thesis and c wood 2 former MVPs and now we gonna start willie caulie stein a proved vet and a real pro

Entropy, aaquaa and Ankara1923 like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he was best at scoring amongst the rockets...you dont really know how to check the stats and take into consideration circumstances eg that he was playing in spurts of 3 minutes and 6 minutes total half of the games...and of course he had troubles getting into rhythm...

he only played cca 15 full games last year...even lebron james would have troubles scoring a lot being misused like that

aaquaa and Ankara1923 like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

is kostas antetokumpo a physical player?

D-rock and Ankara1923 like this.
  15. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

too bad the guy who did senguns 10 minutes long nba highlights 'zeljko' is not doing it now...

Jontro and Ankara1923 like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

were you also concerned yanis will never start on a championship team because he cant shoot and is a liability in playoffs?
    you must have been dead worried defenders will sag off of him

19. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Zelimir I guess. He might start soon. He should be very happy to see Nemanja Bjelica is back to his Fenerbahce Istanbul now.

Let's put one from him:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/p_KuW7mtF_c

20. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

I'm not a close follower but I'm sure Alpi is taller than Djokovic. Different sports though; maybe being a bit shorter would give him an edge in tennis.

harold bingo and AroundTheWorld like this.