1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the democratic party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Feb 27, 2021.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

lol

fchowd0311 likes this.
  2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yes bro, totally reasonable bro... Im telling you bro

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[​IMG]

4. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

[​IMG]

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]

blue_eyed_devil likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[​IMG]

Just kidding Sub, you have been reasonable whenever we get into a discussion.

It's heartwarming to see we can coalesce heading into the midterms.

Bernie who?:D

ROCKSS and subtomic like this.
  7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The bold part is basically everything the right wing propaganda machine uses to sway supporters that are conservatives, but not in line with the movement. @AroundTheWorld do not for a second buy into the garbage talking point that the other 60% of Americans "Hate everything you believe." I think you are smarter than that, but just in case you didn't get it, I'm reiterating.

-Nobody is trying to take away your religion
    -Nobody wants government to run everything in the world
    -Nobody wants to take away your ability to defend yourself
    -Nobody wants you to not be able to change your genitals
    -etc. etc. etc.

They sell this bag of fear to get people like you to say "well... I don't like X candidate personally (Trump in this case obviously), but the Dems (or the liberal party there in Germany with Around the world) are such an existential threat that I MUST support X candidate in order to live without tyranny."

The primary issue that folks like myself have with feeling like we must press you guys on Trump is the issue of autocracy. I mean the guy LITERALLY tried to overturn the last election, and weaponized violence. I don't know why in hell that's not something that would cause folks like me to try and reason with our brothers and sisters on the right to please... for the love of God help preserve Democracy by getting your party out of the Trump cult. Especiallly when talking to someone like ATW from Germany of all places, you'd think we'd get that sort of nod of support... which I think he gives, but not always as clear as we'd like.

Does that make any sense to you at all, and is there any way in hell to get you to come down off your FoxNews branch for a second to have a real conversation here??? Nobody is trying to sell you AOC's 20 point plan here for crying out loud. Just simply trying to get folks like you to change your tune a bit to get out of the cult and help YOUR PARTY be a healthy conservative leader IN A DEMOCRACY. If you are not interested in that, and truly want to have an autocratic cult run the country, please at least be honest about it and make your case.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

reported

Salvy likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

people laughed at Biden for falling on his bike…I give him credit for still being physically active at his age

half of America over the age of 40 is probably too obese to bike

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

got his foot caught in the forty+ year old toe clip.

he needs new pedals

11. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To some extent, Manchin taking ownership of a bill like the Inflation Reduction Act is my political equivalent of Hell freezing over. I'm not sure what Schumer did to get him into the fold, and I hope the story gets a comprehensive write-up for future generations to study.

Now if we can just get some voting rights legislation passed - I'd even support Voter ID so long as there is a grace period and a requirement for states to provide (X) number of places based on population to get the ID.

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Or just maybe he is a moderate Democrat and not as beholden to big business and blocking things on their behalf as some want to believe.

Why does it have to be something Schumer did?

Anyway baby steps.

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Look at Trump in comparison. He looks pretty bad. That McDonald's no-bun diet is really paying off. Yea...he plays golf...with a cart. Trump is definitely obese on the BMI. He looks terrible for his age. He will be older than when Biden was elected if he is elected as president again. He will be almost 78 and a 1/2 whereas Biden was 78 and 66 days. Do we honestly expect Trump to live another six years to complete his term? I'd be surprised if he made it two years at the rate he is going. Wasn't he the one criticizing Biden for being too old to be president? But, with Trump's speeches, he won't require much brain power because it's all about him, talking up his base with rah-rah garbage, and hating on his rivals with dumb catchphrases.

AroundTheWorld, ROCKSS and Reeko like this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Folks his age who fall that high usually break their hip. Things go downhill quickly after that.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

look at Biden still going strong

if it was Trump, he would’ve farted on the way down, and then sh*t himself on the landing to go along with multiple fractures

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Biden with the off the backboard alley-oop?

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Catching terrorists means that he's doing his job of protecting America.

Also that is not the one job of the President. Does Nikki Haley not know this?

The president's oath is to preserve, defend, and uphold the Constitution of the United States.

Reeko likes this.
  18. Salvy

Salvy Member

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would also add the flat out corruption of Trump. Appointing his daughter and son in law to high positions of government. Changing DOD policy to benefit his businesses. Overcharging the Secret Service at his resorts.

I will remains people again that Trump began his presidency settling over a fake university. He ended it trying to overturn an election. In between he had to shut down his foundation because it was swindling veterans.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

she came from the top rope