1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To extend KPJ or not?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lachard Binkley, Jul 29, 2022.

1. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

the best 1 on 1 player in the league?? kpj???
    LMAO!!!

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Other people can see it, some people are too blinded by him tossing a salad at lucas....

DD

Zen Tabak likes this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The disadvantage KPJ has is just this. At his age, he should exude "hope" as his selling point. But the stigma of being a emotional head case may be hard to shake, and that's a hope killer.

He was drafted at the end of the first round despite his obvious talent because of his troubled reputation in college. He then became a castoff by Cleveland which was far from a very talented team. Then the incidents in Houston kind of confirm the stigma in people's minds. CF posters argue about whether those incidents are really serious. It doesn't matter whether any of us here thinks they are serious. What's important is what the NBA teams think. This is why it is wise to wait and see how the RFA market goes. Unless he agrees to sign an extremely team friendly deal, the risk is very high that he may become a deadweight no team wants to touch.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

None of that matters, what KPJ thinks and does is the only thing that matters.

Us arguing on here is a joke, none of us matter a smidge.....

And there are tons of young people who have turned around their lives and become stars......that is the hope here.

If he puts up good numbers, teams will come calling, even the Rockets.

DD

Trackwell likes this.
  5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Best 1 on 1 player player in the league? Shows how irrational and stupid his supporters are

AroundTheWorld and clutchdabear like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s such a disrespectful and delusional statement…I get propping up your clients, but have some shame

7. TimDuncanDonaut

I'm like you where i'm in the wait-and-see / maybe in role player trajectory. Everyone wants to see the Rockets do well, but look how divisive it is on the opinion and personnel. Lachard's podcast episode thread turned into a 59 page debate. I agree with what you're saying, but seeing how divisive even among the fan base; i think there are some GMs out there that feels the pro-KPJ camp. In which case, I think deals can be had. Teams overpay for Brunson and Gobert, KPJ is not that talent level, but it's possible to get somethings back from the KPJ investment.

If KPJ has another episode, his value would be dead. But right now, some of the catch n' shoot %, and his ppg, maybe some teams will bite. All it takes is one team. I rather we get something from that investment rather than KPJ flaming out on his own, then ends up out of the league.

If Stone truly is from the Morey tree, I'd be impressed if we can get something back if KPJ is dangled. He needs to be more of a Houston GM and less of a Seattle buddy. If BOS is willing to shop Jaylen Brown, KPJ should not be untouchable.

#1167 TimDuncanDonaut, Aug 19, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
  8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What's that make you? So full of hate and personal insults for all..day after day...multiple threads..SOS...oh, you trash KPjr ...like it's your mission in life. As far as hoops goes though, you have notta. Just a childish shitshow. Showing that ass every damn day. Pretty sad.
    You and your ilk really drag down the board.

9. King1

You're a bum

10. King1

Look fat boy liked your post.

11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Can you imagine if the best one on one player in the league, continually drived inside the three point line without a clue what he was going to do and pick up his dribble leaving himself and his teammates lost on islands because they have no idea what's going on.

Multiple times each game.

By the way, when's Ben Simmons entering the 3 point comp? Dude can stroke it from outside with all those pre-season highlight videos.

Goodness gracious me.

clutchdabear likes this.
  12. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

Imagine being mad when a respected hoops trainer says a player on the team you root for could arguably be the best in the league at something

jiggyfly, Verbal Christ and burlesk like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t see anyone who’s mad…I see people pointing out how laughable that statement is tho

Did u have this same energy when people on here were killing Morey for saying Harden was better offensively than MJ? That statement was probably even less delusional than saying KPJr is arguably the best 1 on 1 player in the league.

14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

King1 is nothing but a troll. The most hateful and I’ll informed on the board. He never has a legitimate take on anything.

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Among players who played at least half the season KPJ was 136th in isolation PPP at 0.80 PPP.

7 players on our team had a higher PPP in isolation.

16. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

You must have King1 blocked. Anyway, nothing at all wrong with disagreeing with the statement, just weird how much antipathy some people have for certain players on the team

ApacheWarrior and BamBam like this.
  17. King1

Lol at calling me a troll because I don't support your hero

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Some folks like to hate on players for other reason other then actual bb reasons.

Booby on green
    Asiansensation on Harden
    and u on KPJ.

Weirdos and their strange hatred.
    To me it seems like his off court behavior and him leaving mid game r making u spew hatred at folks that root for kpj more than anything.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Giannis is the best 1x1 player in the league. But I suppose the comment is about guards and forwards. I still have easily 10 players ahead of him, and probably 20.

That’s not really a knock on KPJ, but if he also thinks he’s the best, then I might need to knock him down a bit.

20. King1

I dislike him for that and his on the court play