1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: FBI raiding Mar-a-Lago

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by larsv8, Aug 8, 2022.

1. LondonCalling

LondonCalling Member

[​IMG]

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Sumbitch projecting

Blatz likes this.
  3. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m picturing his username as “TotallyNotDonaldTrumpTheGreatestPresidentEver”

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Trump might be missing the days where he rang a bell and b**** t*** Billy ran on all fours at his beck and call.

Billy Bell!!
    Jarrred!! Junior!!! Ughhh...Eric
    Where's my Billy Bell?!??

I wonder if Wray will publish his own book when all the death threats have been hashed out.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

7. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I bet the FBI agents were talking about the trump 2016 slogan of "Locker Her Up"

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This whole reach around crew for Trump is staggering, the guy is an obvious crook, what does he have on the others to make them try to suck up?

I mean he is going down and going down HARD - do they all think that it won't splash on them?

They will be covered in ketchup!

DD

9. HTM

HTM Member

Funny seeing people posit the notion that the FBI is beyond reproach.

The institution founded and run by J Edgar Hoover for 40-50 years. It should be synonymous with corruption and political intriguing, because, you know, that's the actual real history of the FBI.

blue_eyed_devil likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Beyond reproach?

Ya I remember the FBI with Hoover and their communist leftist ways always pushing a leftist political agenda.

Look dude, not everything the FBI touches is "corrupt". Just because they are investigating Donald Trump doesn't mean they are corrupt for it.

Funny thing is I can just say "so now people think Donald Trump is above reproach?"

deb4rockets likes this.
  11. HTM

HTM Member

Not everything the FBI touches is corrupt but its certainly not an organization that is beyond reproach as some are making it out to be. It has a long history of political intriguing and corruption. The FBI doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt and is no white knight.

12. fchowd0311

I guess that is a great for a future politicians who wants to commit federal crimes and get away with it. They always got that talking point in their backs. "The entity that is investigating me isn't beyond reproach".

Who are these "some people" that believe it's beyond reproach.

Anyways I couldn't give two craps about people who magically start crying about the abuses of law enforcement because a billionaire former president is being investigated and is having his property searched. Like if they didn't start crying about the FBI using entrapment practices towards brown immigrants and citizens to get their terrorism charge numbers pumped up then all I can assume is that they don't sincerely care about FBI abuses towards the people, but just care about defending their cult leader.

#2312 fchowd0311, Aug 19, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
  13. HTM

HTM Member

Your posting is deranged. You, always, immediately attempt to make claims for the person you're quoting they never made and twist their words entirely into things you had hoped they said so you can attack made up things.

Get a grip.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Maybe I missed it but who said the FBI is beyond reproach?

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Right, but see my post a page or two back. Two way street.

16. fchowd0311

I think he assumes people are implying it by believing that Trump being searched isn't a political attack. Right @HTM or an I putting words in your mouth?

I think he's saying that you have to agree with the notion that the search on Trump was a weaponized political attack or else you believe the FBI is beyond reproach.

I hope I'm not putting words in his mouth though.

#2316 fchowd0311, Aug 19, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
    Andre0087, FranchiseBlade and Blatz like this.
  17. HTM

HTM Member

So then you believe the FBI isn't beyond reproach and is subject to political intriguing, political bias and corruption? Those are real possibilities right? Because that's all been going on the entire existence of the FBI.

Is it going on here? Maybe. Idk. I haven't commented one way or the other. I do have some familiarity with the dark history of the FBI though, even only the stuff that's been made public and they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. I don't hold the FBI out to be some paragons of virtue. Pretty much just the opposite really.

The FBI, the DOJ, these institutions, they choose who to investigate, how vigorously to investigate them, the timing of the investigations.... all of it... and political intriguing and political bias has long played a role in that, especially when the people being investigated are political or the investigations are political in nature.

There won't be political questions surrounding the vast majority of the FBI/DOJ investigations but certainly some investigations fall into a category with political questions or concerns.

18. HTM

HTM Member

No, I see people act like the FBI/DOJ is beyond reproach and are perfect umpires. These institutions have long and storied histories of political bias and intriguing. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

It’s much more logical that a government organization with tons of oversight is corrupt while a man with a history of corruption is not.

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

So….. why did Trump hand pick a corrupt leader of the FBI who was going to devote his career to go after the man that gave him the job?

You have to understand how stupid this sounds.