1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What’s your go-to spot for wings dawg?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Aug 19, 2022.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Hit me with the fire stuff.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/favorite-wings-place.192423/

I like BWW. It's easy, convenient and consistent. Lately they haven't been giving me the giant mutant wings, which is good. I prefer the small wings.

There's a place in Katy called Wild Wing Cafe that has the best tasting wing sauce I've ever had, cheddar jalapeno.

3. VanityHalfBlack

Oh god I gotta try that cheddar jalapeño

4. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I get my wing and ADHD "too many tv's to watch at one time" fix at BWW.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Southeast Asia has good dawg wings.

Xerobull and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

Years ago there was a viet-cajun place on Westheimer that did alligator "wings", basically the forearm of the gator. They were damn tasty.

I don't have a lot of good wing options around me, so I've perfected a crispy oven baked method and a few sauces.

7. Xerobull

[​IMG]

....I need those!

TimDuncanDonaut and Sadat X like this.
  8. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I second this about BWW. They have always hit the spot for me. Not saying they are the greatest wings out there, and the service there is hit or miss, but they hit the spot when I am feeling the craving for wings.

Xerobull and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  9. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Dream Wings

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I’ve been disappointed too many times in life from wings. So it’s Pluckers or nothing for me.

11. Buck Turgidson

Yep, now I'm thinking about them too.

Yall have reminded me, few weeks ago I read a great review of a limited-time Wingstop dry rub: hot honey. I may have to try those this evening

The reason dry rub wings generally take a backseat with people over their sauced counterparts is that dry rubs can come across as simpler, which is easy to confuse with boring. The Hot Honey Rub is definitely not boring, it combines the spicy and slightly fruity notes of cayenne pepper with the earthy and complex notes of ancho chilis for a strong smack of heat that really gets your salivary glands working.

As good as that is, the flavor’s strong suit is the honey and how it balances out the heat without being distracting. It’s never overpowering or overly sweet like hot honey sauce tends to be. In this dry rub form, it instead adds a gentle floral lift and some subtle sweetness to the aftertaste that makes the experience remarkably satisfying.

Xerobull and jiggyfly like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I think Hot wings are one of the biggest rip-offs out there and every time I eat them they are disappointing even if I don't care about the price.

They are usually dry and just flavored by sauce.

I don't understand the fascination of paying over a dollar for a piece of a wing that really does not have a lot of meat on it as wings go.

The crazy part is I love wings and would eat them 3 or 4 days a week no problem, nothing like a good air fried full wing.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Go-to = The Greedy Chicken at Railway Heights. Try Peaky Grinders while you're there.

14. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I'm a fan of Sticky's Chicken in Sawyer Yards. Plus they have great trash frys. I'll try out Greedy Chicken next, tho!

Ziggy and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If you're looking to save some money on overpriced wings, just go buy a bag o' wings from the grocery store, deep fry, oven-bake, air fry, etc. them and douse them with your favorite sauce (because we all know that's why 95% of us eat them). Buy BW3's sauces by the bottle if you must. Or hell, be creative - make your own sauce. Seriously. They're wings. They're not that hard to "make". BW3 gets their wings from Tyson, just like you (well, theirs probably aren't frozen -- not sure).

I remember when Plucker's opened years ago in the DFW area and I tried them -- they were nasty. lol. Everyone and their mother did the usual "they're the greatest wings ever! I used to eat them in Austin!" I don't think I ever went back. Maybe I should give them another shot one day since they had just opened, but I haven't had chicken wings in a loooong time.

16. Xerobull

Pluckers is pretty gross and pricey.

17. Buck Turgidson

This guy gets it.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Anyone tal'mbout PLUCKERS or Buffalo Wildt Wingz or whatever Charlie Pallilo (does he have a job still? lulz) used to market does NOT get it.

WE GET IT - you can make wings at home. CUTE.

BUT. You can also buy some awesome wings.

And. You can also potentially buy some **** wings at WING ZONE (or whatever) in Katy.

19. Xerobull

Nah, it's different to go. You get them cooked for you, brought to your table, and you get to interact with a frumpy, fashionless, personality-void Zoomer. Tap beer or soda fountain soda. Ranch or blue cheese in a tiny cup your wings will actually fit in, not like a bowl or just a blob of it on a plate. TVs everywhere, drunken a-holes yelling, and if you're just lucky enough, you might spot a Fatty at the bar, regaling people with tales of the 80s.

20. Buck Turgidson

Your READING compreHENSION sucks :)