1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kelly IKO - Kenyon Martin Jr. Looking for a trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

rookie wall was legit doe. he also was a great dancer

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The good thing about defense, is it doesn't mysteriously go missing in stretches unless a player actively stops trying.

verysimplejason, Nook and clos4life like this.
  3. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I think many fans will be frustrated when he gets the Sengun treatment, or worse. I don't expect him to see the court very often. Spot minutes early in the season, especially when the game is out of hand. But otherwise I think he'll spend close to half the season stashed away in the g league (with TyTy) and get more court time after the trade deadline and then towards the end of the season when we're likely playing for draft position.

4. verysimplejason

Hehe! Chuckers are those who takes shots but not score unless you are too dumb to know it. There are still traditional PGs out there. Traditional does not mean you can’t shoot. It just means you know how to pass and execute plays or better yet be the coach inside the court.

5. csc177

csc177 Member

I think Tari is different and his impact will be evident right away - similar to Tate who surprised many and played early (and even had a ball thrown at his head during practice due to his energy and ability to challenge our star at the time)

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Do we know what either of their verticals are supposed to be? I mean they both have absolutely ridiculous hops, but to my eye test I would've said KJ gets up higher than damn near anybody I've seen at that height. If Jalen's vertical's 51 then what's KJ's?!

7. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

KJM vertical from the combine was 38.5. While I haven’t seen anything official on Jalen Green, I read that he had a 44” vertical. The combine record is 48” by Keon Johnson.

Corrosion and Dobbizzle like this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

This is how fairy tales are made I guess ... not sure what to believe. I wonder what the human limit to verticality really is? Still fascinating to read and discuss.

Bo6, Richie_Rich, FrontRunner and 3 others like this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This dude used to play basketball. I wonder what he would have become if he was born in the US.

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

That's absurd! Mind boggling really.

Nook and Easy like this.
  11. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The article I saw where the guy referenced Jalen's vertical was pretty random and was not what I would consider reliable.

Also, measurements at the combine are a standing vertical, which would generally not be as high as a running vertical (or measuring a jump in game where the player leaps out of a run).

Corrosion and Verbal Christ like this.
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You're right. Needing a standardized way to test makes sense. During actual games the only players employing a "standing vertical" would probably be old school center types. I would bet most contested shots and blocks result from a running jump. Maybe not. All I know is that Jalen Green can jump REALLY HIGH and its not really that big a deal to dissect it down to a certain point for me. Just another cool anecdote.

Corrosion, Dobbizzle and BigM like this.
  13. Bo6

Bo6 Member

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's odd to me that he's playing so much. I hope Tate's return leads to a reduction in KJM's minutes and not Eason's minutes.

Btw, when the hell is Tate returning?

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Two high flyers.

DD

16. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fixed that for you

Corrosion, BHannes2BHonest and Easy like this.
  17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That works too

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Gary Bird should not even be playing anymore, even if Tate does not come back any time soon. As long as Eason's minutes are not reduced, I don't care what happens with Tate/KMJ.

Easy and Plowman like this.
  19. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

KMJ and Gordon to the Lakers in a 3 way trade that gets us 1st rounders in return. Win win.

topfive and Plowman like this.
  20. a time to chill

Martin has more upside literally and figuratively than Tate. Also, I wasn't sold on Eason at first, but the man should be starting with Martin playing in the second unit. Eason's numbers are insane especially when it comes to rebounding.