1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Is circumcision gender affirming? or just plain and simple gender mutilation?

Just curious.

cdastros likes this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m having the best year financially I’ve had in my life. I will admit that much of that has little
    to do with the Biden Presidency and to be fair I did well most of the time under Trump. I also did well the last few years under Obama.

I think presidents get too much credit for when the economy is doing great and too much blame when it’s bad. Where I think Biden’s policies have directly affected the economy was the CARES act which did provide enough stimulus to jump start the economy out of COVID. It also contributed to inflation. Longterm infrastructure and government investment in US technology will provide big benefits to the US economy.

Infrastructure is almost always a good investment and can hedge against inflation as it increases productivity. Even Trump knew this while he had so many “Infrastructure weeks”
    But Biden actually got it done.

Rileydog likes this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn’t be shocked if the GOP considers Oz a lost cause and shifts funding to races they think they have a better chance of winning.

There’s still a lot of time though and things could change in PA. It Oz so far has been on a downward trajectory.

4. No Worries

Rs trying to tighten the Ohio Senate race ...

5. No Worries

[​IMG]

ROCKSS, jiggyfly, Andre0087 and 2 others like this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Dear lord, she's gross.

[​IMG]

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nook and ROCKSS like this.
  8. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

100% agree. A sitting president has minuscule effect on worldwide inflation, fuel prices, food prices, and the broader economy (short of starting or ending a war). And 100% right on the CARES act in both directions, as well as infrastructure. The most recent legislation is debatable, but I think overall it has mostly good in it. But that’s a conversation for the adult table.

I’m just speaking Trump to a Trumper. Granted, it is idiotic, simplistic and many respects just factually wrong. But it’s a language he understands.

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

did you miss the last two years? Covid deniers are the dipshits who in 2020 thru 2021 said it’s just like a common cold or flu and people just don’t need to worry about it … you know, when we didn’t have therapeutics like paxlovid. Like hey, just carry on, go for “herd mentality” … remember that brilliant one?

these are the dipsh-t who ranted and railed when teachers, who demographically were/are disproportionately higher risk than the general population, were worried about getting Covid and didn’t want to teach in person. The very teachers you seem to want to denigrate when you don’t seem to have any kids of school age anymore.

yeah, teachers are the problem. They should be willing to teach while dealing with Covid denying parents, people telling them what to teach and not teach, People accusing them of teaching CRT when it’s not happening and those very people can’t even articulate what CRT is, and oh by the way, teachers should also be required to be trained with firearms and be willing to stand in front of someone with an AR-15.

yes, let’s blame the teachers.

Finally, yes Covid originated in China. That is the one factually correct thing you have said (open question whether it was from a lab, but we won’t ever find out).

It’s kind of fun to see when trumpers just can’t keep it in anymore and feel the need to say “China disease” or “China flu” or my personal favorite “the Kung fu”. It’s like you want to send some bit of Trumpy fury out there, but for some reason hesitate to go all in. Interesting mindset and approach really. Like Elsa said in Frozen (if it’s not too gay for you to have watched), Let it go, let it go, don’t hold back any more.

10. raining threes

Until recently I did have a kid in school. Are you saying the current education system is working? Using the voucher system isn't disrespecting teachers, in fact it incentives teachers to be the best they can be. Right now that isn't the case. Your police/fire analogy is an apples, oranges comparison. I find it hard to believe anybody would be happy with the status quo when it comes to the current education system, as we fall further behind the rest of the world. The current education system is just another example of what happens when you put governmental bureaucrats in charge. Let the dumbing down of America continue and remember I'm from a family of teachers also and this has nothing to do with the GOP/Dems/Trump. This problem has gone on for yrs and I think it's by design, if you can control education you can control the mindset and therefore can control the people. It's the globalists main objective. I can see you've fully bought in.

Nook and King1 like this.
  11. CCorn

CCorn Member

It actually was good according to her. Each school specialized in something. One was the arts school, one was the Stem school, one was good prep for medical related careers etc.

The district was still able to provide transportation throughout the district to all schools so no one had to depend on a parent to take them to school.

But keep in mind, Maryland spends nearly 2x as much money on public education than a state like texas. I couldn’t see Texas being able to afford the busing portion unless they raised taxes.

Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Scary that idiot is around and teachers (he's probably lying though)

13. King1

FranchiseBlade liking every pro democratic post per usual

raining threes likes this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. Since that is the party of the two choices, I hope wins, I will do that.

King1 pretending like a normal move is something bizarre or troublesome per usual.

15. raining threes

I think it's been proven that Fauci was lying and profiting off of COVID. The CDC was either lying or incompetent, I'm guessing a little bit of both.

If doctors, nurses, construction workers and many other professions have to deal with the ramifications of Covid, why didn't teachers? You must be a teacher. As far as the CRT, sex ed etc... crap goes, let's just go back to teaching the 3R's that seemed to work out well for decades. Are you against basing school curriculum on the 3 R's?

As far as COVID/China goes, facts are just that, facts. Facts don't have political persuasions.

16. raining threes

Enjoy the economic misery and government control over your life.

King1 likes this.
  17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

We disagree on both of those issues and where the parties stand.

1. Which party supports the removal of rights involving women's healthcare?
    2. Which party's governors prevents businesses and organizations from setting their own rules and agenda and running the businesses as they see fit in accordance with the wishes of their customers?

The answer is of course, The Republican Party.

VooDooPope likes this.
  18. King1

A normal move? The content of the posts is irrelevant to you. You'll like anything a dem posts

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I explained why it was relevant to me. Best of luck to you.

20. King1

Wasn't much of an honest explanation. Best of luck to you too though

FranchiseBlade likes this.