1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Manhattan DA's investigation into the Trump Co's Finances

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Mar 19, 2021.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I didn't vote for him. Don't ASSume.

I defended Trump because knew he wasn't Russian double agent and I was right so just stop responding. Furthermore because of all the collusion stupidity Democrats set themselves up for election fraud stupidity. Collusion claims were just as ridiculous.

Because I defend Trump on that or legal issues doesn't mean I support his politics. I'm so open borders I don't believe in borders. They are a thing of the past. The economy is global. We don't have to protect our natural resources, just one issue I'm very anti Republican

Don't run around saying I voted for someone unless I tell you I voted for them. I can separate politics, personal feelings, from other issues

deb4rockets likes this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I apologize for assuming you were a Trump voter. I really mean that.

I do agree with you that I never thought he was a Russian double agent either. He's too stupid for that role first of all. I think Putin just knows how to stroke Trump's ego enough to get him to do as he wishes. Trump is an easy mark for Putin, and I don't doubt for a second Trump would bend over backwards for him again if he won.

pgabriel likes this.
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Thanks

I do tend to get too dug into some things and like this topic, because I have defended Trump on other non political topics I tend to go all out on everything

That being said I think the NY Attorney General is trying to make a name for herself. I have never liked Trump, since way before Obama Kenya stupidity. I think he is a jerk and I've thought so since first seeing him in his tabloid days. I don't know if he is really racist but his rhetoric about Hispanics is deplorable

Back to legal issues, I think people are too caught in his debt issues. He is a real estate person at the end of the day, he isn't liquid. He has to borrow. At the same time, his family owns large buildings. He isn't Bernie Madoff. When I worked in banking. I viewed real estate as very simple. You own a commercial building for rent, it pays for itself or it doesn't. Either in this or another thread I was making the point that I don't see how a bank can be defrauded on real estate,everyone can see if a building exists and if it's valuable

Lastly, I got caught before January 6 saying no one would follow this guy In a coup in a thread saying he would attempt a coup if he lost and I would have hoped to who have learned my lesson about the lengths he would go to. I still claimed that things just got out of hand but in reflection after listening to his rhetoric especially on Jan 6th , he definitely deserves jail time for the riot and considering lives were threatened I think the people who have been convicted so far have gotten off light.

The environment created by Republicans of distrust of elections is only getting worse. They see Democrat voters as ignorant and it's not even about lies as much as its about thinking others don't deserve the right to vote. This is the Rush Limbaugh legacy and its dangerous.

deb4rockets likes this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not a double agent but clearly Trump was compromised by Russia - he owes them so much money ....that he can't go against them......

DD

5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yeah, scary stuff.

6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Probably, but he wants to stay in power forever like these guys he loves so much...

Screenshot_20220427-175614.png
    Screenshot_20220427-180124.png

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't see how anyone can defend him.

DD

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I wrote this, then was going to let it go, then you wrote the second post

This is the type of noise that makes me fly off the handle in favor of Trump. He owes what to Russia? What has Russia given him? What so much money? What has he used Russian money for?

You're a nice guy. I don't like criticizing you on things like intelligence because you're very accomplished but you have made statements like this since I can remember since your politics were more right leaning.

This was how i knew collusion was not real. This is why I fly off the handle. Trump is the first reality star, literally. Way before The Apprentice, before reality television this guy was always in tabloids. He was never accused of anything having to do with Russia. It's completely made up. Please stop saying stuff like that. Everything he does is public as he has no shame even his actual crimes

He owns substantial real estate, it's funded by substantial debt. Even though his company isn't public, his debt is well documented.

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. adoo

adoo Member

wishful thinking / speculation .
    , only to be superseded by this latest development​

Trump Organization ex-CFO nears plea deal in NY tax fraud case

[​IMG]
    The long-time financial chief of former President Donald Trump's namesake real estate company is expected to plead guilty in New York on Thursday in a tax fraud case;.

Allen Weisselberg could be required to testify against the company, which is also charged in the case, the person said. He is expected to be sentenced to five months in jail, the person added.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is yet another frustrating situation. It’s obvious that Trump approved the benefits to Weisselberg and he should be inducted as a co-conspirator with him. The prosecutors seem to be either way too cautious here or simply unwilling to address the obvious out of fear of political fallout.

Amiga and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. adoo

adoo Member

Trump Organization sentenced to maximum fine following tax fraud conviction

Judge Juan Merchan imposed the maximum sentence and scolded the defense for continuing to blame the company's accountant for the fraud.

In addition to the fine, the Trump Organization faces potential collateral consequences that could be more severe if banks call in loans or business partners cancel contracts due to internal clauses that prohibit doing business with felons.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The company will pay a fine of just over $1.6 million.
    ______

Ouchie.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. Xopher

Xopher Member

FIFY