1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You know who really doesn't want to teach your kids sex ed???

F-ing teachers.

But when your kids decide to wack off in the bathroom, and you are too busy hitting on the beer cart girl at the golf court to come get your kid, teachers are stuck taking care of your kid, and have to explain to the kid why they are in trouble, and ultimately prepare for the meeting you'll have with the teacher and principle later on when you tell the principal and the teacher that your kid is a saint, and it's really their fault that your kid is a deviant.

And if you don't like public schools that protect themselves from nutcase parents, you are free to put your kid in a private school. Nobody said you have to put your kid in a public school just as nobody said you also have to abort your children, and nobody said you have to stop going to church on Easter and Christmas eve so you can call yourself a Christian and be a judgmental prick.

You want to be the party of "personal responsibility" then you can be personally responsible for taking your kid out of public school. Have fun watching your kid play 1A football, and being asked to fund raise for your school every other day.

Phillyrocket and jiggyfly like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not true for all teachers. my daughter is in her fourth year of teaching, three years in Oakland CA as an 8th grade science teacher and now teaching 6th grade in AK. She would love eventually to be teaching health exclusively.

3. dobro1229

See that's just it. Which would you say your daughter is more aligned with:

A. Wanting to indoctrinate students to start changing their genitalia and to groom children to become trafficked by George Soros and Hillary

or

B. Wanting to teach children how to take care of their bodies from a physical and nutritional standpoint because she wants the next generation to be healthier, and for the social lifestyle of Americans to be much more healthy, clean, and free from disease??

Now what do you think right wingers who watch FoxNews, and listen to Alex Jones think about your daughter when Alex Jones tells them that he knows of a young woman in California who teaches health in public schools?? Do you think that listener automatically thinks your daughter is and A or a B???

But to the point of what your daughter wants as a teacher... she probably cares about the subject of health and wants to teach health just as my wife care about Theatre and wants to teach theatre. However she really really doesn't want to have to address to parents why their kid got suspended from one-act play because they sexually harassed another student, and that student and their parents denied it, and the student blames the teacher because he never thought it was sexual harassments. This is the kind of stuff teachers deal with all the damn time, and sometimes the sex ed explanations are there to protect the kids, and also protect the teachers when this crap happens.

FYI: It's awesome that your daughter wants to teach health, and I'm sure you are a supportive father to her. I know it's conflicting for my father in law too when he talks all the talking points about public schools in front of us, and my wife is like WTF... but we know he cares and i'm sure you do too deep down in there. My take is that the more people actually get to know actual teachers, the more this issue will go away on its own over time... hopefully.

jiggyfly and raining threes like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I'm not really worried about right wingers who watch Fox News. I also don't understand those who are consumed with thoughts of right wingers who watch Fox News.

she left Oakland because of some of that stuff. Mainly she just left Oakland.

she had a great health teacher in middle school and then again in high school. Along with her athletic coaches, probably her main inspirations teaching-wise.

raining threes and Nook like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

The grifter train has started to fill up so you may not find a seat at this point.

Do you happen to be a member of the LGBTQ+ community? There are not enough black men on that train yet.... there is money to be made making some conservatives feel okay hating other groups.

Candace Owens has been really successful at it.

jiggyfly, ROCKSS and Andre0087 like this.
  6. raining threes

Wtf,

I raised my kid to be a fine young man He's the thing that I'm most proud of in life. He's got an engineering degree. So obviously you don't know a damned thing about me. But you should realize that you're the poster being the judgemental prick in this conversation.

BTW, this is the very reason why I'm for school voucher. Giving underprivileged kids the same opportunity that wealthy kids have. Believe it or not I will definitely vote for any candidate be it GOP or Dem that campaigns on getting back to the 3 R's of teaching.

7. raining threes

Quoted for truth.

Hate is a bad thing on both sides of the isle.

Nook likes this.
  8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

9. cdastros

cdastros Member

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

11. dobro1229

If your daughter taught in Texas, you better damn well believe she'd be concerned about what right wingers who watch FoxNews thought about teachers.

Here's an example of a right wing organization that funded THREE members onto my wife's school board. Those three new members make Marjorie Taylor Greene look reasonable. I'd share with you some of the social media accounts of those school board members but I don't want to dox my wife.

https://www.ksat.com/news/texas/202...exas-school-board-races-a-state-battleground/

This organization has managed to completely destroy the school district almost overnight. With a pile of wild accusations at teachers and managing to get quite a few fired over the Spring and Summer. My wife was denied being able to run Les Miserables this semester because the school board denied it because it was quote "too woke."... I'm being serious...

So yeah... if your daughter was a teacher here in Texas, you better damn well believe she'd care what FoxNews watchers in her area were believing and what these entities like "Patriot Mobile" were funding at the local level that impacts every single teacher. If you can't understand that you lack some serious empathy.

That's great. Teachers are supposed to inspire. My daughter without a hesitation says she wants to be a 1st grade teacher because she still remembers 3 years later how her 1st grade teacher was such a huge part of her life. Teachers should be rewarded for what they do... not used as political pawns to make an example of in order to push conspiracy theories.

In case you don't want to click the link above:

Nook, Phillyrocket, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  12. dobro1229

LOL. You REALLY thought I was talking about YOU PERSONALLY?? Haha.

I'm sure your kid is great, and you are a wonderful father. I was talking about hypotheticals, and what teachers deal with on a daily basis. Especially in these school districts where the boards are going nuts which are mostly suburban schools with parents who think their kids walk on water. I have no idea if your kid and you are in that category.

So chill your sh$t. And you don't need a voucher system in order to take your kid out of public schools. Take yours out now... today if you hate public schools.

jiggyfly and ROCKSS like this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

it's not so much that I can't understand that then it is that I understand I can't control it. For the most part I believe in Niebuhr's serenity prayer:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    courage to change the things I can,
    and wisdom to know the difference.
    So I try not to waste energy (again, for the most part) on things that either don't affect me directly or that are so far removed from me that it is basically pointless to worry about. Texas is a weird place, and I can't do anything about it.

14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

wow Les Miserables is controversial now? it's theatrical sedative for me... but ok

16. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I’m prospering under Biden’s wonderful administration. Multiple pieces of major legislation addressing key national priorities. A bi partisan infrastructure bill Trump failed to deliver. Covid under control; paxlovid widely available. Worldwide inflation being combatted by sound fiscal policy. Jobs way up. Market up. Expansion of NATO to the detriment of Russia. No race baiting hate speech from a sitting President. No UV lights or Clorox. Trump being hunted like a dog for his multiple crimes and misdeeds.

If you’re not prospering, perhaps it’s you? Maybe increase your earning potential by working harder or continuing education? Perhaps distance yourself from right wing echo chambers? Move to a major city where there are plenty of opportunities if you’re willing to work hard enough, like immigrants do? I’m here for you if you need any suggestions.

17. dobro1229

They said something about the mockery of the church I think. They also pitched a fit about potentially doing Frozen because apparently Disney is too controversial. It's utterly insane.

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Nah, that's not true. You won't see democrats place stickers on their cars supporting LEO nor will you see them stating stupid things like "All Blue Lives Matter". It's not even remotely close.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[​IMG]

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I can be that, what's another lie in the land of grift.

#3580 jiggyfly, Aug 18, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
    Nook likes this.