1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Midterms

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Xerobull, Jan 8, 2021.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

She spent most of her life living not in Wyoming and kind of inherited a house seat based on her last name - I'm actuallly surprised she held on as long as she did.

Also, I want to hit pause on the Liz Cheney lionizing, good for her for behaving like a normal human being when it comes to manifestly unfit Trump and not a dipshit lemming like Kevin McCarthy, and sorry she now has to wage this lonely fight tfrom the comfort of a K st office and not a Dirksen building basement, but she's literally been just insanely wrong on every single other issue for her entire life, and this wrongness on issues more or less left the Republican party in ashes from which MAGA emerged.

JeeberD, Xopher, Os Trigonum and 4 others like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Trump ended it?

No, old age and time ended it..... it has only been 40 years

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

The "swamp"?

You keep talking about this magical swamp and fail to realize you have cozied up with the biggest alligator around.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Fetterman is a very dangerous candidate to Republicans long term because he is very "normal" and relatable.

5. adoo

adoo Member

in contrast, you have the quack, whom Fetterman had nominated to the NJ Hall of Fame,

Nook likes this.
  6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

its amazing that just being 'normal' is so rare and valuable in politics

JeeberD, Nook and jiggyfly like this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Any Classified Documents from her lame duck comittees that she can pawn off?

If she aint hustlin, she aint tryin!

"Normal" in politics means they're either grounded by its sleaze or completely innocent to its corruptive effects.

Since there's little to zero enforcement on accountability, we got what we got.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

They are in a cult and they all need professional help to get out at this point. There will be no reconciliating with these people as they are merely trying to recruit the rest of us to this magical land where unicorns fly by and everyone gets free spray tans to 75% of their face. A land where you're allowed to be just as racist as one always dreamed they could be while eating well done steaks with ketchup. A land where there are no books...because they burned all of them not called the Bible or The Art of the Deal (but only the version rewritten by Roger Stone and the pillow guy).

Reeko and SamFisher like this.
  9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

he defeated Jeb and Hillary directly, and Liz Cheney by proxy

Nook likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

So?

I just don't think it is that big a deal. Jeb and Liz were very weak candidates and Hilary was as well but she has the DNC behind her.

The ones with power were Bill Clinton and the the Bush Presidents.

I think historically Trump will be significant but not for breaking the perceived dynasties of those families.... time is really what did them in.

jiggyfly and Invisible Fan like this.
  11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The Bush family is definitely a dynasty: GWB, Bush Sr., Jeb Bush, George P., and many, many others with prominent government and business positions, plus family connections to other powerful families. But, don't think the other two count as dynasties. Among the Cheneys, there's Dick Cheney and Liz Cheney. Anyone else? Among the Clintons, there's Bill and Hillary. Anyone else? The Bush family laughs at their 'dynasties'.

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Dr. Marmot Os struggling big time in Pennsylvania -- will Dr. Phil and Oprah swoop in and save his campaign?

[​IMG]

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Dems have the momentum right now. Fundraising, polls are tightening, Biden passing legislation. The republicans need to wake up and start campaigning on crime and immigration before it's too late.

15. Nook

Nook Member

A lot of people don't realize Fetterman has lost over 150 lbs over the last decade. Guy was really fat when I met him at a homeless symposium.
    [​IMG]

He also used to look like a Canarsie NY mobster.
    [​IMG]

16. Nook

Nook Member

I think the Republicans are fine honestly. It may not be the blood bath that a lot of people on both side expected, but I think the Republicans are going to make gains.

Crime and inflation I think are two areas where the Republicans can make a lot of gains, as well as a sprinkling of social issues like transgenderism etc.

The Republicans can get a lot of votes on hot social issues that are not well known or call for changes.... we are seeing DeSantis do this successfully in Florida IMO.

At some point these "hot issues" will be absorbed into the mainstream but I don't think we are there yet, regardless of what the more radical part of the Democrat party believes.

I know immigration is a really hot topic in Texas and California, and it is discussed often on more conservative media sources, but I don't think it is a winner for the Republican party as they seem to think. Most people when they put their partisan hat aside favor some level of border control, but there are just more pressing issues right now.

Invisible Fan and Astrodome like this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I didn't realize that he is a member of Antifa.

jiggyfly, ryan_98, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why Democrats are doing better they would be expected is that Biden presidency and Dem Congress are actually passing stuff including things like infrastructure that Trump kept on talking about but never delivered. More tjan that though is that so many of the GOP candidates are extremists, grifters or both.

Mastriano and Johnson are extremists. Oz and JD Vance are grifters. Kari Lake is both. All of them are trailing in races they should be up in. Walker is another case an extremist but also someone showing signs of CTE. Anyone accusing Biden of Dementia has no business supporting Walker who can’t remember how many children he has.

If Republican primary voters weren’t putting up candidates like this this very well could be a red wave.

ryan_98 and JayGoogle like this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

In any case, Clinton and Bush is a brand that has lasted far too long.

20. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I looked into him , He actually seems impressive as a Democrat and is against a lot of things that are going on and seems like someone who wants to hold both sides of the aisle accountable actually like that as someone who has moderate tendencies, For example he talked about jobs within the country making stuff here which I’m all about and getting politicians out of the stock market we don’t need Liz Cheney and Nancy Pelosi or other politicians whether Democrat or Republican getting rich thru shady stock dealings … I do worry about his health and he had a weird financial upbringing in his 40s but maybe that made him stronger as a person as well

Nook likes this.