1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[OFFICIAL] [ROBERT REICH] Liz Cheney for President 2024 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jun 13, 2022.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

name-calling monkey poo flinging

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I can't wait to see Liz go up against the Orange Duck in debates per the presidential primaries. It's a foregone conclusion that Trump would lose his debates and resort to his good old boy tactics of hurling insults coming up with new catchphrases for his cult followers to chant any chance they get.

3. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We have to lean into the man kicking us in the balls in order to move past him kicking us in the balls. Moving away from his range of motion, and emphasizing our historic ideals of personal liberty and space, would only make him want to kick us in the balls even more.

#63 mtbrays, Aug 17, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
    jo mama likes this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

There is no way he ever gets up on stage with Cheney, he will make up some excuse and the usual suspects will say it's legitimate.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Robert Reich is my most favorite Hobbit from the Clinton era.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Who on the GOP side do you think can heal the split?

Trumpism is a cancer so malignant, I don't know how they stake a neutral position on it and still "heal" the party.

8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I don't pay much attention to the Republican side, so I have no idea

9. durvasa

Oh right, I forgot.

10. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I should trademark "Lying Liz"..........or "Looney Toons Liz", he will have a name for everyone as usual. As JF said, there is no way he gets up there with her, she would tear him down and he would simply resort to name calling, lies and accusations........in other words a typical Wednesday night for the orange man. Everyone has there mind made up, the one thing that could turn the tide if and when he gets indicted.....its like a race to the finish, does he end up in jail or the WH. For what its worth I dont see ANY ex prez going to jail but it will be interesting to see this unfold. If the GOP runs trump out as the candidate and then charges are brought to him then all hell breaks loose with his crazy base. As Mick Mulvaney said, the only gop candidate that could lose to Biden is Trump and I tend to agree with that. If they trot those 2 out then its a free for all and a roll of the dice, my sliver of hope being enough saw what happened on 1.6 that were on the fence and they don't necessarily vote for for Biden but against trump

11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

who do you have in mind?

12. durvasa

I'm like you -- don't know enough. Other than a few who seem sensible and principled, like Romney, they mostly seem kind of crazy to me.

13. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Other then Liz (who has no shot) and Mitt who I believe is retiring I don't know anyone who isn't on the trump train so its his to do what he wants, Desantis is turning up his fight woke ideology which is what the base wants.........the gop caters to its base and only its base, they dont give a rats a$$ about anyone else. At least Biden has tried, but the gop doesn't really want that, and on the flip side I don't want anything to do with the gop or its crazy antics......notice I didn't say Policy because they never discuss that......just lots of nonsense and space laser theories. It will be a pooh flinging few months that will make each of us look like armatures

14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

maybe Sununu from New Hampshire. My brother went to school with one of his brothers, the family has always seemed kind of level-headed to me

Nook and durvasa like this.
  15. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I just want a good Democrat with integrity I can vote for like Tulsi Gabbard..she’s the only one for me and I still love her
    @Sweet Lou 4 2

I agree Tulsi. You are the bestest and my favorite Democrat !

#75 ROXRAN, Aug 17, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
    blue_eyed_devil likes this.
  16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. durvasa

Reading up a bit about him, he is described as a moderate Republican, but he did refer to himself as a "Trump guy". Maybe that's only way a decent Republican can make headway with GOP voters and not immediately alienate a majority of them.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

…this guy’s name is seriously Reich?

mdrowe00 likes this.
  19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Sane but extraordinarily unprincipled. like Trump. Isn't he pretending to be dumb enough to believe in and support the "Stop the Steal" bs.

Like Hawley and Cruz a living symbol of why one should not be impressed by Ivy League Law Schools.

ROCKSS, mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Tulsi, the Russian propagandist. That's your hero?

She's a traitor to this country.