1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dyson Daniels

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Clutch, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

After reading about him earlier in the season, I prayed he wouldn't suck because the 1 joke would be endless.

dmoneybangbang and eman like this.
  2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sweeeeeet... he can dunk now?!

roslolian, dmoneybangbang and D-rock like this.
  3. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

I think he's a good fit with the KPJ + Green backcourt. Playing next to Scoot Henderson showed how he fits as a smart, quick connective passer and cutter next to an on-ball scoring guard. On defense he guards 1-3, maybe 4 once he develops.

I think he'll struggle a bit if he's immediately put into a pure on-ball PG role against NBA level defenders, but he checks a lot of boxes as a traditional PnR operator. Vision. Patience. Doesn't get sped up by defenders. Can make midrange/paint shots if the defense drops on him. His potential as both an on and off-ball playmaker is interesting and affords for some interesting lineups and action.

The shot is shaky and could mitigate any offensive advantage he brings. The FT% is also worrying. But we've seen guys learn to shoot, and his form isn't broken.

He can definitely boost his stock even more pre-draft since shooting can be fixed outside of live game situations. Pre-season, who would have thought that he'd be the first Ignite guy drafted ahead of Hardy?

4. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I'd love to have him with the Brooklyn pick, but I'm not sure if he'll still be available at the 17th spot. Then again, I thought Al-P was going to go in the top 10 last draft so I really know nothing

D-rock likes this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Top 5 players of the 2022 draft?

[​IMG]

Dyson.

6. i3artow i3aller

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Hopefully, he gets measured at the combine. He's listed at 6'6 by the G-league, while also being reported to be 6'7 and 6'8. Meanwhile, Jalen was listed at 6'6 by the G-League and got officially measured at 6'4 by the Rockets.

So right now Dyson can be anywhere between 6'4 - 6'8 lol

jcmoon, dmoneybangbang and D-rock like this.
  8. TheBeastSystem

More specifically.

Australia is a hotbed of playmaker prospects.

D-rock likes this.
  9. H. Christopher

Top 5 buzz now

roslolian likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

I take him over Shaedon any day.

H. Christopher likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

@Clutch

You said you have been following him a lot.

He won't be there at 17.... he has a good shot going in the top half of the lottery, but on the off chance the Rockets trade down he could be in play.

What is your view of him as a prospect?

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I want to say Clutch had him 10th on his board on the Locked on Rockets Podcast (6-10 picks). https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...-spots-6-10-part/id1135563666?i=1000559085476

At 24 minute mark, @Clutch talks about Dyson Daniels.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

"Starting to generate some top-five pick buzz."

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He seems like the type of player you would want next to green? or am i wrong

j@amc likes this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

Especially if he reaches most of his potential as a point wing that can play defense and be a decent shooter/scorer. A Green/Daniels/Jabari would be a great fit and still have a lot of potential. Green/Daniels/Banchero wouldn't be a great fit without tailoring the team as that's a lot of players who will need that ball in their hands, but still could be a lethal trio.

j@amc likes this.
  16. i3artow i3aller