1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A New Hope: Kamala Harris

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mr.Scarface, Nov 11, 2016.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So any generic platitudic statement with hundreds of examples from the likes of Reagan, Clinton, Obama, Bush etc?

So what was confusing about it and what was uniquely stupid about it that makes it so odd and singled out relative to any other myriad of generic platitudes expressed by politicians on a daily basis?

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What I said before.

3. fchowd0311

I'm assuming this is your tell of "this isn't a hill I'm going to die on. It's just a knee jerk reaction for me to agree when someone frames a narrative that 'Kamala stupid' and I just went along with it. Don't think too much into what I just typed. It's just my typical reactionary self. Carry on".

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Word Salad is to Democrats as ________ is to Republicans

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

No, I described before what she did. Then you asked the same dumb question again that you had already asked before.

You're welcome.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

word salad

I'm sure there are examples of Republicans having said similarly stupid things.

The thing in that clip is that she really literally says nothing, but in a weirdly pompous way. Like someone who is not very bright, but is desperately trying to sound bright.

7. fchowd0311

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "nothing" and what makes her statement uniquely "nothing" (I'm assuming you mean platitudic) in reference to the thousands of platitudes expressed by the likes of Reagan, Bush, Clinton Obama etc?

I just don't get what makes her comment her something worthy of posting on Twitter as an example of Harris being "dumb" or "unqualified"?

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Answer I had in mind was badge/flag humping. Boot-licking, perhaps,

9. fchowd0311

She saying that the US needs to invest in future tech in reference to energy systems because that's how nations gain leverage and become market leaders.

It's a generic platitude but I easily understood what she said and politicians say generic obvious things all the time.

And btw it must really sting that she's more well read than you, more educated and has more career accomplishments. I understand when the person I'm ideologically opposed to is smart. I'll never acuse Ted Cruz of being dumb or DeSantis. You seem like the type that will just use "she dumb" to any woman you ideologically disagree with.

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

DeSantis seems pretty smart to me. Ted Cruz doesn't seem very intelligent to me. Very insincere and insecure, not very bright.

11. fchowd0311

Okay that's nice. In no way would I consider Harris "dumb". There is nothing for me to believe that she's "dumb". She is ambitious and I don't like her record as a prosecutor. But dumb isn't something I would label Harris. I guess you and I just have a different understanding of what "intelligence" is.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You and maybe 3 other people commenting on Twitter seem to have heard that in her rambling, incoherent speech. Most everyone else felt differently.

tinman likes this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I didn't call her dumb. But feel free to argue against stuff you made up yourself, as usual.

tinman likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

I mean it's obvious that is the implication of the original tweet we are debating about and you running In it's defense makes me assume you believe the tweet's message of her being " underqualified"... Whatever that means in terms of being a vice president...

So ya let's not beat around the bush and be coy. Your premise here or the narrative you want to propagate is essentially "Harris dumb".

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

Lol you aren't going to dictate reality by the agreement of a Twitter bubbled chain full of people who probably consume the same ideologically slanted media. Yes a group of people in a hive mind bubble all agree that they don't understand what she's saying because it sounds incoherent yet it took me one brief listen of her comment to fully grasp what she's saying very clearly.

I'm either the Harris whisperer or you are trying really hard not to understand a very simple statement from her to push a narrative.

"Hey honey, a bunch of people on Twitter agree with me. Did I win the internet?"

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We need a state of kamala thread.

tinman likes this.
  18. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

basso likes this.
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Not sure why the Harris thread is bumped, I'm guessing she might have said "a" as "ayy" and then switched to "ahh" in the same sentence.