1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the democratic party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'll believe it when I see it.

Texas has a knack for propping up tax dodging corporations at the expense of their citizens with its workers backing up their employer's political beliefs (petrochemicals, agriculture).

The lure of zero income tax is real, and yall aren't getting help from the Hispanic demo as they haven't become a solid voting bloc and will lean Conservative in social values.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I been waiting for RTX graphics card to b in stock to build my gaming pc. Thanks for delivering biden.

how about u cancel my student loans also while u r on a roll.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. CCorn

CCorn Member

And legalize weed

FranchiseBlade and DatRocketFan like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Is Biden pulling up for three…swish, all net?

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

yet I don’t think we will see @MojoMan @Commodore or any other trumper praising Biden.

funny, when Trump touted his subsidies and lied about creating jobs, they nearly creamed their pants.

ROCKSS and Deckard like this.
  8. CCorn

CCorn Member

9. Salvy

Salvy Member

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

This will come in handy when we start taxing churches and use the revenue to build satan statues.

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Unfortunately, the EV credits will be much more limited than they are currently. Many EVs will not be eligible any longer.

https://www.consumerreports.org/car...at-qualify-for-new-ev-tax-credit-a9310530660/

Sucks because my wife ordered a BMW i4 back in May and we're likely not going to take delivery until late 1st quarter 2023 right now. Either way, we won't be eligible for the credit once this bill becomes law. As will many other EVs that are relatively popular but don't meet all of the requirements.

jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, get them when you can.

13. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

House passes inflation reduction act, heading to Biden. Done deal.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Biden with the 360 dunk in transition?

TheFreak and jiggyfly like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Biden with the crossover stepback three?

ROCKSS and Deckard like this.
  16. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like the fact that they're targeting those who went to for-profit schools that offer so little return on investment.

If they don't want to eliminate the debt itself for other populations, maybe they could consider making all payments (not just the interest) tax deductible. I think that would be a worthy compromise.

jiggyfly, ROCKSS and Reeko like this.
  17. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have to give props to Manchin for finally taking the lead on a bill that he himself could support. He could have continued to play spoiler, which probably would have won him points with the folks back in West Virginia who oppose anything done by Biden. But he put his name on the bill and even kept mum about it until after the Chips bill was passed by the Senate, giving McConnell a rare political loss.

I still hope the Democrat party will pick up Senate seats and make Manchin and Sinema less powerful, but this bill is a real and timely victory for the Democratic party. Let's just hope they can capitalize on it in the midterms.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's really bad luck. Interesting that Honda struck a deal with GM to use their not only their batteries, but their "platform," as well, which should meet the bill's qualifications for the rebate. I've been considering getting the 2023 CR-V hybrid when it comes out (the Touring with a 12 speaker Bose sound system), but am very tempted to wait a year and buy a Prologue. From Car and Driver:

The Prologue will ride on a platform developed jointly with General Motors; it will use versions of the same Ultium battery packs as future GM EVs, including the Blazer EV with which the Prologue appears to share components. If the Blazer's specifications are any indication, expect a driving range of around 250–320 miles per charge depending on configuration. Honda’s Acura luxury brand is also expected to offer a version of the Prologue, which is likely to bear the name ADX.

https://www.caranddriver.com/honda/prologue

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'll need a Walker shimmy from Biden soon to ensure the public knows all the democrats have done in his less than 2-years in presidency. Hope the democrats go hard on the messaging in these midterms. They've certainly had a lot of legislative victories.

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]