1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

thinking of cutting the cord

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bronxfan, Apr 15, 2020.

1. what

what Member

The only real way to cut the cord is saying no to streaming and cable altogether.

Buy your entertainment and use sirus xm for your sports.

For me, the only thing I could not cut the cord on — that I wanted to — was having a smart phone, although I limited my internet to my current plan, which is $35 a month. Was just too difficult to get things done without at least some internet. I have an iPhone mini though and all I use it for is p*rn and eBay and online shopping and health related stuff.

If I could find a way to get rid of the internet altogether I would.

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Television is not terrible, and since when is rewatching old **** a great idea for entertaining?

It's fine if you don't care, but don't act like you are not missing out on a lot of great programming.

4. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I still have the Disney+ bundle, netflix, and prime video. Plus internet obviously (but I'd have that if I had cable). OTA antenna for Texans games if I get time to watch. Still comes out cheaper than cable and more than enough entertainment. Never got into the Starz, HBO, etc. programs.

5. what

what Member

Everything is released on dvd. So if I want to watch something I could.
    Plus, dvds have special features a lot of the time.
    But again, I probably have not watched broadcast tv in 8 years or more. Many things get boring quick.
    I watched a season and a half of Ted Lasso before it got stupid and the writers had no story left to tell.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

what

ATXNekko, Invisible Fan and Uprising like this.
  7. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

What does this mean? Can I watch Rockets games via Sirius?

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Someone recommended Black Bird on Apple+. It's a 6 episode mini-series about a convict's effort to befriend a serial killer and make him expose the location of his victims.

It's decent and well acted, but I'm getting to the point where serial killer shows disturb me more than entertain me. I'm not sure if I made it past the first season of Mindhunter

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm not sure if @what is trolling for sad sack attention, but this is the golden age of TV buddy.

I don't even watch that many non-geeky shows, but there's so much to choose from. You can even start watching Korean shows with subs on grey sites if you're hella cheap.

No need to dig up the red, yellow, white cables with the HDTV converter to spin up the DVD player...

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No everything is not released on DVD, you are missing out on a lot of new great entertainment.

If you don't care about those shows, that's ok, but don't act like you are not missing out on a lot of great TV.

I agree that things get boring quick, but that is nothing new, and the same has happened with the shows you get on DVD.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Interesting.

I would like a miniseries like that and I loved Mindhunter, I wish there were more shows like that, shows that get into the minutia and not just about how grisly I can make the kill.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I can't stand watching horror/psycho stuff. I don't get the appeal. I was even surprised I liked the movie Prometheus. I guess I just liked the concept enough to watch it. I doubt I'll ever watch any other Predator/Alien movies, though.