1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A New Hope: Kamala Harris

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mr.Scarface, Nov 11, 2016.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Someone has to implement a WORDLE test for Vice President
    They can't use the same word twice or three times

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

related

6 touching stories about Mister Rogers' impact on fans (today.com)

After a 5-year-old blind girl wrote a letter to Rogers asking him to tell her when he fed his fish, Rogers began narrating the feeding of his goldfish in every episode.

The fish story appears in "Dear Mister Rogers, Does it Ever Rain in Your Neighborhood?" a collection of letters received by Rogers from children throughout his career, and his replies. The book reads:

"One girl and her family wrote to tell us there was a special reason why she wanted me to talk about feeding the fish each day."

"Dear Mister Rogers, Please say when you are feeding your fish, because I worry about them. I can’t see if you are feeding them, so please say you are feeding them out loud. Katie, age 5."

"(Father’s note: Katie is blind, and she does cry if you don’t say that you have fed the fish.)"

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lol at anyone supporting Kamala Harris

tinman likes this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Why is the press focusing on Trump stealing secret nuclear documents and hiding them at mar a Lago and selling them to foreign actors when we still have the Kamala Harris wired earphones controversy to discuss?

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

How many football fans do you know that buy the jersey's of the backup quarterback?? The VP just plays a support role. I don't know why this is so hard for the media to understand. There's really nothing to talk about with Kamala... and that's fine. Let Brandon do his thing, and help be a partner and spend time getting votes in the Senate.

The stuff the VP is working on isn't controversial, and sexy but is still important stuff like this:

https://www.space.com/vp-kamala-harris-commercial-space-industry

If she's able to work on future issues like this, and lays the groundwork for international coalitions to be built to get something like this done in the coming years, that's great. It's the non-sexy but important stuff VP's are supposed to be doing. If they are in the news, it's usually not a good thing.

8. adoo

adoo Member

in the wake of unprecedented legislative successes in the first 2 years of the Biden presidency, as well as the steady decline in gas prices and the killing of the Al Queda leader, haters avoid talking about POTUS.
    so, they've opted to move the goalpost targeting the VPOTUS

btw, "popularity vanishes" suggests that she was popular at one time. everyone not living in a cave knows that Harris has never been popular

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That's touching, but aren't you sort of comparing these grown non-binary people to little kids? This story is sweet because she is a little girl. If she was a grown woman making the same request, our reaction would be very different.

ROXRAN likes this.
  10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I'm not understanding your point... can you explain again?

The post there is simply about Mr. Roger narrating for the visually impaired. Harris was doing that when she was narrating for her audience who were visually impaired.

How to Interact with A Person Who is Visually Impaired (mo.gov)

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Sorry, I missed that part of the story. I thought you were comparing that to her declaring her pronouns.

Amiga likes this.
  12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

She was declaring her pronouns to the visually impaired sitting in front of her. It's appropriate for her audience.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's common to do that in a work setting now. Maybe people are seething because it is?

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

yea, I’m seeing more of it at my workplace but it’s not that common

really who give a damn either way… let’s people express themselves in whatever way they want to

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Kamala might be the most awkward dork VP since HW Bush.

/shrugs

16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't get the criticism here?

#497 fchowd0311, Aug 16, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
    Xerobull likes this.
  18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Thinly veiled misogyny. Which is the GOP jam.

FranchiseBlade and fchowd0311 like this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Like I sincerely don't get it especially reading the Twitter comments. They seem so confused about the point she's making. To me it's simple. America needs to be the leaders in investing in new technology (I'm assuming energy systems is the premise) because that's how nations corner a market and become market leaders and that's how they generate leverage. You don't want China to be market leaders in energy storage systems in the future right? It's a very obvious non confusing message where I'm lost where the confusion comes from?

@Os Trigonum can you explain the confusion?

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

She basically said nothing. It was completely useless gibberish, in a tone that was meant to sound important. You're welcome.

basso and King1 like this.