1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Rockets will be under 0.500 in 2022-23 season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ankara1923, Aug 6, 2022.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Anyone hoping for a season anywhere close to .500 from THIS team THIS year is in for a very rude awakening.

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am a dreamer. If Rockets are still lottery bound after this season, I am going to stop watching the NBA.

Hakeemtheking and Ankara1923 like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

There’s nothing to figure out. The rockets will be lucky to even get to 25 wins. It’s that’s simple

Corrosion and groovemachine like this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

@Ubiquitin after the Rockets draft Victor next summer:

[​IMG]

5. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

The team is so young that they could score 115 a game, show great improvement individually and defensively, and still lose 2/3 of their games. Experience wins in the Association, a good year will be 27-55 or optimistically 28-54.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Bullshit. And bad English.

CXbby and Ankara1923 like this.
  7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Sorry if I am missing your sarcasm.... but wow.

If the Rockets are anywhere near. 500 it is a massive overachieving and cause for serious celebration because everything has come up trumps.

You win games in the NBA by having vets and at least one player who is really quite good (all star level).

We have no vets and no all stars. Unfortunately people have overly high expectations of our 20ish year olds...

8. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

If you say Rockets can't score 115 it's a different issue but if you accept Houston can and might finish 28-54 at best, it is not convincing.

Last year only 3 teams scored 115 points (Minnesota, Memphis and Charlotte) and seasons finished 46-36,56-26 and 43-39.

If we decrease to 113 ppg, only 1 team finished under 0.500,Spurs, 34-48.

At the final 10 games last season Houston scored 115.2 ppg and conceded 118.4 in a full tank mode, sidelining veterans. Everyone was begging to lose the games. No one minded refs' Mickley Mouse calls. Motto was "lose, lose, lose".

Anyway, I just wait for the season to witness whether KPJ/Green/Jabari/Sengun and Gordon/Tate will be worse than closing chapter of the last season or not. Hope not.

groovemachine likes this.
  9. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Even if you think this team is as good as the KD-Westbrook-Harden thunder, we’re still a year off from ending the season over .500.

KD and Russ were 21, Harden was 20 (rookie season) when the thunder made the 8 seed.

In comparison, this is Jalen Greens age 20 season, and Jabari Smith’s age 19 season.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

God I hope so.

11. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Silly that you even have to ask but I will tell you anyways.
    Stephen Silas.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  12. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Why?
    Foul trouble and rookie inexperience +/- sore thigh/quad/shoulder/wrist

13. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Engine breaking you mean.

14. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Engine breaking is a driving term, not sure what it means in this context.

I agree with you this team has a lot of talent and I am super excited for the season to start. I think Stone has done a great job as GM overall. I just don't think Silas is a good enough coach to get a super fresh team to above 500. He has one year left on his contract and I am assuming he will get the entire year to prove us wrong, hopefully he does.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  15. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You probably sleep with him, which explains why you got so emotional and defended his honor like this.

16. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Will the Rockets and Texans win percentages combined be higher than the Astros this year?

Vegas has Rockets at .299 and the Texans at .265, totalling .564. The Astros are currently at .647 but another 4-5 Rocket wins or 2 Texan wins should put them over.

17. TheBeastSystem

bad rotations and another bad player or two added to our roster with wcs

send the kids to rgv

play wcs tate nwaba and kj together

wcs and tate in crunch time

encourage kpjr to ballhog

help wcs broaden out his game by getting him to shoot 3's...clank

have garrison defend at the point..

going to be easy to lose 55+

#77 TheBeastSystem, Aug 15, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
  18. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Defense wins games, in the NBA everybody can score. Defense has to be learned year after year. Vets are generally better team defenders even if they aren't strong iso defenders. They are usually in the correct position, know what the other teams/players want to do on offense and how to help take it away. I agree the young guys will improve on offense some and even on defense some but this is a very young team. The experienced teams will find ways to get stops down in the 4th quarter and close out games. The young guys will struggle most nights and that's fine they'll learn and get better. The Rockets most likely get a top 4 pick again. Next year this team should be ready to talk about a winning season and not have us experienced NBA followers roll our eyes at big talk about winning.

19. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Rockets destroyed Spurs and easily won Raptors game without Sengun-Jabari-Gordon.

After watching these 2 preseason games I ask again: "How Rockets will be under 0.500 this season?".Intentional losing, starting Nix and Gary Bird,sending Jabari&Tari to G-League,provoking KPJ and JGreen to stab each other,..How?

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  20. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

just dont see it, i dunno what basketball you are watching but this high level exciting stuff, make the playin for sure, hell why not second round and make people like you realize the bad decision they have made in their lives ;)

Ankara1923 likes this.