1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New York Times: Hillary Clinton illegally used private email for all State Dept. business

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Mar 2, 2015.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Bengahzi lock her up deflect deflect deflect.

Typical trumpsters. The gop had all the time in world to lock her up, couldn't catch her doing jack sht.

2. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I did not bump this thread.

but it's true, that while I loathe trump, hillary is loathier.

what a tragedy for this country that they were the two primary choices in '16.

don't blame me
    I voted for the pothead who didn't know where Syria was

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No Worries and Invisible Fan like this.
  4. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t recall Kushner being investigated on it so we’re not exactly sure what things he was discussing or documents he was sharing. Perhaps the FBI should’ve carried out an investigation on it if we wanted equal application of the law.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I haven't gone back to find again my own participation in this thread, but I was in fact upset about Clinton's (and many other high officials') mishandling of government records. I withheld my vote from Clinton over the email server even though I thought she was otherwise a generally acceptable candidate and better than Trump in any case. I voted write-in. So, I don't think there is anything at all hypocritical or partisan about now turning my wrath on Trump over similar violations of the public trust.

pgabriel likes this.
  7. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

Didn't know what Aleppo was.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I only read the first few pages and you made a point that employers expect you to use the company email for anything job related.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's good for the sucker business NOT to lock her up lol.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm not sure that the violations Trump is being accused of are "similar", though. It's fine to bring up her emails and compare the alleged violations that are or were being investigated. But it's too easy to assert there's a double-standard because of some superficial similarities in the two cases while ignoring all the potential differences.

Comparing Hillary Clinton’s emails and Donald Trump’s boxes of files - Poynter

Bradley Moss, a Washington-based lawyer who works on national security cases, said the cases of Clinton and Trump are significantly different.

“Trump took properly marked hard copy classified documents from the White House, shipped them to Florida, and stored them in an unsecured location at his residence,” Moss said.

The presence of classified information in Clinton’s emails was less obvious.

“The e-mails were never marked as classified because these were communications from unclassified government accounts,” Moss said.

In three instances, email chains included information with classification markers. It was never clear that Clinton was aware of the presence of that marked information, or if the classification marking was clear.

Marked information is not to be confused with emails containing unmarked information that could be deemed classified. That is a looser definition, and one that can be applied retroactively. Thomas Blanton, director of the National Security Archive at George Washington University, said in one case, an email in one chain forwarded a front-page New York Times story about a drone strike. Under its rules, the CIA called that classified, Blanton said.

When classified information was clearly involved, Blanton said Clinton’s “briefings were on a different system, a classified Blackberry that was managed by State Department IT people.”

Clinton’s emails included moments when staffers wrote that for them to go into more detail, they would need to switch to a secure classified State Department system.

Moss cautioned that while some documents at Mar-a-Lago were clearly marked as classified, many questions remain, such as “where the records were originally located, who boxed them up, when Trump became aware of the existence of the records at Mar-a-Lago, and what, if any, efforts Trump took to rectify the situation once he was informed.”

The answers to those questions, he said, would help determine if anyone could be held criminally liable, and whether Trump himself faces any legal risk.

As for the personal emails that Clinton erased, the FBI said its investigation might have found some of them. Overall, the agency said it was reasonably confident that there was no intentional misconduct.

No Worries likes this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

A few points on this response:

-It's not true that no steps were taken to protect SCOTUS judges like Kavanaugh. Even Congress passed a bill to help out Beer Bong Brett.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...ide-security-supreme-court-justices-rcna33427

-"Charges Should Have Been Brought" reg Hillary/Emails -

That's just my point, in this country the prosecutors get to judge whether or not a case is likely to get a conviction, and make a prosecutorial decision. I agree with Comey that no reasonable prosecutor would stick their neck out to prosecute her... mostly because the system is setup that way with assumed impartial jurors which was the issue with Hillary, and would be with Trump. For that same reason no reasonable prosecutor will desire to bring charges against Trump knowing it's impossible to get 12 impartial jurors.

But yes... Hillary probably did commit some crimes along the lines of classification of documents, but it would be impossible to prove intent to the level that needed to be established to win the case.

And LETS BE CLEAR... the level of sensitivity in the documents Hillary had vs Trump literally having NUCLEAR documents at a crappy golf club in Florida.... apples and oranges in level of severity... BUT still yeah... it's a similar prosecutorial situation. Let's just please be honest about that, and also... Hillary did pay a price politically .she lost to the worst President in our nations history since maybe Andrew Johnson. A guy who makes Nixon look like a choir boy.

-Please do not shoe horn in the Mueller Report into this as a way to whataboutism. You are lightly sprinkling in disinformation about the conspiracy theories around Russia, and we don't have time to debunk conspiracy theories. If you have the intellectual curiosity, I would recommend doing some homework around the facts, and then go the Mueller report threads to go down that rabbit hole.

-I don't know what "The border" has to do with anything??? Why is there the need to deliver a poo poo platter of right wing talking points that are unrelated in every response about Trump?

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Pretty much anyone who thinks they are similar is either being intellectually dishonest or intellectually deficient. Some posters on this board are both.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You guys realize that you’re falling for the GOP misdirection here, right?

No Worries and Blatz like this.
  14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You mean the only reason Our Best Friend Hillary is living rent free in my mental AirBnB is because that grifty slumlord is making a play at selling American Secrets to the highest bidder?

16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Put both of the idiots in jail. Simple

basso likes this.