1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson to the BROWNS! Wow!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mario_v, Mar 18, 2022.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

"he pressed his genitals against Naughright's face during a foot examination"

According to wikipedia.

2. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

The fact that people got away with crappy behavior in the past should not prevent us from improving ourselves in the future. Otherwise we dont evolve. So what happened to Manning or Big Ben, while I agree unacceptable, should not be the measuring stick.

What Watson did was, in most major industries, a fire-able offense, or at least a suspendable offense. Those of you who think he deserves nothing really need to check yourselves. Just bc you wish you were the one giving him the rubdown doesnt mean you should defend his actions against these women. Its gross.

And just bc you get a cash settlement doesnt mean you made it up. It just means you're getting paid off to drop the charges.

UTSA2step and primtim24 like this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

You know what I agree. Things do evolve. Easy to pull the race card but I moreso look at evolving and doing things better now and going forward as even more important. Someone has to be made an example.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

That was only preseason as well

7. Buck Turgidson

I bet he did. No lawyer would ever let a client who is accused of having digits stuck up his ass use the word "impacted"

BMoney and Bobbythegreat like this.
  8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I’m still confused as to why the NFL can’t just impose whatever suspension they want and police their own league? Even this appeal process sounds made up as Goodall has final say on who gets to hear the appeal, etc.

9. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Bc of the collective bargaining agreement between owners and players/players association... I keep hearing people say this and it's really not that confusing.

UTSA2step and red5rocket like this.
  10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

But it still seems like a farce… the NFL is going to get the suspension they want and the weakest players union in all of sports won’t be able to do much to stop it.

11. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Right, they are likely going to get the suspension they want, because, as agreed to in the CBA, if a suspension is handed out by the arbitrator, then the NFL can appeal the length and terms, either through another arbiter, or through Roger Goddell directly.

It's a whole lot of maneuvering to arrive at the same end point, but this is what the players agreed to. I suppose it's better than the previous system in that the NFL can't appeal if the original arbitrator does not levy a suspension.

In theory, a federal court could overturn it (this is what I actually find weird), but Watson's camp would have to prove that the process was conducted incorrectly, which seems highly unlikely.

raining threes likes this.
  12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I mean, it's what they agreed to do. I agree, the NFL players union is by far the weakest. Its not a good deal, but its the deal they made. This part of the process is just as much of the agreement as the part with the independent arbiter.

People are acting like the NFL is going back on a deal or something. That isn't the case, this is just the shitty deal they agreed to. I hate Roger Goodell as much as anyone but its not like he is acting unilaterally or even changing the process.

STR8Thugg and raining threes like this.
  13. raining threes

Agreed about Goodell

However nothing should blow back against him or the league in this case.

14. raining threes

They make the playoffs with Jimmy G

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That's just naughright...

Jose Cuervo likes this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

How many games did the owner of the Patriots get for getting that rub and tug?

DD

BigShasta likes this.
  17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Another factor the NFL is going to consider in Watson's punishment is his flouting of the stringent rules related to Covid in '20.

raining threes likes this.
  18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Zero

19. Qan

Qan Member

Yah..about the same number of women that came out and sued him.

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

That is an incredibly stupid take. The two situations are entirely different other than they were both seeking a “happy ending”.