1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New York Times: Hillary Clinton illegally used private email for all State Dept. business

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Mar 2, 2015.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Makes no sense why politically MAGA nuts would want to bring this up. Why would something that sunk Hillary’s candidacy be a good thing politically for Trump??

But I do think it’s an important comp in regards to prosecution and the question of provable intent. The bar is even higher for Trump for a prosecutor to want to literally risk their life in this case. The life of the judge who just signed off on a warrant is at risk now. Just imagine being the prosecutor who indicts Trump and has to go to trial to plead their case.

Like Hillary I don’t think it’s likely a prosecutor is willing to indict unless the evidence is so egregious which I very well could be. It seems to me that based on how the DOJ is acting, they really only wanted to secure those documents to keep Trump from doing something but their inaction and timid nature thus far left so much runway for his team to obstruct and destroy evidence. At every turn they are saying to him “please stop making us investigate you!!”

But it’s utterly stupid for the GOP to think Trump
    is going to be MORE electable in 24 because of this. They are boneheads at the top and them not being able to break through to Rupert Murdoch is baffling.

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Delete not wipe, after providing the content to the fbi. The fbi investigation assessed that she did NOT obstruct the investigation.

No Worries and Nook like this.
  3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Because they’re idiots. These are stupid…stupid people, plain and simple.

4. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I want Trump to go away and never be heard from again. Be that as it may, it is important that the DOJ be called out for partisan politics. Hillary destroyed, on purpose, subpoenaed evidence. Charges should have been brought. The FBI lied to the FISA court and conspired with the Democratic Party to bring forward a false portfolio in order to prevent Trump from being elected. If Trump did something illegal and it is proven he should be prosecuted. So should have Comi, Hillary, Brennan and more. It is amazing to me when people excuse the DOJ for not enforcing the law for political reasons (the border is another example) and claim they are protecting the Constitution when they enforce the law against Conservatives. Obama using the IRS to target conservatives was another blatant politicization of a Federal Department that should be completely neutral in its pursuit of unlawfulness. People applauding a partisan DOJ and IRS are the knuckle draggers and the real threat to our country, not the millions of conservatives that simply have different political views. Most conservatives were and are appalled at the rioters that attacked our capital.

You are worried about FBI agents and judges being threatened by right wing nuts, so am I. Of course, the DOJ ignored its responsibility when federal judges are being threatened and protested at their residences when it came to the most important court in our country, because they are politically aligned with Abortion protestors. Our DOJ and FBI should also not be above the law and should enforce the laws of the country not just the ones they are politically aligned with. That is how dictatorships and oligarchs are formed.

Space Ghost and Two Sandwiches like this.
  5. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

please highlight any mischaracterizations in this thread.

6. basso

Supporting Member

we're discussing whether there was classified info on the server. there was.

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Hilary and Trump both belong in jail

basso and Nook like this.
  8. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Agreed.

9. dmoneybangbang

And she cooperated with the GOP FBI and cleared by the GOP Comey.

Unlike some other fat, cry baby.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Wouldn't it be a fitting reality show if they made them cell mates?

Andre0087, Nook and King1 like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

I think one is far worse if the allegations are true… but I agree with you. I don’t like this indifference elected officials have towards security and the possibility of being compromised. That may be the attitude in the fat and rich USA, but I promise you in Russia and China that is not the attitude they take.

Asking elected officials to follow basic security rules isn’t too much to ask.

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

You replied to this which wasn't about classified info but obstruction.

"She also did not try to hide anything from the investigation, nor did she refuse to hand over evidence or try to destroy evidence."

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm not a Hilary fan or hater. I'm disappointed in the Democrats for trying to make her president. It's bad enough they made her senator, setting her up in NYC but that was part of the plan to make her president. Total irony that they felt she needed government experience and then she loses to Trump.

It was all a plan to make history . Sometimes I think the Democrats feel they owed her for not divorcing which really would have been a stain on his presidency with the other stain. Haha

That being said you conservatives with the she is a criminal talk are out there. I don't know why she used personal email but what do you think she is hiding as Secretary of State. It's a another position she got because of the plan to make history.

She does care about things but they are domestic issues. Her using personal email was just selfish. I don't know why Colin Powell did it but neither doesn't compare to Trump leaving with those documents because as many bad reasons for Clinton using personal email there are, there are no accusations of impropriety. I don't know why Trump did it but doing it was illegal.

Two Sandwiches and Blatz like this.
  14. basso

Supporting Member

agreed.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

@basso simping for Tramp like he did for Cheney and Rummy.

This shitstain doesn't deserve its own thread.

https://news.yahoo.com/hillary-clinton-uses-trumps-tweets-194636141.html
    Hillary Clinton uses Trump's tweets against him in RICO lawsuit

Fri, August 12, 2022, 12:46 PM
    [​IMG]

Donald Trump (L), Hillary Clinton (R).Saul Loeb/AFP via Getty Images (L), Ludovic Marin/AFP via Getty Images (R).

• Former President Donald Trump filed a RICO lawsuit against Hillary Clinton in April.

• The suit argues that Clinton and several other defendants carried out a plot to link Trump's 2016 campaign to Russia.

• On Thursday, Clinton's attorneys argued that Trump's tweets prove the claim was filed past the statute of limitations.
    Hillary Clinton's attorneys used former President Donald Trump's own tweets against him in an effort to have his RICO lawsuit against her thrown out on Thursday.

Trump sued Clinton— his political opponent the year in question — and several defendants including the Democratic Party, the DOJ, and the FBI, accusing them of carrying out a plot to link his 2016 presidential campaign to Russia.

Clinton's attorneys initially filed a motion to dismiss the lawsuit in April, arguing among other things that the statute of limitations had run out for Trump to file his claim under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act.

Trump's team responded earlier this month, and on Thursday Clinton's attorneys filed a rebuttal, arguing that Trump's response did not address their claim that his complaint was filed past the statute of limitations — something his own tweets prove.

Clinton's attorneys wrote that Trump "took to Twitter in 2017 to accuse Clinton, the Democrats, the intelligence community, and others" of conspiring to connect his campaign to Russia.

"Because Plaintiff's tweets are judicially noticeable and prove his claims are untimely, the Court should dismiss on statute-of-limitations grounds," the court document states.

Clinton's attorneys also slammed Trump's argument that the defendants "intentionally and improperly exceeded their authority to access servers belonging to the Executive Office of the President and Trump Organization" and said the argument "misses the point for at least two reasons," according to the court documents.

Clinton's lawyers argued in the court documents that Trump has not provided sufficient evidence to prove the defendants accessed private data and that the computer servers belonging to the EOP and the Trump Organization mentioned in the complaint are not covered under the Stored Communications Act.

16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You act like they don't get along when they are not in the spotlight

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I think it'd be interesting all the way around. Certainly the odd couple, but I think they'd have interesting chemistry when forced.

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Was there classified info on Hillary’s home server? Yes.

Was that Hillary’s intent? No. She instructed the State Department IT to not forward emails with classified info. All emails with classified info that were properly marked were not forwarded.

This gets down to a relatively small of emails, that got forwarded since they were not properly marked.

The question of whether or not there were classified emails on her home server is nuanced. If you treat it as a black or white question, you are tipping your hand that you don’t really care about the details, just seeing what **** will stick to the wall.

Deckard likes this.
  19. basso

Supporting Member

go listen to Comey again and tell me whether its "nuanced".

it's not

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You'll shovel up anything in an effort to deflect from trump's madness. It's not working.