1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: FBI raiding Mar-a-Lago

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by larsv8, Aug 8, 2022.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't get people's pathetic excuses to try and minimize any of this. Does the FBI call a drug dealer and ask them to turn in guns before a search? Does the FBI call an arms dealer and ask them to return weapons before a search? Acting on a tip is what they do.

Sorry, anyone who was or is a President knows that certain documents are NOT allowed to be taken, or even shared with people without a need to know and a clearance. Who knows who saw whatever he took home, or who might be offered info from those said documents for a favor or price in the future. All I know is that Trump has no excuse. None.

#1461 deb4rockets, Aug 12, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Where's a no-knock warrant when you need one amirite?

Should've called Louisville PD.

Blast open the door to Trumpville at 2AM, weapons drawn. Y'know, **** around and find out style.

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I mean, he has them. Several of them. But they're all terrible and contradictory. Per usual.

Such a sad week for America.

Everyone should be terrified we let this corrupt nincompoop anywhere near the White House.

mdrowe00, quikkag, mtbrays and 4 others like this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The FBI isn't obligated to issue a second subpoena or a third and on and on until they are returned.

The whole approach is insulting. Trump was given preferential treatment from the FBI and DOJ. They visited him personally to request it.

Another citizen wouldn't get that kind of treatment.

After Trump left the white house, I'm pretty sure his security clearance was revoked. That may have prevented them from going into much detail.

Trump should have complied he didn't.

The DOJ didn't announce the warrant and its execution. Donald Trump publicized it. He is the one that made it public.

Had he kept quiet this wouldn't have been a story.

jo mama, mdrowe00, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Shhh... let the man JAQ off in peace.

jiggyfly, jo mama, mdrowe00 and 7 others like this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

still clever

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This! Especially one brazen enough to start an insurrection and coup at their last job.

mdrowe00, quikkag and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. CrazyJoeDavola

Lol
    Yes, a second subpoena seemed reasonable. A "pretty please" with sugar on top would have no doubt sealed the deal as well.​

jiggyfly, mdrowe00, Deckard and 4 others like this.
  9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Ah ok. I understand your position. No, there is not written documents to support my point. It was pure speculation and my opinion. I arrived at my opinion from three points.
    One being Hillary Clinton email incident. While the two incidents are not the same, the same principle applies. Both are allegedly in possession of classified material outside secured environments.

Ive listened to a couple pragmatic lawyers (ie: ones who didn't care either way, simply commenting on the data) discuss the topic. Basically its too early to tell. The a couple key questions is how the government was aware of the documents being in Trumps possession. And if it warranted the response it got. Usually stuff like this gets handled through the court system, not raids unless there is a belief something immanent is going down. In other words, is he in possession of sensitive information that the government is unaware and he is about to destroy it, or if he is about to pass the information off to another actor. If he is holding onto information and refuses to return it because he thinks he declassified it (or whatever idiotic excuse someone can come up with), then a judge would demand him return it. If he refused, then a warrant would be issued. If the warrant is refused, then they would come in by force. We just dont know what went on in the background.

Third, this is a good thread to read on twitter. Anyone in the same building with classified information gets trained on this information. Its not exactly cut and dry. Not all secrets are secrets. And there are many secrets our enemies are well aware of but are largely designed to hide it from the American public. See Edward Snowden and Chelsea Manning. What many people dont realize is that just because classified information is leaked, its still illegal to possess it and discuss it, even if CNN is talking about it right in front of you (if you work on or near classified information).

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Shut up, pervert.

11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

wow. Friday night poo flinging at its best

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Take your scat fetish elsewhere dawg.

13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

you are one of the top posters here, clearly. Your insult game is breathtaking

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

15. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Yea we know, welcome to the club.

jiggyfly, mdrowe00 and AleksandarN like this.
  16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I would reply in-kind with a JAQoff article of my own, but alas, none in my RSS feed.

Amiga likes this.
  17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Garland: At least we found classified documents.

Xerobull likes this.
  18. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

That's a good question. @MojoMan can you elaborate on this a bit?

Reeko likes this.
  19. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

your troll job in this thread is particularly strong.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

So uh... hey @ROXRAN ol buddy. Do you mind if I hole up with you for the civil war? You seem like you might have, um, prepared for this.

ROXRAN and FranchiseBlade like this.