1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: FBI raiding Mar-a-Lago

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by larsv8, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

if it leads to Trump being impeached, I'm all for it

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

So instead of classified nuclear documents, trump is hoarding Kenny classified docs. Makes sense for a warrant to b executed. Can't allow the public to learn what actually happen to Kennedy

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I have to admit, the point you're making here is still going over my head.

Andre0087 likes this.
  4. Salvy

Salvy Member

I'm saying whatever the FBI took from Trumps property is going to end up being absolutely irrelevant and unimportant.... Not every classified document is evidence that Soldier Boy was taken by The Russians or that Aliens visited earth. What ever they will try to get Trump on will be turned into another joke or meme because its going to be that stupid.... But to answer your question directly, yeah he could have.... I'm sure he is not the only one ever. I'm also sure its either going to turn out a false alarm (as in The FBI did not find the exact documents they are after and will continue to monitor Trump for it) or its going to be some dumb ass doc and they will try and get Trump disqualified from election.

Or, and the most likely event. Nothing will happen to Trump. We will never know what it was and in the 2024 election who ever is running against him will continue to bring up the open case against Trump and proceed to tell the American people Trump can not be trusted in The White House again....

ROXRAN likes this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you suggested classified documents are "important" by virtue of being classified: "Classified documents are classified documents. U can't just pretend that these documents aren't important. They are classified for the reason."

there are lots of ways classified documents can be unimportant. The Kennedy documents are but one example:

JFK researchers underwhelmed by latest release of assassination documents

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/15/politics/biden-administration-jfk-documents/index.html

excerpt:

Washington CNN — Frustrated JFK researchers say there is little new to learn in Wednesday’s release of previously classified documents collected as part of the government review into the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

The vast majority of the almost 1,500 documents released by the National Archives as new appear to be duplicates of previously released documents with only a few redacted words now revealed, often the name of a CIA case officer or the location of an overseas agency station that investigators had already pieced together. Some have no changes whatsoever.

The release still leaves more than 10,000 documents either partially redacted or withheld entirely, which won’t be seen until December 2022 at the earliest under an order issued by President Joe Biden in October. It has prolonged the bitter debate between the federal government and JFK researchers, who argue that the CIA, the FBI and other national security agencies have continually stonewalled a congressionally mandated release.
    We don't know what the Trump documents are. So for anyone here or anywhere else to assert confidently that they are "important" is simply speculation that could be true, but could also be false.

more at the link

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

They killed Kenny?

jiggyfly and ROXRAN like this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

So basically wait and see what the docs are before making any actual conclusion.

I still say it's wrong for a private citizen to b in possession of any classified docs. They are classified for a reason and a citizen shouldn't b hoarding it

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

If its so unimportant, Trump shouldn't have taken it. Now, if he "accidentally" took them (yeah right), he should have complied with the subpoena months ago and returned the documents. Trump had multiple opportunities to make things right.

It reminds me of the Depp-Heard situation where she had multiple opportunities to set the record straight, yet refused to do so. Depp had no other option (legally speaking) but to sue Amber Heard. Similarly, since Trump and his legal team were NOT cooperating, the FBI had no other option but to go through the courts to obtain a search warrant.

The classified documents belong to the nation, not him. When you check out of a hotel, you don't get to take the bed stand lamp with you. If the hotel asks for it back, you give it back. If you don't give it back, the hotel can take legal recourse to get it back.

9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

10. krnxsnoopy

Its not for you to decide what is irrelevant or unimportant. They're classified so we will never know the actual contents within the documents, but it doesn't matter anyways. Talking about irrelevant.. its irrelevant what the contents of the classified documents are. The only thing that's relevant is who is the owner of the documents.

Let's say I'm your neighbor and I notice you have a car sitting in your driveway for months. It hasn't moved in months and nobody ever drives it. Can I just take it? Must not be important to you since you don't use it. Is that for me to judge, whether its important or unimportant? The only thing that matters is that the car belongs to YOU. I don't get to decide if the car is important/unimportant. Only you (the owner) can decide that. The classified documents belong to the nation, not Trump or any president.

Xopher, Andre0087, superfob and 5 others like this.
  11. durvasa

Some of the documents were reportedly labeled "top secret". I don't know what the criteria are for a classified document to fall under that category. Is it possible that even while technically "top secret", it isn't really that big of a deal? I mean, I suppose, but I would think the probability something that is "top secret" is "important" is higher than 50/50.

Andre0087 likes this.
  12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

From Wiki

The highest security classification. "Top Secret shall be applied to information, the unauthorized disclosure of which reasonably could be expected to cause 'exceptionally grave damage' to the National Security that the original classification authority is able to identify or describe."[26] As of 2019, around 1.25 million individuals have Top Secret clearance.[31]

"Examples of exceptionally grave damage include armed hostilities against the United States or its allies; disruption of foreign relations vitally affecting the national securely; the compromise of vital national defense plans or complex cryptology and communications intelligence systems; the revelation of sensitive intelligence operations, and the disclosure of scientific or technological developments vital to national security."[27]

Seems like a big ****ing deal to me.

AleksandarN, JeeberD and No Worries like this.
  13. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Turley is such disingenuous turd.

14. Newlin

Newlin Member

I think you are on to something professor. Trump is using the Kennedy files to keep Ted Cruz in line!!! Trump called Cruz’s wife ugly, but Cruz will kiss Trump’s ass all day long. It all makes perfect sense.
    Trump accuses Cruz's father of helping JFK's assassin

https://www.politico.com/blogs/2016...-results/2016/05/trump-ted-cruz-father-222730

mdrowe00, Xerobull and Andre0087 like this.
  15. durvasa

[​IMG]

@bobrek

16. krnxsnoopy

In basketball terms, we call this an unforced turnover. In tennis, it's called an unforced error. Self-inflicted wound. The list goes on and on. Trump has no one to blame for this shitshow but himself.

mdrowe00, Blatz and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Much better...

18. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

It's why @Os Trigonum loves him ever so much.

No Worries and dmoneybangbang like this.
  19. CCorn

CCorn Member

Yep. The FBI and judge knowingly put themselves in danger with his cult over a misunderstanding. Makes sense.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

• He took it.
    • It wasn't legal.
    • It's a felony.
    • Trump had numerous opportunities to return them and not have any issues.
    • Trump chose to make the warrant public
    The only thing left is to see what the DOJ does with it.

You can rationalize it all you want. That doesn't matter.

mdrowe00, Xopher and Andre0087 like this.